Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Anthony Wright the first Black QB G-men ever had?

This is what I call progression. I'm elated to have a black QB on my team. Maybe it seems trivial to some, but it's from those who dont understand that a "first" means something. 80 years as a franchise and we finally get a black QB. To me that says a lot about. Thanks Jerry. It's about time. Regardless, I feel a since of pride, even if it is just Anthony Wright. I'm very very very excited about this.

People who try to say that race is a non-issue are pretty much living in a fantasy world.

Oh, and on the Sharpton kick, it's all been blown out of proportion.Al Sharpton has no power. Jesse Jackson has no power. I didnt hear anything from either one of them about Imus. What I heard was all the other media talking about Imus and Sharpton. It's funny to me howthey say Sharpton got Imus fired. That's giving Al waaaaaay too much credit. Al and Jesse run their mouths all the time. No one ever cared before. Imus deserved to get fired.ANYONE making those comments wouldbe firedeven a black man. People who are mad at Al and Jesse and calling them hypocrits are just plain lost. And its funny how there are so many lost people out there.

[quote user="Trashcanman"]

[quote user="Bobby1"]Jessie and Al didn't make those remarks. How can they be blamed?
    [/quote]

Because they just harp on something until it becomes an issue. Can you imagine if the Duke LaCrosse players had been black? All hell would break loose. But since they're white nobody seems to care that our justice system is a much bigger problem than what some guy said on the radio. If they hadn't had money they would be on their way to prison. Thanks to Sharpton and morons that actually give him credibility, free speech is well on it's way to being ancient history in this country.

[/quote]
    you need to change your way of thinking...thats pretty harsh and old fashioned (the only word i could think of without being offensive.)

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Trashcanman"]

[quote user="Bobby1"]Jessie and Al didn't make those remarks. How can they be blamed?
    [/quote]

Because they just harp on something until it becomes an issue. Can you imagine if the Duke LaCrosse players had been black? All hell would break loose. But since they're white nobody seems to care that our justice system is a much bigger problem than what some guy said on the radio. If they hadn't had money they would be on their way to prison. Thanks to Sharpton and morons that actually give him credibility, free speech is well on it's way to being ancient history in this country.

[/quote]
    you need to change your way of thinking...thats pretty harsh and old fashioned (the only word i could think of without being offensive.)
    [/quote]

Say what you want but it's the truth. I really can't figure out what you're trying to say with those comments. Change my way of thinking? Ok. Whatever. I have trouble taking someone serious who has 420 in their sig. Maybe the pot is distorting your way of thinking.

[quote user="J FINN 20"]even if he he why is that such a big deal? I blame Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton for all the racial problems in this city
    [/quote]

What an idiotic tangent. Really, were you gearing up for a soapbox to bash Al Sharpton/Jackson/racial radicals? Did you need a reason to vent your anger towards them? That's great, go to a political MB, your diatribes are not needed here.

I think the fact that Wright is a black QB means little to nothing for the Giants. He'll be nearly invisible to them, so it's not like he's being featured in a leading role.

speaking of wright, does anybody know anything about how much his contract is worth?

[quote user="ReeBoK894"]speaking of wright, does anybody know anything about how much his contract is worth?[/quote]

probably the league min...hopeefully. i just hope he doesnt have any nappy headed hoes running around the facilities.

[quote user="thegreatone"]

[quote user="ReeBoK894"]speaking of wright, does anybody know anything about how much his contract is worth?[/quote]

probably the league min...hopeefully. i just hope he doesnt have any nappy headed hoes running around the facilities.

[/quote]
    haha nice one Don

josh harris (black qb from training camp last year) didnt make the team so Wright might be the first one to make the team.

Onto Imus... in a media class we spoke about it and I said that Imus has made anti-semitic and anti-Christian remarks before and nothing was made of it but once he said something about black women this whole thing happened and he got fired. Then a black girl said in response "saying 'nappy-headed hoes' is much worse than anything he's said in the past."

If that is true, then why is nothing made of rappers' lyrics. For instance, Ludacris: "Youza hooooo, youza hoooooo.... I got hoes in different area codes..." Or "move, *****, get out the way..." That is fine and dandy to listen to, but if a white guy says "hoes" he gets fired? Where is the rational in that. The same outraged blacks who think Imus should have been fired have Ludacris and 50 cent and 3 6 mafia on their iPods.

I think people just need to grow up and realize that we're all the
    same. Honestly...who cares if he's the first black quarterback? I feel
    like the way everyone gets all excited when the first black guy does
    something does nothing but perpetuate the separation of the races. If
    we're all supposed to be equal, which i believe we are, I don't see why
    it matters at all. Decades ago it mattered. Jackie Robinson mattered.
    Now, though, I don't understand why its news. Doesn't saying "so and so
    is the first black whatever" just make it seem like black people are
    different and should be treated as such? Consider everyone a person. Your race should neither be a
    positive nor negative factor in anything. Maybe this is all a bit
    idealistic but I really think that if people stopped making the
    distinctions we would be a lot better off.

[quote user="upperdecker329"]I think people just need to grow up and realize that we're all the
    same. Honestly...who cares if he's the first black quarterback? I feel
    like the way everyone gets all excited when the first black guy does
    something does nothing but perpetuate the separation of the races. If
    we're all supposed to be equal, which i believe we are, I don't see why
    it matters at all. Decades ago it mattered. Jackie Robinson mattered.
    Now, though, I don't understand why its news. Doesn't saying "so and so
    is the first black whatever" just make it seem like black people are
    different and should be treated as such? Consider everyone a person. Your race should neither be a
    positive nor negative factor in anything. Maybe this is all a bit
    idealistic but I really think that if people stopped making the
    distinctions we would be a lot better off.
    [/quote]

its true but even nowadays sportscenter would make note if the first black person ever did _____. Or hispanic or white also.