Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Bench Player

Re: Is Anthony Wright the first Black QB G-men ever had?

the only thing you shut down was your own nonsense buddy You act liek everyone is racist well look again cause i am not but stop crying to me, and making lame excuses.

Bench Player

No not everyone is racists (especially if you actually know what racesim means), but the fact that you agree with ignorant, untrue, uninformed, uneducated statments taken from a White Supremecy site, leads me to possibly believe that you may harbor some of those same senitments.

U say I making excuses,more like documented fact that can be found in numerous textbooks, studies and websites.

[quote user="lilrich"][quote user="dercky7"]

I don't think this has antything to do with white or black and I do feel that when subjects like this rise it is always turned to this bull**** let it be guys.

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans,
    Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me
    "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" .... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******, camel
    Jockey, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are
    the ghettos the most da ngerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King
    Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom
    Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET.

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) ...we'd be racists.
    If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month . we'd be racists. If we had an
    organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ... we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce,
    and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for
    that?

If we had a college fund that only gave white students
    scholarships .... you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly
    proclaimed Black Colleges in the US, yet if there were "White colleges"
    ...THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for
    your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would
    call us racists. You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and
    you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride you
    call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
    officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running
    from the law and posing a threat to society ... you call him a racist.

I am proud. But, you call me a racist. Why is it that only
    whites can be racists? its stupid but its true

[/quote]

You are the most ignorant idiot I ever seen posting this total bull****, which first appearedon aNeo-Nazi White Supremcists site.

First off BET was created cause no other musicchannel were playingblack artist not MTV not Vh1, so there goes thatweak excuse.

Ghettos have been createddue to the lack ofpoliticans really caring about the inner city community. The didnt care about Crack destroying these communities until it started to reach the white communites of the suburbsand when a white Police officer was killed in NYPD who was used a martyr for Bush Srfirst election. This created ahuge number of minorites being unfairly targeted (those who had nothing dowith the drug trade).

Black colleges were created because there were denied to the predominated white colleges at the time, and the trip is these Black Colleges accept white students!

Black History month is relegated to the shortest month of the calendar year when it actuality should already be a part of history curriculum.

White Racial slurs do not hold the historical significance of other racial slurs. A black person call a white person cracker all they want, it is wrong but minorites do not have the power in terms of politically, socially, economically etc to create public policies that negatively hurts white communites on a large scale, they way racist whites have done throughout history. The person who says is a sociology major can back me up on this claim.

In essence I just shut down that entire bull**** post.

[/quote]

Nice post, you really put that guy in his place. The thing he doesn't understand is that the things we help out the minority cultures with is because WE OWE THEM. There was a little thing called slavery, I don't know if the guy who starterd that neo nazi post understands this premis. It's one thing to know the term slavery, its another to imagine your family, blood line being forced into slave labor with no pay and no rights. When we abolished slavery, certain politicians lobied for the necessary help that these minority groups rightly deserve. This guy says "If a black person sees me he can call me honkey etc etc, if I call him the n word I m a racist." Well, the thing you MUST understand is, it took white society about 100 plus years to get a proactive idea, slavery isn't that old, thus, we must allow those who suffered the time to get that same proactive idea. I liked your point about when and how those racist terms really effect the culure, its when those in power use those terms and thoughts, not the minority.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="lilrich"][quote user="dercky7"]

I don't think this has antything to do with white or black and I do feel that when subjects like this rise it is always turned to this bull**** let it be guys.

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans,
    Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me
    "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" .... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******, camel
    Jockey, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are
    the ghettos the most da ngerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King
    Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom
    Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET.

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) ...we'd be racists.
    If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month . we'd be racists. If we had an
    organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ... we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce,
    and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for
    that?

If we had a college fund that only gave white students
    scholarships .... you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly
    proclaimed Black Colleges in the US, yet if there were "White colleges"
    ...THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for
    your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would
    call us racists. You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and
    you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride you
    call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
    officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running
    from the law and posing a threat to society ... you call him a racist.

I am proud. But, you call me a racist. Why is it that only
    whites can be racists? its stupid but its true

[/quote]

You are the most ignorant idiot I ever seen posting this total bull****, which first appearedon aNeo-Nazi White Supremcists site.

First off BET was created cause no other musicchannel were playingblack artist not MTV not Vh1, so there goes thatweak excuse.

Ghettos have been createddue to the lack ofpoliticans really caring about the inner city community. The didnt care about Crack destroying these communities until it started to reach the white communites of the suburbsand when a white Police officer was killed in NYPD who was used a martyr for Bush Srfirst election. This created ahuge number of minorites being unfairly targeted (those who had nothing dowith the drug trade).

Black colleges were created because there were denied to the predominated white colleges at the time, and the trip is these Black Colleges accept white students!

Black History month is relegated to the shortest month of the calendar year when it actuality should already be a part of history curriculum.

White Racial slurs do not hold the historical significance of other racial slurs. A black person call a white person cracker all they want, it is wrong but minorites do not have the power in terms of politically, socially, economically etc to create public policies that negatively hurts white communites on a large scale, they way racist whites have done throughout history. The person who says is a sociology major can back me up on this claim.

In essence I just shut down that entire bull**** post.

[/quote]

Nice post, you really put that guy in his place. The thing he doesn't understand is that the things we help out the minority cultures with is because WE OWE THEM. There was a little thing called slavery, I don't know if the guy who starterd that neo nazi post understands this premis. It's one thing to know the term slavery, its another to imagine your family, blood line being forced into slave labor with no pay and no rights. When we abolished slavery, certain politicians lobied for the necessary help that these minority groups rightly deserve. This guy says "If a black person sees me he can call me honkey etc etc, if I call him the n word I m a racist." Well, the thing you MUST understand is, it took white society about 100 plus years to get a proactive idea, slavery isn't that old, thus, we must allow those who suffered the time to get that same proactive idea. I liked your point about when and how those racist terms really effect the culure, its when those in power use those terms and thoughts, not the minority.
    [/quote]

owe them? i owe no man anything. especially for something that happened before my family even came to this country. this what ticks off a lot of white ppl so much. many of our families never even owned slaves and yet we are held accountable for mistakes some other ******bags made because we share the same color skin? man im sick of this BS.

you know jews are one of the mostbeat down ethnicities in history but do you constantly hear them *****ing and moaning? no they overcame and now are a very prosperous ppl. same with irish, and italian. not to the extent of the jews but they all overcame racism. must of been hard for them to have a fellow white man hate them because of their background. do i owe the irish,italians,asian,s because my family is of english and british decent? hell no. ive never oppressed anyone nor do i OWE anyone squat.

like another poster stated, many of them just lack the drive to overcome economical and psycological barriers. laziness...not all but many.

Bench Player

I believe that everyone is a racist in these modern times. The situation is so touchy that you could be considered a racist for making a joke how all Asians are good with math. Your not being malevolent towards the race but it is unappropriate.
    rac·ism

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character.

According to that definition I guess I'm considered a racist. Not in the traditional sense of I hate you cause your not like me sense, more of the sense of stereotyping. I'm of Italian heritage and I stereotype against Italian's if I see a guido guy walking around I will think he is Italian. That would come under racism, also If there is a rich Italian male I'd probably assume they are connected to the mafia depending on what they do. Is that really discriminating against anyone no? Does that make me a racist I reall don't know but to say that no in here has ever had a racist thought that Asian's are good at math or don't drive well, that Irish people are drunks, Italians are all gangsters, and so on. I can say that most people in America have had racists thoughts so wouldn't that make this whole country racist?

I was hoping this thread actually might discuss Anthony Wright but I see that there is no chance of that. Are there even moderators on this board?

Anyway, 420, I have to respond to a few things you said here.
    [quote user="giantsfan420"]
    Nice post, you really put that guy in
    his place. The thing he doesn't understand is that the things we help
    out the minority cultures with is because WE OWE THEM. There was a
    little thing called slavery, I don't know if the guy who starterd that
    neo nazi post understands this premis. It's one thing to know the term
    slavery, its another to imagine your family, blood line being forced
    into slave labor with no pay and no rights. When we abolished slavery,
    certain politicians lobied for the necessary help that these minority
    groups rightly deserve. This guy says "If a black person sees me he can
    call me honkey etc etc, if I call him the n word I m a racist." Well,
    the thing you MUST understand is, it took white society about 100 plus
    years to get a proactive idea, slavery isn't that old, thus, we must
    allow those who suffered the time to get that same proactive idea. I
    liked your point about when and how those racist terms really effect
    the culure, its when those in power use those terms and thoughts, not
    the minority.
    [/quote]

I am white. 100 years ago my family was living in dirt poor conditions in southern Italy, hardly able to feed themselves. My great grandfather saved up to come to America. He was discriminated against and not given jobs because he was Catholic and he was "dark." He never had slaves. Nor did his grandfather, or his grandfather's grandfather.

You can blame the English colonists and early white Americans for slavery and its effects, but please keep in mind that

A. they're all dead and their ancestors aren't guilty of their sins
    B. not all white Americans are descended from slave owning Anglos. In fact, most are not.
    C. I don't "owe" anyone anything because of the mistakes of people I am not even related to.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]
    If I go onto a public forum and start saying racist things and I apologize but I have to use an example, "Black people are the best at basketball." Granted, your opinion may coincide with that statement, however people must evolve into not saying "black" people, but the individual, i.e. Michael Jordan was the best bball player ever. When we get into classifications and labeling, no matter what the argument, it will lead to thinking that hurts instead of helps.[/quote]

Ok, here is where you lose me. I do not follow basketball, but is it safe to say that hmm.. out of the top 10 NBA players, 7 of them are black? And that there are a lot more blacks than any other race in the NBA? Then how is it not just an observation that "black people are the best at basketball"? What is wrong about that? How is it not factual, if at the highest level of basketball... the NBA... out of millions of people who love to play, the "cream of the crop" who go pro are mostly black.

It does not necessarily imply that there is some feature inherent in African DNA strains that = basketball all star. It just means that the best players in the NBA are black! Guess what, the best bowlers in the Vienna Bowling League are Austrian! :-)

You see, the human mind has a natural tendency to categorize things. General categories based on observation and experience is how we make sense of the world.

Where a generalization like this goes wrong is when it leads to statements like:
    "You're black, so you must be good at basketball." or "You're Asian, so you must suck at basketball." That is where it gets bad, because it turns the generalization into an absolute... and a generalization is just that... "generally" correct in terms of trends, not an absolute indicator of individual performance.

Do you see the difference here?

That's why Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, everyone was pulling for this guy to get fired. Its not because he's white, it's because he literally crossed a line and labeled and classified black women into "knappy headed hoes".
    Ok, this betrays your ignorance of the topic.It doesn't seem like you have ever listened to Imus, or really done much investigation into this particular incident.

I actually listened to Imus so I got to know his personality. I remember when he was discussing race, and what he said to his son Wyatt when he asked why some guys are black and some guys are white. Imus told his son, it's like cars, I've got a black pickup, your mom has a white one, but they have t he same engine, they run on the same gas. I think that is a great analogy to use to describe race to a child. And certainly is not an analogy that a racist would use!

Also, Imus used the "nappy" term to describe Rutgers team compared to the Tennessee team... both teams were primarily black. He was not using it to describe all black women.

Anyway, I'm not at all defending what he said, just trying to put it into context, and let you know that if you actually listen to the guy, he is not a racist. He just did something awful, like we all do at different points in our life.

Rather than Imus taking classes on racism, I think you should take some more sociology classes, especially one that teaches:

1. Do not jump to conclusions
    2. It's best to withhold judgement until you have all the facts.

This is exactly why we don't allow any kind of political, religious,or racially oriented discussion on any of these forums. It gets off topic and then it gets ugly.

TAKE THIS SORT OF THING ELSEWHERE OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR LIFE