+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The keys to beating the 49ers

NO TURNOVERS. Eli threw two interceptions last time we faced them. One was in the red zone as well. That can't happen. We have to make Alex Smith beat us. Their red zone offense isn't the best and they will be forced to rely on Akers. Akers won't miss but you can't rely on field goals to win in the playoffs. Well, I guess with their defense you can. Anyway, another thing is that our defense has to stay on our toes. San Fran is very creative. JPP and Nicks were very quiet last game and we can't have that be the case again. Mario received more than 10 targets last time we battled so he is going to have to step up. Bring our running game into the mix and hopefully we'll be on our way to Indi.

Veteran

Re: The keys to beating the 49ers

Didn't they some bull**** onside kick too?

All-Pro

That game changed when Boley was injured. They played a decent game but when he was lost they attacked the rookie.

Veteran

Geez, I don't even know. Annihilating the #1 seed and I'd say it's a turnover battle. Without pressure, Eli will take them apart.

Can't believe I"m saying Eli will take a defense apart yet it's true.

All-Pro

They try all kinds of trick plays. Yes, they pulled off an on side kick that game.

Bench Player

Double team Justin Smith or this might happen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrbHlu5sH8

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]Geez, I don't even know. Annihilating the #1 seed and I'd say it's a turnover battle. Without pressure, Eli will take them apart.

Can't believe I"m saying Eli will take a defense apart yet it's true.[/quote]

I agree. The key is the offensive line giving Eli enough time to throw it deep and to build a lead. Everyone says Alex Smith finally won a shootout but it's easy to do that when you build an early 17-0 lead off of turnovers and the other team is playing from behind the entire game. Let's see if he can actually match an elite quarterback drive for drive.

#1 Stop Frank Gore
    #2 Extra coverage on Vernon Davis
    #3 Have Eli keep on keepin on
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

They're going to get pressure. Aldon, Willis, Justin, etc...

Frank Gore also didn't play last game...