+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Onside Kick

Onside Kick

The second McCarthy went for that onside kick I had a huge feeling we were going to win this game.

When he did that, it gave me the same feeling it gave me when Sean Payton did it against the Colts in the superbowl. I felt that McCarthy believed the Giants were a better team. As it turns out, he was right.

Re: Onside Kick

He was chicken shi*

Teams seem to love getting unconventional on us, and it's always great when it backfires because then it gives us the momentum, and also shows us that they realize that we have an edge, and they need to try to get creative to gain leverage.

They can try all the tricks in the book, these things can really backfire on them.

Tremendous heads up play by Martin

Not surprised at all that they tried that......it has caught us off guard a couple of times in our recent past. In the words of Pete Townshend, we "Won't Get Fooled Again".

I'd still like to see us do something unexpected like that. . .just once.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Don't mess with TC, he is conservative all the way, and in the playoffs that is exactly what you want.

Veteran

Derrick Martin, the guy who recovered the first one, came from the Packers. He said he told the Giants that they run that in practice a lot. Also said he knew it was coming, just didn't know when

This is from one of the beat writer tweets, btw

Veteran

[quote user="OneGiantLeap"]The second McCarthy went for that onside kick I had a huge feeling we were going to win this game.

When he did that, it gave me the same feeling it gave me when Sean Payton did it against the Colts in the superbowl. I felt that McCarthy believed the Giants were a better team. As it turns out, he was right.
    [/quote]

Me too. I thought "why would the best offense in the NFL onsides kick here if they weren't scared"

And I was right. They WERE scared.