+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

This win changes the Elite QB Conversation (again).

This is not meant to take anything away from Rodgers. He's an awesome QB, and has a ring, and will probably retire with more than one.

But, going into this game, the common consensus was that Rodgers, Brees and Brady were the top 3 QBs in the NFL.

Well, now 2 of them are out of the tourney.

And once again, Eli goes up to Lambeau and outplays his counterpart.

I'm not saying Eli is better than Rodgers.....but unless I'm wrong, he's the only opposing QB to win more than one playoff game in Lambeau now....and he's moving on.

Who knows whatthe conversation will sound like when the season is over?

Re: This win changes the Elite QB Conversation (again).

He is better than Rodgers as an all around QB. Rodgers had a great season, but he is not clutch.

You will always have fans who argue that he's elite or not.

But I think I can speak on behalf of every Giant fan, that we are very happy to have him as our quarterback. (He's a winner)

Giants fan since the early 80s

At least, we can put to bed all the phillip rivers/big ben comparison crap. Eli has ended up being worth the draft pick trade and has meant so much more to this team than anyone could have imagined.

Rodgers is a great QB but as you know football is a team sport and his team let him down today. Rodgers was out there scrambling for his life like he was Michael Vick and at times he was taking his eyes off downfield and looking at the pass rush. Eli is great as well but one thing he has going for him right now is that the whole team has stepped up.

Don't you guys know that whenever Eli starts to get credit from people as an elite QB his next game becomes a stinker...

I'm happy and content to just say Eli played a great game....And leave it at that.

Banned

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]At least, we can put to bed all the phillip rivers/big ben comparison crap. Eli has ended up being worth the draft pick trade and has meant so much more to this team than anyone could have imagined.[/quote]
    I don't even think Eli had his best game today, but hes the best. People hated how it looked like he didn't care??? Have you seen some one fist pump harder than Eli? I love his reaction to TDS.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

This is not meant to take anything away from Rodgers.* He's an awesome QB, and has a ring, and will probably retire with more than one.

But, going into this game, the common consensus was that Rodgers, Brees and Brady were the top 3 QBs in the NFL.

Well, now 2 of them are out of the tourney.

And once again, Eli goes up to Lambeau and outplays his counterpart.

I'm not saying Eli is better than Rodgers.....but unless I'm wrong, he's the only opposing QB to win more than one playoff game in Lambeau now....and he's moving on.

Who knows what*the conversation will sound like when the season is over?

[/quote]Rodgers and Brees folded vs a tough defense.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

[quote user="titwio"]Don't you guys know that whenever Eli starts to get credit from people his next game becomes a stinker... I'm happy and content to just say Eli played a great game....And leave it at that.[/quote]

Eli had a great game v. the Falcons, and got credit for it, so I think we're safe.

I'm just saying thatafter thisPackers game, the talent margin between Rodgers and Eli isn't as large as I thought before this game.

[quote user="titwio"]Don't you guys know that whenever Eli starts to get credit from people his next game becomes a stinker...

I'm happy and content to just say Eli played a great game....And leave it at that.[/quote]

Easy to say that going against the much tougher SF 49er defense. I believe Eli will be able to top the 49ers this time. He's in his SB playoff mode.