+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Expose Alex Smith for what he really is...

A nobody. We should be able to destroy him, if we play the same d that weve been playing the last 5 weeks.

Alex Smith is a fluke. Hes alright but hes not great, we have to finally put him down.
    ITs the 49ers d that im worried about.

Veteran

Re: Expose Alex Smith for what he really is...

The man drove down the field TWICE when it mattered. He is not a bum.

Veteran

No one is pretending or claiming Smith is great. What they are saying is he has handled play action fakes well - has been effective in the dink and dunk - has made plays with his legs - has not turned the ball over and has been exactly what they've asked him to be. They don't askl Smith to beat teams with his arm very often - although he sure as hell showed NO he could do that. So lets not rush into saying he is a fluke. He has put together a very good year.

He is not a QB who will beat you all on his own - as eli has many times this year - but he has done a wonderful job as a field general and has shown he can make plays when they need it. Like every other Q get him in third and longs and then put him on his back - its hard to throw from your back. BUT DONT SLEEP ON HIM.

[quote user="BeatTHEJETS"]A nobody. We should be able to destroy him, if we play the same d that weve been playing the last 5 weeks.

Alex Smith is a fluke. Hes alright but hes not great, we have to finally put him down.
    ITs the 49ers d that im worried about.[/quote]We made the mistake once of underrating him. We can't afford to do it again.

idk about that game I mean the Saints leading sacker was their saftey

Veteran

I think the Giants really need to step back and appreciate how damn good the 49ers have begun.

I remember the first game, I thought the Giants were going to kick their ***.

Granted, I think the Giantsare playing much better football now than at midseason.....but the 49ers just beat a team that mopped the floor with the Giants a few weeks ago.

I really hope Fewell gameplans him as aggressively as he has with Ryan and Rodgers, though....they can't afford to take him lightly.

[quote user="Pakman"]The man drove down the field TWICE when it mattered. He is not a bum.[/quote]

True. But New Orleans Defense is pretty horrible.

Bench Player

I'm a 49ers fan, I was one of the guys calling for Troy Smith and David Carr last year. This year he has proven to be clutch and really came through for us on a number of games.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm defending Alex Smith. However, I never knew crow can taste this good.

Veteran

[quote user="RiceFan49"]I'm a 49ers fan, I was one of the guys calling for Troy Smith and David Carr last year. This year he has proven to be clutch and really came through for us on a number of games.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm defending Alex Smith. However, I never knew crow can taste this good.[/quote]

I always knew Alex Smith was not a 1st pick, but something told me that this year he would play solid at QB.

[quote user="BeatTHEJETS"]A nobody. We should be able to destroy him, if we play the same d that weve been playing the last 5 weeks.

ITs the 49ers d that im worried about.[/quote]This is the same thing the Rams said about Brady in that 1st SB.