+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do we stop Davis

4.3 is all i have to say

Re: How do we stop Davis

Guy is a beast, I'm scared of him

heavy dose of Boley & Philips bracketing.

Veteran

Attach Boley to his hip.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

Boley Williams KP and Deon. Boley is gonna need help for sure - Davis is faster and bigger then Whitten - Gonzo and Finley. Im glad he had a huge game just so the Gmen are keying on him and see the tape of how the saints failed. Davis is beast and we were doing ok on him until boley went down first matchup.

Gore is the guy to worry about. Don't let SF get their run game going or it will be tough.

he is an amazing talent, but we have dealt with great TEs before. They will need more than Davis playing well to beat us. I think that if we keep a body on him at all times, and don't let him lose in those crossing patterns (like the one he used to spring a TD run after the catch against us in the last game) we should be fine. All in all, I think that our defense matches well against their offense, as they are not a loaded at the WR position like the Saints and Packers. Ginn, Crabtree and Davis are a great set, but we have the depth at DB to match them. As long as our DBs keep up with them long enough for the pass rush to create trouble, that will be the key to dealing with Davis and the niners.

Boley. He played well vs Davis. Davis broke out after Boley went down, till then we were up.

I do agree a good does of double team would be nice.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

[quote user="giants-_-"]4.3 is all i have to say
    [/quote]

By not doing what GreggWilliams did all game; namely the Giants won't need to rush 6 guys constantly and leave everyone in single coverage.

[quote user="Gmenfan87"]Gore is the guy to worry about. Don't let SF get their run game going or it will be tough.
    [/quote]

could not have said it better. Hunter is no joke either, as he is a upcoming talent in the league, kind of reminding me of Ahmad Bradshaw's rookie year. I am hoping that Canty can be fully healthy for next week's game.