+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The MVP Either Brees or Rodgers! hahahah***

It is most VALUABLE player. Not the best stat whoring even though there should have some weight in it.

Bottom line it should be Eli.

Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: The MVP Either Brees or Rodgers! hahahah***

One must remember that the MVP award is a regular season award. Nothing that happens in the postseason is taken into consideration. I mean, the votes would have been the same even if New Orleans and Green Bay had both won this weekend since the votes were cast before the games were even played.

That said - and I ask this objectively, not as a Packer fan - if you were to take each QB's postseason performance and results out of the equation entirely and focus specifically on the regular season performances of each, do you really think Eli has a stronger case for the award than the 2 QB's who had record setting seasons this year?

[quote user="Gunakor"]One must remember that the MVP award is a regular season award. Nothing that happens in the postseason is taken into consideration. I mean, the votes would have been the same even if New Orleans and Green Bay had both won this weekend since the votes were cast before the games were even played.

That said - and I ask this objectively, not as a Packer fan - if you were to take each QB's postseason performance and results out of the equation entirely and focus specifically on the regular season performances of each, do you really think Eli has a stronger case for the award than the 2 QB's who had record setting seasons this year?[/quote]Personally I feel it should be till the SB is over.

I feel Eli should had a strong consideration based on many issues.

Here are some reasons.

1) Manning lost a RG and Center to injuries, then his LT. So the line was bad for Elis pass protection.

2) Everyone said manning couldn't do it once we lost Smith and Boss. Then we Didn't have Hixon passed maybe 3rd week? Then Barden out till week 7. And do not forget we were missing Mario for many games.

Who was Cruz, Ballard, Hynoski before the season? Ah unrestricted free agents. No one till Eli helped them along the way.

3) We also have/had no running game.

4) Did you miss the defense we have no had all year?

5) Elis league leading 4th quarter comeback in the regular season.

6) Since we like records then how about Elis 15th history making 4th quarter TDs that puts him in 1st in NFL history ahead of only his brother and Unitas.

7) And he has also thrown for the 5th highest yards thrown in nfl history by a qb and his best year.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Here are some reasons.

1) Manning lost a RG and Center to injuries, then his LT. So the line was bad for Elis pass protection.

2) Everyone said manning couldn't do it once we lost Smith and Boss. Then we Didn't have Hixon passed maybe 3rd week? Then Barden out till week 7. And do not forget we were missing Mario for many games.

Who was Cruz, Ballard, Hynoski before the season? Ah unrestricted free agents. No one till Eli helped them along the way.

6) Since we like records then how about Elis 15th history making 4th quarter TDs that puts him in 1st in NFL history ahead of only his brother and Unitas.

7) And he has also thrown for the 5th highest yards thrown in nfl history by a qb and his best year.[/quote]

Green Bay lost it's RT for a couple weeks in week 2 and again for the last 3 weeks of the season, it's LT in week 3 for the rest of the season until today, and it's RG for a couple weeks just before thanksgiving. So the OL issues are a push IMO.

Green Bay has had no running game and no defense all season long either. This has been firmly established by every fan of every team in America. Eli wins no points over Rodgers for these reasons at all.

Aaron Rodgers did not have a shot at a 4th quarter comeback at all this season save the KC game. Green Bay never trailed in the 4th quarter all season long outside of that game.

Eli threw for the 5th highest season yardage total in NFL history in his best year. But he loses that argument to Brees who threw for the very highest yardage total in NFL history - with one game to spare.

Eli had a great regular season, but in the year of the QB, his was not the greatest. It's not an insult that Eli isn't going to win the award this year. The Giants are still fortunate to have him. 28 other teams in the NFL wish they had a guy like him at QB this season. But the Packers, Saints and Patriots are not among them.

[quote user="Gunakor"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Here are some reasons.

7) And he has also thrown for the 5th highest yards thrown in nfl history by a qb and his best year.[/quote]

Green Bay lost it's RT for a couple weeks in week 2 and again for the last 3 weeks of the season, it's LT in week 3 for the rest of the season until today, and it's RG for a couple weeks just before thanksgiving. So the OL issues are a push IMO.

Green Bay has had no running game and no defense all season long either. This has been firmly established by every fan of every team in America. Eli wins no points over Rodgers for these reasons at all.

Aaron Rodgers did not have a shot at a 4th quarter comeback at all this season save the KC game. Green Bay never trailed in the 4th quarter all season long outside of that game.

Eli threw for the 5th highest season yardage total in NFL history in his best year. But he loses that argument to Brees who threw for the very highest yardage total in NFL history - with one game to spare.

Eli had a great regular season, but in the year of the QB, his was not the greatest. It's not an insult that Eli isn't going to win the award this year. The Giants are still fortunate to have him. 28 other teams in the NFL wish they had a guy like him at QB this season. But the Packers, Saints and Patriots are not among them.[/quote]All based on your perception.

I would agree that those fans and teams are happy with their qbs including the colts if manning comes back happy.

Yet most NYG fans and all NYG players and coaches wouldn't change their QB either.

Btw how did those above mentioned qbs do when they were down?

Your run game was actually better then ours this year thats how bad it was. Also the line we lost for a year not missed time.

We also had the toughest 9 games left in the season. SOS (strength of schedule)

But you also cannot make an argument for one guy like rodgers, then bring in brees to make an argument for another spot.

Also you never mentioned our WR/TE situation. Unlike Rodgers, Brees and Brady, they had those spots set, while Eli and the Giants only had Nicks, and Mario (when he wasn't injured for a good part of the season).
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]But you also cannot make an argument for one guy like rodgers, then bring in brees to make an argument for another spot.[/quote]

Why not? I could make an argument for Mark Sanchez if I thought there was a credible argument to make for him (there isn't, of course). The MVP award is competed for by all who are eligible, not just Eli vs Rodgers. Rodgers beats Eli in some areas, Brees in others. The point I was trying to get at was that Eli, while having an outstanding regular season, did not have the best one.

I wouldn't expect NYG fans and coaches to look for a change at QB. If they were, like I said, 28 other teams would be offering multiple day 1 picks for him. He's an elite QB. They'd be crazy to look in another direction at QB right now. But just because he's what works best for the Giants doesn't mean he's top dog in the entire NFL. This weekends losses not withstanding - again, the votes were cast weeks ago - the only real argument for MVP is between Brees and Rodgers. I think that's a given in most parts of the country.

[quote user="Gunakor"][quote user="DragonSoul"]But you also cannot make an argument for one guy like rodgers, then bring in brees to make an argument for another spot.[/quote]

Why not? I could make an argument for Mark Sanchez if I thought there was a credible argument to make for him (there isn't, of course). The MVP award is competed for by all who are eligible, not just Eli vs Rodgers. Rodgers beats Eli in some areas, Brees in others. The point I was trying to get at was that Eli, while having an outstanding regular season, did not have the best one.

I wouldn't expect NYG fans and coaches to look for a change at QB. If they were, like I said, 28 other teams would be offering multiple day 1 picks for him. He's an elite QB. They'd be crazy to look in another direction at QB right now. But just because he's what works best for the Giants doesn't mean he's top dog in the entire NFL. This weekends losses not withstanding - again, the votes were cast weeks ago - the only real argument for MVP is between Brees and Rodgers. I think that's a given in most parts of the country.[/quote]It is a given right or wrong. Problem is as I say, Perception becomes reality.

You can make an argument for the top 5 qbs this year.

Eli
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Brady
    Stafford

Yet most just go with what many others hold as truth.

If Rodgers, or Brees win, I won't be devastated they have a legit right for that, yet I feel (if you want to believe its based on my fandom, then so be it) that Eli should have had a serious consideration.

Example:
    Brees - Got Marinos passing yards

Rodgers - Best QB rating (which i feel is the biggest BS stat) and completion percentage, and most important of it all is the TDS to INTS ratio. I feel he should win over Brees if those were the only two options.

Eli - As mentioned his 15 fourth quarter tds. As Rodgers TD to INT ratio is big, I feel this stat is bigger then Brees Yards (especially this new arial NFL), but I could be wrong.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Eli - As mentioned his 15 fourth quarter tds. As Rodgers TD to INT ratio is big, I feel this stat is bigger then Brees Yards (especially this new arial NFL), but I could be wrong.[/quote]

I realize Eli has little control over this himself, but if those 4th quarter TD's translated into more than 9 wins on the season I think he would have had stronger consideration. Less stock is put into a stat like this one when your team only wins 9 games. Not that's necessarily fair or right, but, it is what it is.

[quote user="Gunakor"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Eli - As mentioned his 15 fourth quarter tds. As Rodgers TD to INT ratio is big, I feel this stat is bigger then Brees Yards (especially this new arial NFL), but I could be wrong.[/quote]

I realize Eli has little control over this himself, but if those 4th quarter TD's translated into more than 9 wins on the season I think he would have had stronger consideration. Less stock is put into a stat like this one when your team only wins 9 games. Not that's necessarily fair or right, but, it is what it is.[/quote]Without him, we could have been with possibly 0 wins. That was the point. Based on all mentioned previously.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Banned

I think Eli is content to still have a shot at the MVP award that really means something. I wonder how Brees or Rodgers would answer if you asked them if they'd be willing to trade their shot at regular season MVP to be in Eli's position.