+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't Need a NYG/NE Rematch

Been there, done that, and the beating they put on them this season was enough for me...

Re: Don't Need a NYG/NE Rematch

[quote user="NJGenerals"]Been there, done that, and the beating they put on them this season was enough for me...[/quote] pats will be in the super bowl, count on that.....so unless you don't want us to go to the super bowl, then I suggest embracing a pats vs gMen super bowl now

First off I just want the Giants to beat the 9ers but....If the Giants do make the Bowl then I don't want to see the Pats either. I'd rather the Ravens. For one reason the revenge factor...and two...If the Giants do face the Pats and lose the game, people will just make big spews about how the Giants win back in 07 was just a fluke.

I don't know if I could deal with that loss and all the trolling threads I know Giants fans will have to endure after New England gets the last laugh.

Of course the Giants could win that game also but like already mentioned...Been there done that....Much rather get the revenge back from Baltimore.

All assuming what happens with SF....

Not much to gain in facing the Pats a 2nd time, other than rubbing it in and underscoring what has already been done. It would be nice to say we beat one of the best QB/coaches ever twice in the big game, but if they lose it does taint 2007 in the eyes of history.

Little to gain, much to lose.

Much, much rather rub Ray Lewis' nose in it like they did in 2008 and see him on the business end of the stick they gave us in 2000. Let him end his career in a failure.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Would be nice to get the Ravens to get even for 2000.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Let's continue the revenge tour.49ers,then Ravens.We took care of the Ryans, now it's the Harboughs turn.

Like the sound of a revenge tour. I said it back on Dec 4th. I knew we would meet and defeat the Pack again. I prefer to face the Ravens if we move on next week.

Even though, every time NE and NYG meet up, it's an exhilarating game. I revenge on the Ravens more than I want to embarass Brady for the 3rd time in a row.

[quote user="titwio"]First off I just want the Giants to beat the 9ers but....If the Giants do make the Bowl then I don't want to see the Pats either. I'd rather the Ravens. For one reason the revenge factor...and two...If the Giants do face the Pats and lose the game, people will just make big spews about how the Giants win back in 07 was just a fluke.

I don't know if I could deal with that loss and all the trolling threads I know Giants fans will have to endure after New England gets the last laugh.

Of course the Giants could win that game also but like already mentioned...Been there done that....Much rather get the revenge back from Baltimore.[/quote]

Agreed
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him.

***OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried***

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]All assuming what happens with SF....

Not much to gain in facing the Pats a 2nd time, other than rubbing it in and underscoring what has already been done. It would be nice to say we beat one of the best QB/coaches ever twice in the big game, but if they lose it does taint 2007 in the eyes of history.

Little to gain, much to lose.

Much, much rather rub Ray Lewis' nose in it like they did in 2008 and see him on the business end of the stick they gave us in 2000. Let him end his career in a failure.
    [/quote]

How on earth could a loss to the Pats in 2012 taint one of the best SB victories of all time from 4 years ago?

I wouldn't count on The Pats back in the Superbowl.

Prince Brady looked great because the Brocos didnt get near him. As usual he got to stand around and throw. Ravens will pressure him and he's a much different player when he's being pressured.

Either way we have the Pat number. It doesn't really matter who comes out of the AFC.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.