+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why the 49er's worry me?

Their defense. Plain and simple. They are playing lights out and we haven't beaten a team this year that is playing their level of defense. We beat two great offenses (Pats and Packers) but not a great defensive team. It's a whole new bowl of wax. We need our defense to get some turnovers and play even better than theirs. I also think they have an advantage on special teams which can mean a lot in the playoffs. We have to have a quick start and put up some points and break their spirits early.

Re: Why the 49er's worry me?

yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb

Bench Player

[quote user="meanseen"]yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb[/quote]

The 49ers offense is surprising. Statistically they don't get a ton of yards. Keep in mind they get a LOT of great field position and short fields because of special teams and turnovers. The 49ers and Saints game will be re-aired on NFL network on Tuesday in its entirety as an NFL instant classic. If you watch, you will see that Drew Brees was not the only one making "Oh wow" throws.

This game will be interesting. Your defense has improved heaps, but so has our offense. Both teams seem to be on a mission. I'm really excited for it, and very happy that we took out the Saints, and you took out the Packers. I was getting real tired of hearing about them non-stop.

[quote user="meanseen"]yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb[/quote]

Alex Smith can run for a first down. He has pretty good legs. We need to hit him early and hard and get in his head.

[quote user="RagingBlue"][quote user="meanseen"]yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb[/quote]

Alex Smith can run for a first down. He has pretty good legs. We need to hit him early and hard and get in his head.[/quote]getting into smith's head shouldnt be a problem as I still do not think he is a super bowl caliber qb. the problem will be stopping gore and covering davis with our slow/very average linebackers

Bench Player

[quote user="meanseen"][quote user="RagingBlue"][quote user="meanseen"]yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb[/quote]

Alex Smith can run for a first down. He has pretty good legs. We need to hit him early and hard and get in his head.[/quote]getting into smith's head shouldnt be a problem as I still do not think he is a super bowl caliber qb. the problem will be stopping gore and covering davis with our slow/very average linebackers[/quote]

To be fair, EVERY team has said that. Alex has not once been rattled all season. Even that onslaught from the Ravens on Thanksgiving didn't shake him up. He kept on fighting... and kept getting shoved down, but he didn't quit. He could have left when he was getting booed out of town but he didnt because he felt he had something to prove. So ask yourself, does that sound like a guy who will let some pressure get in his head? It's all he's ever known.

Not to say pressure and sacks are useless, they aren't. But he wont be forced into mistakes just because of early miscues.

We didn't get that much pressure last time. JPP was shut down.

[quote user="FearPW52"][quote user="meanseen"][quote user="RagingBlue"][quote user="meanseen"]yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb[/quote]

Alex Smith can run for a first down. He has pretty good legs. We need to hit him early and hard and get in his head.[/quote]getting into smith's head shouldnt be a problem as I still do not think he is a super bowl caliber qb. the problem will be stopping gore and covering davis with our slow/very average linebackers[/quote]

To be fair, EVERY team has said that.* Alex has not once been rattled all season.* Even that onslaught from the Ravens on Thanksgiving didn't shake him up.* He kept on fighting... and kept getting shoved down, but he didn't quit.* He could have left when he was getting booed out of town but he didnt because he felt he had something to prove.* So ask yourself, does that sound like a guy who will let some pressure get in his head?* It's all he's ever known.

Not to say pressure and sacks are useless, they aren't.* But he wont be forced into mistakes just because of early miscues.
    [/quote]that is true he is very tough mentally; you have to be to play in this league. Im expecting under 50 total points scored on both sides with hard hitting football. if u can get your team to the nfccg you definitley have skill. Im just much more worried about davis and gore than I am about smith shredding our defense apart

Bench Player

Alex won't "shred" teams because the 49ers just aren't built like that. They attack a weakness and score points. 36 points scored with under 300 yards passing tells you how they play. They are efficient. Alex simply makes team pay when they show him no respect. To beat the Niners you have to be ready for everything, and cannot just focus on one aspect of their offense.

JUSTIN SMITH.