+ Reply to Thread

Looks like 49er's fans are pretty confident

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...d.php?t=126905

I was reading the Packers message boards a couple days ago and they were worried. They said we are playing like they did when they went on their Superbowl run last year. Looks like 49er's are not.

Re: Looks like 49er's fans are pretty confident

They just beat the #1 offense in the NFL and in addition to having the best defense remaining, their offense has woken up and become clutch for them. They have plenty to be confident about but at the same time, so do we.

Bench Player

Of course we're going to go into the game thinking we're going to win. Do you go into your games thinking you're going to lose?

That said, it's our messageboard so expect a lot of homers.

steve mariucci said it really well on the NFL network:

the giants team that the 49ers beat won't be the same team they're facing for the NFC Championship.

But the quarterback that beat the Giants isn't the same quarterback that they'll be facing next week either.

i liked our chances better against GB after seeing what Alex Smith can do now that he's matured some.

Fact is, we match up better against the Pack than we do against the 49ers (and certainly the Saints, so I'm glad they're gone).

SF is not scary but they have no weaknesses that you can exploit. They don't make mistakes - they wait for you to make mistakes.

This is anybody's game. It's all about who plays better that day.