+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 49ers fan here.

49ers fan here.

Hey whats up. Just wanted to stop by seeing as we have the NFC Championship coming up. First off, congratulations on two impressive victories against the Falcons and Packers. You guys really handled your business with guile and determination. While I'm not a Giants fan obviously, I've always respected your organization. The Giants in my opinion are usually competitive in the playoffs and play big in big games. They used to give the 49ers the most problems out of any other team during our glory years. I'm sure you guys want revenge for 2002, as we all still want revenge for 1990.

That being said, it will be an interesting rematch here at Candlestick. I live in the city here and it's been quite a spectacle this entire season and I didn't think this team would get this far, as did anyone else I'm sure. It's nice to know that these two teams are playing for the gold instead of the two teams everyone thought, namely the Packers and Saints. Those teams can take their MVP awards and go home.

What are you guys expecting out of this game? I know last time you guys didn't have Tuck and Bradshaw. Manning looked like he was off to the best game of his career and we couldn't get pressure on him for the majority of the game. Your line protected him well. I know your defense was injured early on in the year and has struggled down the stretch until these last three games for you. What changed? I remember other Giants fans calling for Perry Fewell's head.

For my team I expected some good things and bad things. We are God-awful on third downs offensively, which bothers me. Our receivers love to drop the ball too. The running game isn't what it was in the beginning of the season. Our defense is pretty good, the front seven at least and our special teams are outstanding. We get turnovers like we have the majority of the season, but last time we only had two and you guys had one. The game was pretty close. Frank Gore was shut down last time too, but Alex Smith had a decent game.

All in all I just hope my 49ers play with heart and soul. It would be nice to see guys like Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Andy Lee, and Alex Smith at least get to the big show. We'll see how it turns out.

The week should be an interesting one. Enjoy it. By the way, this is kind of random, but I just want to say I really enjoy Bob Papa's work, your play by play radio announcer. I like what NFL radio broadcasters do, and he's one of my favorites.

Re: 49ers fan here.

[quote user="Black59Razor"]Hey whats up. Just wanted to stop by seeing as we have the NFC Championship coming up. First off, congratulations on two impressive victories against the Falcons and Packers. You guys really handled your business with guile and determination. While I'm not a Giants fan obviously, I've always respected your organization. The Giants in my opinion are usually competitive in the playoffs and play big in big games. They used to give the 49ers the most problems out of any other team during our glory years. I'm sure you guys want revenge for 2002, as we all still want revenge for 1990.

That being said, it will be an interesting rematch here at Candlestick. I live in the city here and it's been quite a spectacle this entire season and I didn't think this team would get this far, as did anyone else I'm sure. It's nice to know that these two teams are playing for the gold instead of the two teams everyone thought, namely the Packers and Saints. Those teams can take their MVP awards and go home.

What are you guys expecting out of this game? I know last time you guys didn't have Tuck and Bradshaw. Manning looked like he was off to the best game of his career and we couldn't get pressure on him for the majority of the game. Your line protected him well. I know your defense was injured early on in the year and has struggled down the stretch until these last three games for you. What changed? I remember other Giants fans calling for Perry Fewell's head.

For my team I expected some good things and bad things. We are God-awful on third downs offensively, which bothers me. Our receivers love to drop the ball too. The running game isn't what it was in the beginning of the season. Our defense is pretty good, the front seven at least and our special teams are outstanding. We get turnovers like we have the majority of the season, but last time we only had two and you guys had one. The game was pretty close. Frank Gore was shut down last time too, but Alex Smith had a decent game.

All in all I just hope my 49ers play with heart and soul. It would be nice to see guys like Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Andy Lee, and Alex Smith at least get to the big show. We'll see how it turns out.

The week should be an interesting one. Enjoy it. By the way, this is kind of random, but I just want to say I really enjoy Bob Papa's work, your play by play radio announcer. I like what NFL radio broadcasters do, and he's one of my favorites.

[/quote]we all see teams the way we want to: I believe the niners defense is far and away the best out there...a defense from yesteryear it seems! Our pass-rush is alot better and our run defense is improving. Our secondary is suspect at time but more because the LBs cant hold their own in pass coverage, which is very frustrating! However, offensively, we are becoming more balanced at the right time of year. Our passing game is looking fantastic, no matter how clumsy our OC's calls can be at times...Our run game still needs to find consistancy, especially for this coming game.
    The Niners ground game has been struggling but our defense won't be sleeping on Gore!

I think it is going to come down to a slugfest like the regular season game did with scoring in the mid-20's for both teams. It will be a worthy game to watch!

I think we have the Edge but will come down to who has the most heart! Can't wait!!!

What changed for the Giants:

- Many injured players returning and/or returning to top form (Tuck, Bradshaw, Boley -- and Boley is very important).
    - Chase Blackburn was a big signing (he was on the team for years as a special teamer and got cut this year, they picked him up and he's been a big spark plug).
    - Essentially every game since the Jets has been a playoff game
    - Everybody bought in, finally (guys who were flapping their mouths like Antrel Rolle are suddenly cheerleaders for the coaches)
    - Momentum.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Oh, and I never want to play the Saints ever again. Defending guys like Jimmy Graham and Sproles is very annoying.

[quote user="Black59Razor"]Oh, and I never want to play the Saints ever again. Defending guys like Jimmy Graham and Sproles is very annoying.
    [/quote]No one likes playing the Saints, ever. Just hope you don't have to play them in their dome next year.

We're already set to play them in the dome next season. Death trap.

[quote user="Black59Razor"]Oh, and I never want to play the Saints ever again. Defending guys like Jimmy Graham and Sproles is very annoying.
    [/quote]

Dude that was the best game I've seen in a looooooooooooooooong time.

Amazing win for you guys.

Can't wait for next week!

P.S. - I don't want to get revenge on the 49ers for 2002 ... I want revenge on that idiot ref for 2002 (a recurring theme this year too I might add).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Black59Razor"]Oh, and I never want to play the Saints ever again. Defending guys like Jimmy Graham and Sproles is very annoying.
    [/quote]

Dude that was the best game I've seen in a looooooooooooooooong time.

Amazing win for you guys.

Can't wait for next week!

P.S. - I don't want to get revenge on the 49ers for 2002 ... I want revenge on that idiot ref for 2002 (a recurring theme this year too I might add).[/quote]

I think it was Ron Winter who did that call. I usually think he's a good official, but he blew it that day. The 49ers got away with a bad call.

I'm going to watch the game you guys played yesterday again. I torrented it so it should be finished. That was good in itself. The Packers looked like they were on vacation. Strange.

I gotta say that if we lose to you, the 49ers are going to be the team I'm rooting for to win the SB. I respect the style of football you guys are playing and not to mention, Harbaugh is one hell of a coach. I always had a feeling that the 49ers had the talent but something was wrong. Seems we all know what it was now.