+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Well, in what has become a Fun traditon on these boards, i decided to start this yrs SLEEPER thread for the 2011 NFL DRAFT... It was a awesome thread last yr, and its meant for mid to later rd guys who people think are gonna make it in the pro's and help our club or a club... Dosen't have to be Super Star, just a guy or guys who will make it and help and become known on the next level...

A guy i'm liking right now for a 6th-7th and maybe 5th if he does good at the Shrine Game and in Pre Draft workouts is DT TERRELL McCLAIN of S.FLORIDA... Hes got very good size and showed enough production to warrent middish to late rd consideration in hopes of finding a gem..McClain offers a nice mix of Run Stopping and at causing havoc in his penetration.. Coach Holtz said Measurable wise, McClain may be the best prospect they have to offer in this yrs draft.. Watch for him to make some noise in moving up some on the way toward the draft... Think 4th-6th rd with a ceiling of 3rd rd if everything in the world works out

Another player i like for the later rounds is Notre Dame CB Darrin Walls.. I've watched him his whole career as a diehard ND fan, and hes got SUNDAY potential.. Not afraid to mix it up in run support with his solid CB SIZE(6ft 190lb), and plays the ball very well in the air... Very expierenced, and easily the best Player in Notre Dames Secondary... Very solid ST player at ND.. Can play man as well as most CB's in college ball, and has nice speed and agility... A Solid all around player.. Think 4th-6th rd

One more Sleeper for now that i'll mention is Louisville TE Cameron Graham... Hes become one of my fave TE prospects out there, with his length and hands... Had 10games of at least 3catches and can block pretty solidly.. OC mike sanford has said, hes a good blend of on the line blocking TE and recevier, and also mentions, hes not the biggest TE, but he works his but off... Graham was highly recruited jr college player, getting scholarship offers from LSU and Arizona st, but chose Louisville due to playing more quickly... A definete player to keep a eye on going forward... Think 5th-7th with ceiling of late 4th...

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

Nate Irving MLB NC state- His nick name is the "Predator", gotta love it. Irving recovered from a near death car crash in 2009 (broken ribs, leg and puncured lung) to have a monster 2010 in which he was voted All-American by SI and Scout.com.

The guys also noted for his commitment to the game and ability to be a player coach....In other words he's the Ray Lewis type leader our defense has been waiting for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgKKqUcWhU

[quote user="juice33s"]Nate Irving MLB NC state- His nick name is the "Predator", gotta love it. Irving recovered from a near death car crash in 2009 (broken ribs, leg and puncured lung) to have a monster 2010 in which he was voted All-American by SI and Scout.com.

The guys also noted for his commitment to the game and ability to be a player coach....In other words he's the Ray Lewis type leader our defense has been waiting for.

[/quote]

I was going to say Nate Irving & Mario Harvey....

Harvey has been a beast this year at MLB for Marshall.....144 tackles...9 Sacks...7 PD's...

[quote user="myles2424"]

[quote user="juice33s"]Nate Irving MLB NC state- His nick name is the "Predator", gotta love it. Irving recovered from a near death car crash in 2009 (broken ribs, leg and puncured lung) to have a monster 2010 in which he was voted All-American by SI and Scout.com.

[/quote]

I was going to say Nate Irving & Mario Harvey....

Harvey has been a beast this year at MLB for Marshall.....144 tackles...9 Sacks...7 PD's...

[/quote]
    I think both guys could make or break their draft stock at the combine...irving needs to show he's fully regained his athleticism from the crash and Harvey needs to show he has enough speed to be an every down player.

Veteran

Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.

Was going to say mario harvey as well. A little underrated. Haven't seen a lot of him this year tho but he's a machine (and a little short, heavy, and not good in coverage) but a terrific run stuffer

For now I'd go with LB Casey Matthews. He's the middle LB for the oregon ducks, but nobody likes to talk about him. This guy has tremendous instincts, he's very good at shooting gaps, and takes on and shedsblocks extremely well. Unlike some of the LBs in this class, Matthews meets RBs straight on for the tackle and drives them back instead of dragging them down and giving HBs 3-5 extra yards of forward progress. Oregon's head coach Chip kelly called him the most instinctual player he has coached. Matthews also has NFL bloodlines too as he's the brother of clay matthews. He's not an elite athlete but he's pretty good in coverage. He's not a great pass rusher but he just has a knack of getting to the QB, he is always unblocked... matthews is great at reading blocks and finding a lane to rush the passer. I love this kid and is one of my biggest sleepers (As far as LBs go) in this draft class. Right now he has 5th round value and will be an absolute steal for whatever team drafts him. Hopefully its the giants. I think he's going to have a big game this monday against auburn

[quote user="par404"]Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.
    [/quote]

Good later round pick is right. IMO the guy is a tremendous leader and motivator but he doesn't have a lot of potential other than that

final sleepers

QB)Ryan Colburn Frsno ST
    T.J. Yates UNC
    Tyrod Taylor VT

RB) Baron Batch TT
    Derrick Locke Kentucky
    Brandon Saine OSU
    Allen Bradford USC
    Da'Rel Scott Maryland
    Graig Cooper U
    Roy Helu JR Neb(lot of RB's i like i know lol)

WR) Matt Szczur (if he pursues football)
    Joe Morgan Walsh
    Ricardo Lockette Fort Valley State
    Jeff Maehl Oregon
    Dane Sanzenbacher OSU
    Vincent Brown SDST

TE) Schuylar Oordt N.Iowa
    Stephen Skelton Fordham

OT) Joseph Barksdale LSU
    Marcus Gilbert Florida
    Christian Hairston Clem
    William Rackley Lehigh

OG) Steve Schilling Mich
    Justin Boren OSU

C) Zane Taylor Utah (41 reps at pro day, giddy-up)
    ryan bartholomew Syr
    Tim Barnes Mizzo
    Stefen wisneiwski PSU (only reason why im putting him is cause i heard he has been falling)

DE) Sam Acho Texas
    Pernell Mcphee Miss St. (if he goes 3-4 and adds weight i think he ideal there)
    Ricky Elmore Ari.
    Mario Addison Troy

DT) Chris Neild WVU
    Ollie Ogbu PSU

OLB) Eric Gordon Mich ST
    Jerimiah Hunter Iowa
    Kenny Rowe Ore.
    D.J. Smith Appalachian ST
    Brian Rolle OSU

ILB) Alex Wujciak Maryland

CB) Demarcus Van *** U
    Byron Maxwell Clem
    Ryan Jones NW Missouri ST
    Buster Skrine
    Kendric Burney UNC

S) Dom Diccico Pitt
    Brian Lainhardt Kent
    Andrew Rich BYU
    Tejay Johnson TCU
    Mark Legree Ap ST

That this years crop

[quote user="Neverend"]

Was going to say mario harvey as well. A little underrated. Haven't seen a lot of him this year tho but he's a machine (and a little short, heavy, and not good in coverage) but a terrific run stuffer

For now I'd go with LB Casey Matthews. He's the middle LB for the oregon ducks, but nobody likes to talk about him. This guy has tremendous instincts, he's very good at shooting gaps, and takes on and shedsblocks extremely well. Unlike some of the LBs in this class, Matthews meets RBs straight on for the tackle and drives them back instead of dragging them down and giving HBs 3-5 extra yards of forward progress. Oregon's head coach Chip kelly called him the most instinctual player he has coached. Matthews also has NFL bloodlines too as he's the brother of clay matthews. He's not an elite athlete but he's pretty good in coverage. He's not a great pass rusher but he just has a knack of getting to the QB, he is always unblocked... matthews is great at reading blocks and finding a lane to rush the passer. I love this kid and is one of my biggest sleepers (As far as LBs go) in this draft class. Right now he has 5th round value and will be an absolute steal for whatever team drafts him. Hopefully its the giants. I think he's going to have a big game this monday against auburn

[/quote]

I think Mathews is slowly gaining more & more hype...If he has a good game in the National Championship & good combine he could end up in the 3rd round..

Anthony Walters-Delaware FS