+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

starting early arent we NYC? :P

guy i really like(for us) is Derrick locke outta kentucky. small speedy and good receiver outta the backfeild. havent seen too many Kentucky games but the couple i have (including the one right now) he has looked promising.

another guy ive been mentioning for awhile vai taua from nevada. guy is great after first contact and while im sure some of his production is attributed to the pistol offense he is still a VERY tough runner. his teamate kaepernick(sp?) is another guy who is interesting to me.

Tyrod taylor is another "project QB" i like. Love his athleticism and even though he has wheels he always keeps his eyes DOWNFEILD, which is rare in a scrambler that young.

Te fleener from stanford is someone i will be keeping an eye out for. Havent seen him on any mock draft boards but after his bowl performance im hoping he is not done with football.

OT barksdale

OG Moffitt

C Barnes

OLB jerimiah hunter and dontay moch (if he goes to a 3-4)

I see maybe a couple college games a year so I don't know too many of the players other than the 1st few rounds. I noticed that the RB John Clay is a pretty big back from Wisconsin. Is he any good?

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I see maybe a couple college games a year so I don't know too many of the players other than the 1st few rounds. I noticed that the RB John Clay is a pretty big back from Wisconsin. Is he any good?[/quote]VERY good but i dont think he is expected to declare

[quote user="thegreatone"]starting early arent we NYC? :P

guy i really like(for us) is Derrick locke outta kentucky. small speedy and good receiver outta the backfeild. havent seen too many Kentucky games but the couple i have (including the one right now) he has looked promising.
    [/quote]

i really like derrick locke. this guy is blazing fast, gotta love undersized backs. unfortunately not a great between the tackles runner but you gotta love how plays aggressive there even though he's not good at it. he is also good running routes, wouldnt be bad as a pass catching back. I think he can even be a punt returner

[quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="par404"]Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.
    [/quote]

Good later round pick is right. IMO the guy is a tremendous leader and motivator but he doesn't have a lot of potential other than that

[/quote]
    Not alot of potential? The guy had 20.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks last season from the MLB position and he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="par404"]Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.
    [/quote]

Good later round pick is right. IMO the guy is a tremendous leader and motivator but he doesn't have a lot of potential other than that

[/quote]
    Not alot of potential? The guy had 20.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks last season from the MLB position and he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]

Those are some impressive stats, but when you watch him play he's more of a WLB. He's pretty good in coverage, very fast, extremely good at shooting gaps because of his speed (which is how he gets his TFL's), plays sideline to sideline,etc. reminds me of michael boley actually. but idk, heisnt that great at taking on blocks. his technique isnt very good, he plays very high sometimes and his hand technique isnt very good. tho ill admit, ive only seen maybe 2-3 n.carolina games this year including the bowl game where I've paid attention to him the most. He's a terrific leader but sturdivant still has to be the best LB in this draft dude

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Those are some impressive stats, but when you watch him play he's more of a WLB. He's pretty good in coverage, very fast, extremely good at shooting gaps because of his speed (which is how he gets his TFL's), plays sideline to sideline,etc. reminds me of michael boley actually. but idk, heisnt that great at taking on blocks. his technique isnt very good, he plays very high sometimes and his hand technique isnt very good. tho ill admit, ive only seen maybe 2-3 n.carolina games this year including the bowl game where I've paid attention to him the most. He's a terrific leader but sturdivant still has to be the best LB in this draft dude

[/quote]
    Then I suggest you watch him a little more closely, the dudes a freakin beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUk4VHIwGY 2 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMO_d...eature=related last season

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Then I suggest you watch him a little more closely, the dudes a freakin beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUk4VHIwGY 2 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMO_d...eature=related last season
    [/quote]

Gotta admit, this kidlooks good. My opinion still stands however. He reminds me EXACTLY of jamar chaney coming out lol. This guy is great, shows good instincts in coverage with that pick 6 read the QB beautifully and broke on the ball at blazing speed. Great speed, good athlete. Can slip through blocks and avoid them well. His problems are taking on/shedding blocks, he's not good at it. That's a necessity for an ILB. He would be at his best in the NFL at WLB. He also plays to high and in the nfl olineman are gonna cut block him all day very easily.

[quote user="juice33s"]he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]

He's going to go in the 3rd or 4th round.

[quote user="juice33s"]Nate Irving MLB NC state- His nick name is the "Predator", gotta love it. Irving recovered from a near death car crash in 2009 (broken ribs, leg and puncured lung) to have a monster 2010 in which he was voted All-American by SI and Scout.com.

The guys also noted for his commitment to the game and ability to be a player coach....In other words he's the Ray Lewis type leader our defense has been waiting for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgKKqUcWhU

[/quote]

Juice, awesome selection....will be watching this lad....

+ Reply to Thread