+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]

He's going to go in the 3rd or 4th round.[/quote]
    If he has a good combine he'll go in the second and challenge Sturdivant for top overall MLB....Personally I think he's already above him

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]

He's going to go in the 3rd or 4th round.[/quote]MAYBE early third but i bet you anything after more tape watching,combine, workouts he is a 2nd easily. no way he makes it to 4th.

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]

If he has a good combine he'll go in the second and challenge Sturdivant for top overall MLB....Personally I think he's already above him
    [/quote]

He's in the same ballpark as Kelvin Sheppard. No better

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

He's in the same ballpark as Kelvin Sheppard. No better[/quote]
    I don't see how you can say that considering Irvings the better athlete and has had better production (same can be said in comparison to Sturdivant).......To me Sheppards too lanky with a weak lower body and he would have trouble disengaging from NFL blockers

[quote user="juice33s"]>I don't see how you can say that considering Irvings the better athlete and has had better production (same can be said in comparison to Sturdivant).......To me Sheppards too lanky with a weak lower body and he would have trouble disengaging from NFL blockers
    [/quote]

I dont think hes significantly better athlete than Sheppard is, and the production thing doesnt matter all that much.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="par404"]Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.
    [/quote]i wouldnt really consider him a sleeper. too good. guy is a beast and if we dont get quan or bruce he is another one im targeting. as you can tell im a carolinian as well:P
    [/quote] i'm with you, nate irving is a 3rd rd pick at the latest.. This threads for guys going more likely later then that.. Irving is a beast...

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote] He's going to go in the 3rd or 4th round.[/quote]
    [/quote] He's in the same ballpark as Kelvin Sheppard. No better[/quote]
    I don't see how you can say that considering Irvings the better athlete and has had better production (same can be said in comparison to Sturdivant).......To me Sheppards too lanky with a weak lower body and he would have trouble disengaging from NFL blockers
    [/quote]

I can't really start an argument this year since I admittedlly haven't watched much of nate irving but you're underestiminating sturdivant here. hes not a great athlete but the kid is a great player. has solid instincts andhas pretty good speed (i think he'll run a 4.5 in the draft) and can run sideline to sideline too. irving doesnt do anything that much better thanhim and sturdivant is much better against the run

[quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]

I can't really start an argument this year since I admittedlly haven't watched much of nate irving but you're underestiminating sturdivant here. hes not a great athlete but the kid is a great player. has solid instincts andhas pretty good speed (i think he'll run a 4.5 in the draft) and can run sideline to sideline too. irving doesnt do anything that much better thanhim and sturdivant is much better against the run

[/quote]
    eh they are about even imo but edge goes to quan who is much smoother in pass defense(although nate is no slouch). tell you what, whoever gets either has significantly upgraded their interior lb'r corps

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    eh they are about even imo but edge goes to quan who is much smoother in pass defense(although nate is no slouch). tell you what, whoever gets either has significantly upgraded their interior lb'r corps
    [/quote]
    I'm actually very impressed with Irving in pass defense. He has the instincts and acceleration to jump routes and he has proven to be athletic enough to stick with guys down the middle of the field.....I fully expect Irving to outperform Sturdivant at the combine and when he does it I think its going to be very hard for people to justify Sturdivant over Irving

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    I'm actually very impressed with Irving in pass defense. He has the instincts and acceleration to jump routes and he has proven to be athletic enough to stick with guys down the middle of the field.....I fully expect Irving to outperform Sturdivant at the combine and when he does it I think its going to be very hard for people to justify Sturdivant over Irving
    [/quote]which is why i said he is no slouch himself. idk you could be right but right now quan is my favorite with irving a very very close 2nd.

+ Reply to Thread