+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

Anybody have good sleepers in this TE class? Jimmy graham was pretty much everyone's sleeper at TE last year (by fans and analysts alike)

If boss walks I would like the giants to getan extremely athletic TE that's 260 pounds but runs like a WR. I don't like beckum, he'stoo undersized to ever draw LBs in coverage.

[/quote]
    How bout Wesley Saunders from South Carolina. He's 6'5" 268 and has talent but will likely drop in the draft due to being suspended from his team for undisclosed reasons...might be worth a late round flier

Here's a scouting report on him from scouts inc (1- Exceptional, 5-marginal)

Separation Skills 2 Good overall fluidity for size. Shows adequate initial pop off the line of scrimmage. Although lacking suddenness and burst with cuts, gets in and out of stem smoothly and can separate against man coverage. Effective working against zone-coverage and has a natural feel for soft spots. However, needs to do a better job of avoiding traffic when running shallow or intermediate crossing routes.
    Ball Skills 1 Possesses strong and natural hands. Rarely allows ball to get into body. Shows a flexible torso and can open up to make catch outside of frame. Also shows ability to fully extend arms and make catch in stride. Will secure ball in traffic.
    Big Play Ability 2 Possesses a loose gait giving him ability to stretch defenses vertically. Can exploit the vertical seams. An effective runner after the catch. Displays the athleticism and balance to make defenders miss in the open field. Lacks elite burst and won't outrun pursuit very often.
    Competitiveness/ Toughness 3 Willing to do the dirty work down the middle of the field. Shows the toughness and focus to bring in catch while absorbing contact. Also fights hard for extra yards with the ball in his hand. On the other hand lacks aggression as a blocker. Needs to put in more effort to sustain blocks.

[/quote]

Rumors are Spurrier kicked him off the team because of the NCAA investigation. Saunders was with Marvin Austin kicking it in South Beach with agents

LOL Marvin Austin, NC what could of been this year. Im looking forward to seeing Austin play in the Shrine Bowl

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

Anybody have good sleepers in this TE class? Jimmy graham was pretty much everyone's sleeper at TE last year (by fans and analysts alike)

If boss walks I would like the giants to getan extremely athletic TE that's 260 pounds but runs like a WR. I don't like beckum, he'stoo undersized to ever draw LBs in coverage.

[/quote]
    How bout Wesley Saunders from South Carolina. He's 6'5" 268 and has talent but will likely drop in the draft due to being suspended from his team for undisclosed reasons...might be worth a late round flier

Separation Skills 2 Good overall fluidity for size. Shows adequate initial pop off the line of scrimmage. Although lacking suddenness and burst with cuts, gets in and out of stem smoothly and can separate against man coverage. Effective working against zone-coverage and has a natural feel for soft spots. However, needs to do a better job of avoiding traffic when running shallow or intermediate crossing routes.
    Ball Skills 1 Possesses strong and natural hands. Rarely allows ball to get into body. Shows a flexible torso and can open up to make catch outside of frame. Also shows ability to fully extend arms and make catch in stride. Will secure ball in traffic.
    Big Play Ability 2 Possesses a loose gait giving him ability to stretch defenses vertically. Can exploit the vertical seams. An effective runner after the catch. Displays the athleticism and balance to make defenders miss in the open field. Lacks elite burst and won't outrun pursuit very often.
    Competitiveness/ Toughness 3 Willing to do the dirty work down the middle of the field. Shows the toughness and focus to bring in catch while absorbing contact. Also fights hard for extra yards with the ball in his hand. On the other hand lacks aggression as a blocker. Needs to put in more effort to sustain blocks.

[/quote]

Rumors are Spurrier kicked him off the team because of the NCAA investigation. Saunders was with Marvin Austin kicking it in South Beach with agents

LOL Marvin Austin, NC what could of been this year. Im looking forward to seeing Austin play in the Shrine Bowl

[/quote]
    lol gotta love it, nice pic

That report on Wesley Saunders sounds pretty decent. Wish I can see some highlights on him but its nowhere on youtube, oh well

Everyone like to talk about martez wilson as a 1st round pick butnobody likes to talk about the DT he plays in front of which is Corey Liuget. Just saw that he declared I'm pretty shocked that he did. Walter football has him as a 1st round pick next year in their mock draft. This kid is going to be an absolute steal for someone in the 3rd round. I personally thought he had the best bowl game out of any DT that's going to be in this draft, nick fairley included. fairley played well but he was unblocked on most of his plays. Oregon purposely does that sometimesin their zone, option one-read offense. Some of his TFLs came when ducks' QB made a bad read, no disrespect to fairley.. Liuget looked great in illionois bowl game and I wouldn't be stunned if he turns out to be a surprise high 2nd round pick or even a late 1st

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]all those players should be banned from stepping foot on UNC grounds. They most definitely would have been top 20 and i was predicting top 10. not only that the damage they have done to future recruiting classes is unforgivable.

I just noticed that Dane Sanzenbacher WR from Ohio Stis a senior.

That is a guy Id love to have. I know we dont really need a WR but that guy is just amazing one of the biggest playmakers in this WR class and thats saying something he also seems to catch every ball thats thrown near him. I would love to have this guy as a giant.

[quote user="michaelkhan3"]

That is a guy Id love to have. I know we dont really need a WR but that guy is just amazing one of the biggest playmakers in this WR class and thats saying something he also seems to catch every ball thats thrown near him. I would love to have this guy as a giant.

[/quote]
    yeah i like him as well

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]

[/quote]
    yeah i like him as well
    [/quote]

He really just makes plays.I've seen Ohio St a good few times this tear and he is always making plays and its not like his QB is the most accurate guy in the world he just gets open and makes the hard catches when he has to. He dosent have great speed or great size.

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]

[/quote]
    yeah i like him as well
    [/quote]

He really just makes plays.I've seen Ohio St a good few times this tear and he is always making plays and its not like his QB is the most accurate guy in the world he just gets open and makes the hard catches when he has to. He dosent have great speed or great size.

[/quote]
    yeah wish he was a little bigger but agree with everything you said. kid just makes plays. is a super sleeper of mine.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]

I just noticed that Dane Sanzenbacher WR from Ohio St*is a senior.

That is a guy Id love to have. I know we dont really need a WR but that guy is just amazing one of the biggest playmakers in this WR class and thats saying something he also seems to catch every ball thats thrown near him. I would love to have this guy as a giant.*

[/quote]
    yeah i like him as well
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    yeah wish he was a little bigger but agree with everything you said. kid just makes plays. is a super sleeper of mine.
    [/quote]

I think he would be my favorite WR in this draft if we need to replace Steve Smith. But we do have plenty of depth at WR already

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]

[/quote]
    yeah i like him as well
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I think he would be my favorite WR in this draft if we need to replace Steve Smith. But we do have plenty of depth at WR already[/quote] yeah i havent even really looked at wr this season seeing how stacked we are.