+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

i wonder whats his vision like. granted you guys are going by youtube highlights and never seen him in actual game but if he has decent vision i can envision him as a returner. he has great speed and acceleration

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]Hb I am watching. Taiwan Jones.[/quote]
    Looks pretty sick....Outstanding agility, balance and acceleration, also has nice hands out of the backfield....plus his nickname is "Juice", so whats not to like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVJ82hmT8g
    [/quote]

He's a he'll of an open field runner. I bet he has a great combine.[/quote]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.

[quote user="thegreatone"][]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.
    [/quote]

Small school underclassman.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="thegreatone"][]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.
    [/quote]

Small school underclassman.[/quote]sstill. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="thegreatone"][]that 2nd to last run was SICK. how come i havent heard about him before? kids got some serious vison and moves. cant wait to see more.
    [/quote] Small school underclassman.[/quote]sstill. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.
    [/quote]

Same

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Well, in what has become a Fun traditon on these boards, i decided to start this yrs SLEEPER thread for the 2011 NFL DRAFT... It was a awesome thread last yr, and its meant for mid to later rd guys who people think are gonna make it in the pro's and help our club or a club... Dosen't have to be Super Star, just a guy or guys who will make it and help and become known on the next level...

A guy i'm liking right now for a 6th-7th and maybe 5th if he does good at the Shrine Game and in Pre Draft workouts is DT TERRELL McCLAIN of S.FLORIDA... Hes got very good size and showed enough production to warrent middish to late rd consideration in hopes of finding a gem..McClain offers a nice mix of Run Stopping and at causing havoc in his penetration.. Coach Holtz said Measurable wise, McClain may be the best prospect they have to offer in this yrs draft.. Watch for him to make some noise in moving up some on the way toward the draft... Think 4th-6th rd with a ceiling of 3rd rd if everything in the world works out

Another player i like for the later rounds is Notre Dame CB Darrin Walls.. I've watched him his whole career as a diehard ND fan, and hes got SUNDAY potential.. Not afraid to mix it up in run support with his solid CB SIZE(6ft 190lb), and plays the ball very well in the air... Very expierenced, and easily the best Player in Notre Dames Secondary... Very solid ST player at ND.. Can play man as well as most CB's in college ball, and has nice speed and agility... A Solid all around player.. Think 4th-6th rd

One more Sleeper for now that i'll mention is Louisville TE Cameron Graham... Hes become one of my fave TE prospects out there, with his length and hands... Had 10games of at least 3catches and can block pretty solidly.. OC mike sanford has said, hes a good blend of on the line blocking TE and recevier, and also mentions, hes not the biggest TE, but he works his but off... Graham was highly recruited jr college player, getting scholarship offers from LSU and Arizona st, but chose Louisville due to playing more quickly... A definete player to keep a eye on going forward... Think 5th-7th with ceiling of late 4th...

[/quote]

Hey nyc . . . knew you'd resurface around draft time.

How are things??

Who do you like in the first and second rounds this year for the Gmen? What do you think of Mason Foster?

[quote user="thegreatone"]still. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.
    [/quote]

Well most draft places focus on the big time players, first three rounds.

There was some confusion wether he even declared because he wasn't included on the nfls list of eligible underclassmen

Here is the rosters for the Texas Vs the Nation game

Nation:
    QB Enderle, Nathan Idaho
    QB Yates, TJ North Carolina-smart QB who could handle Giants system.Not a bad developmental option

QB Van Camp, Jeff - Florida Atlantic
    RB Spann, Chad Northern Illinois
    RB Berry, Damien Miami
    RB Draughn, Shaun - UNC
    FB Chapas, Shaun - Georgia
    FB/RB Payne, Keith Virginia
    WR Newsome, Jamar - Central Florida
    WR Holmes, Andre - Hillsdale
    WR Johnson-Koulianos, Derrell - Iowa
    WR Morgan, Joe - Walsh
    WR Durham, Kris Georgia
    WR Spencer, Owen North Carolina State
    TE Smith, Andre Virginia Tech
    TE Hardy, Daniel Idaho
    TE Oordt, Schuylar - Northern Iowa- A TE with very good measrements if there accurate. 6-6 246 with a sub 4.6 40 time. A very high YPC for a TE. Dont know a lot about him but interested seeing him play against better competition then what he is used to. Maybe an UDFA pick up

OT Young, DJ Michigan State
    OL Kilgore, Daniel - Appalachian State
    OL Smith, Willie East Carolina
    OL King, Jarriel - South Carolina
    OL Davis, Josh Georgia
    OL Porter, Curt - Jacksonville State
    OC/OG Thorson, Brad Kansas
    OG Johnson, Carl Florida
    OL Hendrickson, Pete - Tulane
    OL Taylor, Zane Utah
    DE Marshall, Craig - USF
    DE/DT Levingston, Lazarius LSU
    DE White, Markus - Florida State
    DE Nurse, Clay Illinois
    DT Kearse, Frank Alabama A & M
    DT Graves, John - Virginia Tech
    DT Ajiboye, Ladi - South Carolina
    DT Ellis, Kenrick - Hampton I
    LB Smith, DJ - Appalachian State
    ILB Harvey, Mario - Marshall
    OLB DE Addison, Mario Troy
    OLB Moten, Adrian - Maryland
    OLB Thomas, JT West Virginia
    OLB Hunter, Jeremiha Iowa
    OLB/DE Gee, Mike Indiana PA/Virginia Tech
    CB Maxwell, Byron Clemson
    CB Cuff, Vance Georgia
    CB Brinkley, Niles Wisconsin
    CB Torrence, Devon Ohio State-very good sized and measurable cornerfrom Ohio State.
    CB Gaitor, Anthony Florida International
    S Legree, Mark - Appalachian State
    S Rolle, Maurice University of Louisiana - Lafayette
    DB Walters, Anthony - Delaware
    DB Abdul-El Quddus, Isa Fordham
    P/K Bosher, Matt - Miami (FL)
    K Rogers, Jacob Cincinnati
    KR/WR/RB Saunders, Jock West Virginia
    LS Adams, Corey Kansas State

Texas:
    QB Potts, Taylor - Texas Tech
    QB Portis, Josh California PA/Maryland
    QB Colburn, Ryan Fresno State
    RB Asiata, Matt Utah
    RB Fannin, Mario-Auburn
    RB Finley, Jay Baylor
    FB/RB Hughes, Robert Notre Dame
    FB Bartlett, Justin - Carroll - MT.
    WR Burton, Stephen -West Texas A&M
    WR Lockett, Ricardo - Fort Valley State
    WR Adams, Kris - UTEP
    WR Moore, Denarius Tennessee
    WR Matthews, Chris - Kentucky
    WR Harris, Marcus Murray State
    WR/KR/PR Ross, Jeremy - California
    TE Housler, Robert Florida Atlantic University
    TE Graham, Cameron Louisville-Should get his in this game
    TE Skelton, Stephen - Fordham
    OT Newton, Derek - Arkansas State
    OG Stewart, Chris - Notre Dame
    OL Turner, Trevis-Abilene Christian
    OL Person, Mike-Montana State
    OG Thompson, Isaiah-Houston
    OL Hughes, Kevin-SE Louisiana
    OC Barnes, Tim-Missouri
    OL Dominguez, Ray Arkansas
    OC Kirkpatrick, Jake - TCU-in my opinion the best O-lineman in this game. he better prove it
    OL Bell, Byron- New Mexico
    DE Chinasa, Ugo - Oklahoma State
    DE Jones, Eddie Texas
    DE Anthony, Christian Gambling State
    DE/OLB Daniels, Wayne TCU
    DT Whitlock, Colby - Texas Tech
    DT Bryant, Corbin Northwestern
    DT Patterson, Lucas Texas A & M
    DT Lumpkin, Ricky Kentucky
    OLB Williams, Jabara - Stephen F. Austin
    OLB Davie, Quentin Northwestern
    OLB/ DE Lattimore, Jamari- Middle Tennessee State
    OLB Paysinger, Spencer - Oregon
    ILB Duncan, Brian Texas Tech
    ILB Baptiste, Tressor - Texas A&M Kingsville/Hofstra
    CB Jones, Ryan - Northwest Missouri State
    CB McGee, Andrew - Oklahoma State
    CB Rutland, Kevin Missouri
    CB Skrine, Buster - UT Chattanooga
    CB Hagan, Darian - California
    S Gomes, DeJon - Nebraska
    S Hagg, Eric Nebraska-Later round safety prospect with experience in a nickel tweener role. Plays Linebacker,Corner and safety for Nebraska at 6-2 210
    DB Gatlin, Josh - North Dakota State
    DB Sherman, Richard Stanford
    P Epperson, Derek - Baylor
    K Weber, Thomas - Arizona State
    KR/CB Rembert, Reggie - Air Force
    LS Flaherty, Harry Princeton

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="thegreatone"]still. you'ld think he woulda been mentioned. havent heard his name once.
    [/quote]

Well most draft places focus on the big time players, first three rounds.

There was some confusion wether he even declared because he wasn't included on the nfls list of eligible underclassmen[/quote]well ihope to hear and see more. is he in any all star games? or will we just see him at the combine, if he is even invited.

Not really a sleeper, but is it just me or is Justin Houston not getting nearly enough credit for being an elite edge rusher. Right now most people have him as a late 1st round prospect when in my mind he's the best edge rusher in the draft.

He has great size at 6'3" 260, great production (11 sacks 20 TFL) and his burst off the line off scrimmage is unmatched through out the rest of the draft. Also Houston is supposedly a work out warrior, so I expect come combine time for his stock to go through the roof.

Right now I'd put him over Von Miller, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan and as a pure pass rusher maybe even Daquan Bowers.

I'm predicting top 10 easy, maybe even top 5 for Justin Houston