+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]DeMarcus Van D-y-k-e the CB out of Miami is a guy to watch, especially at the combine. He's 6'1 170 pounds, has the frame to add bulk, but he may very well run under a 4.3 at the combine. He's not projected to be drafted until the 6th or 7th round, but he has significant upside based off his height/speed.[/quote] Yeah he can really run. 167 pounds i thought that was a misprint when I first saw that. That is incredibly skinny for 6-1. He may match up down theline with tiny over on the Eagles though[/quote]

Holy crap that's a skinny CB... Julio Jones has about 55-60 pounds on him. He needs to add some muscle or receivers will make him look like a rag doll.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Well, in what has become a Fun traditon on these boards, i decided to start this yrs SLEEPER thread for the 2011 NFL DRAFT... It was a awesome thread last yr, and its meant for mid to later rd guys who people think are gonna make it in the pro's and help our club or a club... Dosen't have to be Super Star, just a guy or guys who will make it and help and become known on the next level...

A guy i'm liking right now for a 6th-7th and maybe 5th if he does good at the Shrine Game and in Pre Draft workouts is DT TERRELL McCLAIN of S.FLORIDA... Hes got very good size and showed enough production to warrent middish to late rd consideration in hopes of finding a gem..McClain offers a nice mix of Run Stopping and at causing havoc in his penetration.. Coach Holtz said Measurable wise, McClain may be the best prospect they have to offer in this yrs draft.. Watch for him to make some noise in moving up some on the way toward the draft... Think 4th-6th rd with a ceiling of 3rd rd if everything in the world works out

Another player i like for the later rounds is Notre Dame CB Darrin Walls.. I've watched him his whole career as a diehard ND fan, and hes got SUNDAY potential.. Not afraid to mix it up in run support with his solid CB SIZE(6ft 190lb), and plays the ball very well in the air... Very expierenced, and easily the best Player in Notre Dames Secondary... Very solid ST player at ND.. Can play man as well as most CB's in college ball, and has nice speed and agility... A Solid all around player.. Think 4th-6th rd

One more Sleeper for now that i'll mention is Louisville TE Cameron Graham... Hes become one of my fave TE prospects out there, with his length and hands... Had 10games of at least 3catches and can block pretty solidly.. OC mike sanford has said, hes a good blend of on the line blocking TE and recevier, and also mentions, hes not the biggest TE, but he works his but off... Graham was highly recruited jr college player, getting scholarship offers from LSU and Arizona st, but chose Louisville due to playing more quickly... A definete player to keep a eye on going forward... Think 5th-7th with ceiling of late 4th...

[/quote] well, it looks like Terrell Mcclain did just that, and really lifted his draft stock during shrine game wk... Now, looking like to secure him, it may take a 4th rd pick, i really like this kid, and compare him to another 4th rd DT that we've been very successful with, Barry Cofield...
    <u>DT Terrell McClain</u>

-South Florida's Terrell McClain has been outstanding in individual and
    team drills. The mammoth defensive tackle has shown excellent strength
    and power while holding the point against the run. He has repeatedly
    anchored well against double teams, and flashed exceptional power while
    defeating blockers inside. Given his size, strength and run-stopping
    prowess, McClain is going to be a highly coveted prospect as the draft
    draws closer. (NFL.com)

-Another DT that helped himself today was Terrel McClain of South
    Florida. He is a wide-body who packs a punch and can move for a big man.
    Indeed, McClain reminds me a lot of Torrell Troup of UCF who came on
    strong in his senior season last fall and eventually was a second rounbd
    pick by Buffalo. Got a chance to speak with former USF head coach Jim
    Leavitt who said he is a great kid with loads of talent who seems to be
    getting it now. (GBN Report)

Josh Gatlin CB out of North Dakota State is another guy to watch. Projects as a late round (6th or 7th). He's 6'1. 195 pounds, and he's related to Justin Gatlin the Olympic sprinter.

I know its been said here before but just to open back up the conversation...

Dontay Moch LB- Nevada
    The only word to describe this guy athletically is wow (ran like a 4.2 40 no joke). He is very raw, but definately worth a flier in a mid-round. He has the ability to cover a TE down the field which our lb's currently dont, and could also be used in obvious passing situations. Not to mention, he could possibly develop at the safety position at the next level 6'1"245.

Doug Hogue OLB- Syracuse
    Im a syracuse homer, but I think he has a lot of potential. He has only been playing LB for 2 years, and was a converted RB. Therefore he understands running and blocking schemes very well having played on the other side of the ball. He has great size at 6'3" 235, is very strong and has very good speed.

All-Pro

DE- Mario Addison from Troy - Late Round Pick</P>

The more I read about this kid the more I see him making an impact in the NFL. Reminds me a bunch of Osi. </P>

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] I know i mentioned this guy alot on other threads and in mock drafts, but i believe alot in his talent, and that Davonte Shannon SS BUFFALO.... One of the last from the Turner Gill Era... This guys a beast, and i gurantee he gets drafted, and i believe will follow in the Mike Newton and James Starks and Jamey Richard and drew willys mold of buff players in the NFL.... Shannon is a absoulute Top hitter who can jar the ball loose, and has solid ball skills and anticipates very well, hes one of the Top players overall in the MAC, and i think will make a club and make a impact in time, one of my favorite sleepers of this draft season... A double digit tackle machine....

Heres some secondary Sleepers, and i'll do some other positons later on...

Safety's...

Davonte Shannon SS Buffalo- been talking about him for ever now, described above...

Mark Legree S Appalachian St- Ballhawk, is the word to describe Legree, could follow recent app st nfl draftee's all the way to the NFL...

Joe Lefeged SS Rutgers- Hard hitting, snot bubble rocking safety, who will help on special teams and posibly blocking kicks, and has solid ball skills, and could return kicks possibly.. Not a real sleeper, but somewhat, as i see him as a 4th-5th rd guy and Special team Ace, maybe in the Tyree and Kasim Osgood mold of ST ace...

<FONT size=5>Chris Culliver S/CB S.Carolina- injury plaqued, but a sloid prospect, that if healthy , couldve been in the 3rd rd range, but may fall to the sleeper rds, and has good size, and versatility, can play Safety and CB, and has solid speed and seems like a Perry Fewell type versaile defensive player..

</FONT>CORNER BACKS

Darrin Walls CB N.Dame- all ready talked about him on Opening Post of this thread, great looking late rd CB. Good in Run recogniton, solid speed and good size, leadership qualities...

anthony gaitor cb fla int- Ballhawking CB from small school... Not super fast or big, but gets it done, and isn't afraid of sticking his nose in on run tackling.... physical player...

marcus gilchrist cb clemson
    - a solid sized, solid speed corner... made move from safety to corner, and did fairly well, has some promise...
    [/quote]This is an intriguing player I believe as well. He is a good Kick returner to which is a plus. Ive been watching alot of him the last few days and believe he can play CB in the NFL. He has the speed and athleticism to mirror receivers in man coverage.He is also very solid in zone.He isnt the most physical run defender as a safety but for a corner he would be above average. He has pretty solid ball skills as well. I could see him as a later round option for the Giants for sure. I think im going to put together a video for him.</P>

I look at the returning SC players and they have a hell of a team. Outside of Alabama they have probably the most returning talent in the SEC. I mean they have a great RB in Marcus Lattimore. Maybe the best receiver in CFB in Alshon Jeffery at least Top 3 with Floyd and Blackmon. They have a Hybrid DE/LB pass pusher in Devin Taylor , A top corner prospect in Stephen Gilmore.An NFL SS prospect in Devonte Holloman, NFL DT in Travian Robertson and a very experienced Senior QB in Stephen Garcia.This is a Pre season Top 10 maybe top 5 team in my opinion. Id only put them behind a few teams for sure Oregon,Alabama,Oklahoma,Stanford after that I mean its wide open</P>

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] I know i mentioned this guy alot on other threads and in mock drafts, but i believe alot in his talent, and that Davonte Shannon SS BUFFALO.... One of the last from the Turner Gill Era... This guys a beast, and i gurantee he gets drafted, and i believe will follow in the Mike Newton and James Starks and Jamey Richard and drew willys mold of buff players in the NFL.... Shannon is a absoulute Top hitter who can jar the ball loose, and has solid ball skills and anticipates very well, hes one of the Top players overall in the MAC, and i think will make a club and make a impact in time, one of my favorite sleepers of this draft season... A double digit tackle machine....

Safety's...

Davonte Shannon SS Buffalo- been talking about him for ever now, described above...

Mark Legree S Appalachian St- Ballhawk, is the word to describe Legree, could follow recent app st nfl draftee's all the way to the NFL...

Joe Lefeged SS Rutgers- Hard hitting, snot bubble rocking safety, who will help on special teams and posibly blocking kicks, and has solid ball skills, and could return kicks possibly.. Not a real sleeper, but somewhat, as i see him as a 4th-5th rd guy and Special team Ace, maybe in the Tyree and Kasim Osgood mold of ST ace...

<font size="5">Chris Culliver S/CB S.Carolina- injury plaqued, but a sloid prospect, that if healthy , couldve been in the 3rd rd range, but may fall to the sleeper rds, and has good size, and versatility, can play Safety and CB, and has solid speed and seems like a Perry Fewell type versaile defensive player..

</font>CORNER BACKS

Darrin Walls CB N.Dame- all ready talked about him on Opening Post of this thread, great looking late rd CB. Good in Run recogniton, solid speed and good size, leadership qualities...

anthony gaitor cb fla int- Ballhawking CB from small school... Not super fast or big, but gets it done, and isn't afraid of sticking his nose in on run tackling.... physical player...

- a solid sized, solid speed corner... made move from safety to corner, and did fairly well, has some promise...
    [/quote]This is an intriguing player I believe as well. He is a good Kick returner to which is a plus. Ive been watching alot of him the last few days and believe he can play CB in the NFL. He has the speed and athleticism to mirror receivers in man coverage.He is also very solid in zone.He isnt the most physical run defender as a safety but for a corner he would be above average. He has pretty solid ball skills as well. I could see him as a later round option for the Giants for sure. I think im going to put together a video for him.</p>

I look at the returning SC players and they have a hell of a team. Outside of Alabama they have probably the most returning talent in the SEC. I mean they have a great RB in Marcus Lattimore. Maybe the best receiver in CFB in Alshon Jeffery at least Top 3 with Floyd and Blackmon. They have a Hybrid DE/LB pass pusher in Devin Taylor , A top corner prospect in Stephen Gilmore.An NFL SS prospect in Devonte Holloman, NFL DT in Travian Robertson and a very experienced Senior QB in Stephen Garcia.This is a Pre season Top 10 maybe top 5 team in my opinion. Id only put them behind a few teams for sure Oregon,Alabama,Oklahoma,Stanford after that I mean its wide open</p>[/quote]yeah dont forget clowney committed to them as well. they also have a guy from my hometown corey robinson. a 6-6 317 lb FRESHMAN OT who i will be keeping a close eye on for several reasons. i swear i dont know what they are putting in the water in my hometown but we are starting to crank out some talent.

anyways if you get the video put together make sure to let me know id like to see more of him as well

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Safety's...

<font size="5">Chris Culliver S/CB S.Carolina- injury plaqued, but a sloid prospect, that if healthy , couldve been in the 3rd rd range, but may fall to the sleeper rds, and has good size, and versatility, can play Safety and CB, and has solid speed and seems like a Perry Fewell type versaile defensive player..

</font>CORNER BACKS

[/quote]This is an intriguing player I believe as well. He is a good Kick returner to which is a plus. Ive been watching alot of him the last few days and believe he can play CB in the NFL. He has the speed and athleticism to mirror receivers in man coverage.He is also very solid in zone.He isnt the most physical run defender as a safety but for a corner he would be above average. He has pretty solid ball skills as well. I could see him as a later round option for the Giants for sure. I think im going to put together a video for him.</p>

I look at the returning SC players and they have a hell of a team. Outside of Alabama they have probably the most returning talent in the SEC. I mean they have a great RB in Marcus Lattimore. Maybe the best receiver in CFB in Alshon Jeffery at least Top 3 with Floyd and Blackmon. They have a Hybrid DE/LB pass pusher in Devin Taylor , A top corner prospect in Stephen Gilmore.An NFL SS prospect in Devonte Holloman, NFL DT in Travian Robertson and a very experienced Senior QB in Stephen Garcia.This is a Pre season Top 10 maybe top 5 team in my opinion. Id only put them behind a few teams for sure Oregon,Alabama,Oklahoma,Stanford after that I mean its wide open</p>[/quote] Ya, SC is loaded.... I actually am a Lefeged fan, alittle more, but hes not quite as versatile as culliver, but more durable, and also, a ST ace... I think Lefeged can have a David Tyree type effect on the ST coverege teams.

RB allen bradford usc. very intrigued by this kid.

[quote user="thegreatone"]RB allen bradford usc. very intrigued by this kid.
    [/quote] Mario Fannin jumped on the list as well.. a impressive combine from him as well...