+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote] I'd like to see that Salas VS U.S.C game again.. Remember Salas was one of the first guys i talked about, on one of our major threads, as he was catching and involved like on every play it felt, against the trojans.... He had 8catches for a 124... I knew he had something, just from that game, alone... He was awesome!
    [/quote]
    i think i mentioned salas in last years thread thinking he would come out. didnt really mention him this year cause was scared it was that hawaii system inflating his numbers. after watching a little tape on him i have to agree with you he is gonna be a very decent wr. most likely a slot best case a no 2.
    [/quote] Ya, i see em as a sure handed wr, that makes his living underneath, but like our very own steve smith, can at time, stretch the field and because of his hands, and body contorl, make the deep catch..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I screwed up converting the first quarter of the Hawaii game and messed up the quality. Sorry usually my vids look better then this
    [/quote] Why in the World austin pettis is talked about as like a 4th-6th rd propsect, is beyond me.. Another case of silly 40times and stuff like that, hurting what is a great football players, stock.. Pettis is gonna be a solid NFL player, period! I wouldent be surprised to se him end up being a border line pro bowl player at some point in his career, hes that good...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I screwed up converting the first quarter of the Hawaii game and messed up the quality. Sorry usually my vids look better then this
    [/quote] Why in the World austin pettis is talked about as like a 4th-6th rd propsect, is beyond me.. Another case of silly 40times and stuff like that, hurting what is a great football players, stock.. Pettis is gonna be a solid NFL player, period! I wouldent be surprised to se him end up being a border line pro bowl player at some point in his career, hes that good...
    [/quote]if he goes 4-6 he is gonna be a major steal for whoever nabs him. go get him spags :P

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]Yeah I dont think he is a sleeper but his round projection is making him one so I put his Vid here

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]if he goes 4-6 he is gonna be a major steal for whoever nabs him. go get him spags :P
    [/quote] He should be up there in the RD 2 status, and i would not even think SURPRISE one little bit, if he went in that area, as some NFL team, has gotta be smarter then, to think hes a 4th rd type WR...I'd take pettis over Torrey Smith, if u asked me to pick, right now, and over his teammate Titus Young as well... The only Wr's i see as definetly better, are Julio and AJ, and maybe Leonard Hankerson.... If Edmund Gates goes before Austin Pettis, it'll be a crime...

My final Sleeper list(top 5per positon just offensive). Top sleeper is 1st in each category, outside of that, no paticular order...

QB
    Colin Kapernick nevada
    - i raved about him well before his stock shot up, and he stays on my sleeper list because of that....

Pat Devlin Delaware
    Nathan Enderle Idaho
    Greg Mcelroy Bama
    TJ Yates u.n.
    c- i really like him as a late rd qb

Hon mention- Scott Tolzien Wisconsin

WR
    Greg Salas Hawaii
    austin pettis boise st
    - my top sleeper, liken him to be this yrs, Mike Williams
    Armon Binns cincy- another wr i really like, and he was a stud in the big east. Late rd steal
    dane sazenbacher ohio st
    jeff maehl oregon
    - really like him, and the heady player, will make it, if given a legit shot...hes probably not Austin Collie, but i could definetly see Blair White in em...

Hon mention- denarius moore tennesee

TE
    Lee Smith Marshall
    - blocking TE, with pretty solid hands, could find a niche on a team like the giants
    virgil green nevada- this guy can catch the football.. Raw, but the upside is there...
    cameron graham l'ville- didn't shine in combine, but trust me, this guys offense could find him a late rd pick, or UDF, that gets a chance at some point, and he makes good on it.
    julius thomas port st.- raw talent is there, could become steal, with seasoning and coaching..
    jordan cameron u.s.c- the majority of my TE sleepers are Raw upside guys, because its such a weak class, and its no diffrent here with jordan cameron...

Hon Mention- Shuyler Oordt no.iowa

RB
    Bilal Powell l'ville
    - one of my fave sleepers for months, i really like this guy...
    Dion Lewis Pittsburgh
    Brandon Saine Oh S
    t- watch out for this guy, hes got the size, speed, and hands to really help..
    jaquizz rodgers org st.- power, from the little man, and can get to the edge, plus catch pass's.
    derek locke kentucky

Hon Mention- evan royster penn st- productive, inside the tackle runner, who blocks well, and can help outta the backfield, with any luck, is one of those guys who could be a betterpro...

OT
    Derek Newton Ark St
    - another one of my sleepers for months, alot of raw upside here....
    Derek Hall Stanford
    Darius Morris temple
    joseph barksdale l.s.u-
    a monster sized man, who as early as last yr, was talked about as 1st rder
    Kyle Hix texas- just as a late RD RT, but if thats the case, has enough going to warren intrest

Hon Mention- Lee Ziemba Auburn

G
    Demarcus Love Ark
    - not huge sleeper, but i think hes gonna be a solid, outside first 3rd player
    Steve Shilling Michigan
    Julian Vandervelde Iowa
    Justin Boren Ohio st.
    Zach Hurd UCONN

Hon Mention-Rey Dominguez Ark

C
    Brandon Fusco Slippery Rock
    - i like this kid, alot.. Can move, and has versatility....
    alex linenkohl org st.
    ryan batholmew syracuse
    tim barnes mizzo
    kevin kowalski toledo

Hon Mention- Colin Baxter- if he could of stayed healthy, he'd possibly be a much higher talked about center..

What write ups i did put in the offensive sleepers are very small, and i didnt get to in depth, because i talked about most these guys all ready, and the page is all ready long enough, and i'm just not in the mood...
    I'll do my Defensive 5per positon sleepers tommorow.....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]My final Sleeper list(top 5per positon just offensive). Top sleeper is 1st in each category, outside of that, no paticular order...

QB
    Colin Kapernick nevada
    - i raved about him well before his stock shot up, and he stays on my sleeper list because of that....

Pat Devlin Delaware
    Nathan Enderle Idaho
    Greg Mcelroy Bama
    TJ Yates u.n.

WR
    Greg Salas Hawaii
    austin pettis boise st
    Armon Binns cincy- another wr i really like, and he was a stud in the big east. Late rd steal
    dane sazenbacher ohio st
    jeff maehl oregon
    - really like him, and the heady player, will make it, if given a legit shot...hes probably not Austin Collie, but i could definetly see Blair White in em...

TE
    Lee Smith Marshall
    - blocking TE, with pretty solid hands, could find a niche on a team like the giants
    virgil green nevada- this guy can catch the football.. Raw, but the upside is there...
    cameron graham l'ville- didn't shine in combine, but trust me, this guys offense could find him a late rd pick, or UDF, that gets a chance at some point, and he makes good on it.
    julius thomas port st.- raw talent is there, could become steal, with seasoning and coaching..
    jordan cameron u.s.c- the majority of my TE sleepers are Raw upside guys, because its such a weak class, and its no diffrent here with jordan cameron...

RB
    Bilal Powell l'ville
    Dion Lewis Pittsburgh
    Brandon Saine Oh S
    jaquizz rodgers org st.- power, from the little man, and can get to the edge, plus catch pass's.
    derek locke kentucky

Hon Mention- evan royster penn st- productive, inside the tackle runner, who blocks well, and can help outta the backfield, with any luck, is one of those guys who could be a betterpro...

OT
    Derek Newton Ark St
    Derek Hall Stanford
    Darius Morris temple
    joseph barksdale l.s.u-
    Kyle Hix texas- just as a late RD RT, but if thats the case, has enough going to warren intrest

G
    Demarcus Love Ark
    Steve Shilling Michigan
    Julian Vandervelde Iowa
    Justin Boren Ohio st.
    Zach Hurd UCONN

C
    alex linenkohl org st.
    ryan batholmew syracuse
    tim barnes mizzo
    kevin kowalski toledo

Hon Mention- Colin Baxter- if he could of stayed healthy, he'd possibly be a much higher talked about center..

What write ups i did put in the offensive sleepers are very small, and i didnt get to in depth, because i talked about most these guys all ready, and the page is all ready long enough, and i'm just not in the mood...
    [/quote]

Yeah theres still almost 2 more weeks U will put up another one. I like the late roundCenters in this draft . . If the Giants wait I think they can get afuture starter late . RB has good value later as well. The Giants should be able to grab a 3rd down back later as well.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]My final Sleeper list(top 5per positon just offensive). Top sleeper is 1st in each category, outside of that, no paticular order...

QB
    Colin Kapernick nevada

Pat Devlin Delaware
    Nathan Enderle Idaho
    Greg Mcelroy Bama
    TJ Yates u.n.

WR
    Greg Salas Hawaii
    austin pettis boise st
    dane sazenbacher ohio st
    jeff maehl oregon

TE
    Lee Smith Marshall

RB
    Bilal Powell l'ville
    Dion Lewis Pittsburgh
    Brandon Saine Oh S
    derek locke kentucky

OT
    Derek Newton Ark St
    Derek Hall Stanford
    Darius Morris temple
    joseph barksdale l.s.u-

G
    Demarcus Love Ark
    Steve Shilling Michigan
    Julian Vandervelde Iowa
    Justin Boren Ohio st.
    Zach Hurd UCONN

C
    alex linenkohl org st.
    ryan batholmew syracuse
    tim barnes mizzo
    kevin kowalski toledo

[/quote]damn i left a lot of guys of i like some of these guys i just dont see as sleepers like colin. unless your trying to pull an alualu like i did last season lol. He wont make it outta round 2 and could possibly see a team trading up to late 1 for him. at least thats how much I like him.

barnes didnt lift at the combine that i saw and cant find his pro day workout stats but i like him as a late rounder. Like hix but 24 reps at the bine is concerning, i like my linemen strong like bull ! If he did better at pro day ill list him but cant find info. like fusco and forgot will rackley i think

didnt put pettis cause i just think he is too good to go 4-6th like you said he is projected. If he does go after 3rd he will be another mike w.

i figured powell would be rated higher than he is so i left him off. Agree though if he goes around where he is rated, big time sleeper. I think lewis and rodgers are rated to high be considered sleepers, just outside of top 10 at their position but i like both.

love all your te's but most are rated top 10 in their position. i kinda try to stay away from the top 10 players per position depending on how many are listed (like C, not many of em). even though some, if not most, will be taken 3rd round or lower i just think they ar too good to be listed as sleepers. LOVE virgil and julious.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]My final Sleeper list(top 5per positon just offensive). Top sleeper is 1st in each category, outside of that, no paticular order...

QB
    Colin Kapernick nevada

Pat Devlin Delaware
    Nathan Enderle Idaho
    Greg Mcelroy Bama
    TJ Yates u.n.

WR
    Greg Salas Hawaii
    austin pettis boise st
    dane sazenbacher ohio st
    jeff maehl oregon

TE
    Lee Smith Marshall

RB
    Bilal Powell l'ville
    Dion Lewis Pittsburgh
    Brandon Saine Oh S
    derek locke kentucky

OT
    Derek Newton Ark St
    Derek Hall Stanford
    Darius Morris temple
    joseph barksdale l.s.u-

G
    Demarcus Love Ark
    Steve Shilling Michigan
    Julian Vandervelde Iowa
    Justin Boren Ohio st.
    Zach Hurd UCONN

C
    alex linenkohl org st.
    ryan batholmew syracuse
    tim barnes mizzo
    kevin kowalski toledo

[/quote]damn i left a lot of guys of i like some of these guys i just dont see as sleepers like colin. unless your trying to pull an alualu like i did last season lol. He wont make it outta round 2 and could possibly see a team trading up to late 1 for him. at least thats how much I like him.

barnes didnt lift at the combine that i saw and cant find his pro day workout stats but i like him as a late rounder. Like hix but 24 reps at the bine is concerning, i like my linemen strong like bull ! If he did better at pro day ill list him but cant find info. like fusco and forgot will rackley i think

didnt put pettis cause i just think he is too good to go 4-6th like you said he is projected. If he does go after 3rd he will be another mike w.

i figured powell would be rated higher than he is so i left him off. Agree though if he goes around where he is rated, big time sleeper. I think lewis and rodgers are rated to high be considered sleepers, just outside of top 10 at their position but i like both.

love all your te's but most are rated top 10 in their position. i kinda try to stay away from the top 10 players per position depending on how many are listed (like C, not many of em). even though some, if not most, will be taken 3rd round or lower i just think they ar too good to be listed as sleepers. LOVE virgil and julious.
    [/quote] Ya, i put a couple guys down, that i had as sleepers before they flew up draft boards.. This happened to me last yr with Vlad Ducasse , and i got robbed outta one of my sleepers...lol So, i kept Colin and a couple others on there, regardless of the fact they moved up some rounds over the past month or 2, there still Sleepers as far as not being the top of the crop, just not 4th-7th rd guys.. I did try to only do that a few times, with the guys like i said, that i all ready called SLEEPERS well before they flew up draft boards...

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]My final Sleeper list(top 5per positon just offensive). Top sleeper is 1st in each category, outside of that, no paticular order...

QB
    Colin Kapernick nevada

Pat Devlin Delaware
    Nathan Enderle Idaho
    Greg Mcelroy Bama
    TJ Yates u.n.

WR
    Greg Salas Hawaii
    austin pettis boise st
    dane sazenbacher ohio st
    jeff maehl oregon

TE
    Lee Smith Marshall

RB
    Bilal Powell l'ville
    Dion Lewis Pittsburgh
    Brandon Saine Oh S
    derek locke kentucky

OT
    Derek Newton Ark St
    Derek Hall Stanford
    Darius Morris temple
    joseph barksdale l.s.u-

G
    Demarcus Love Ark
    Steve Shilling Michigan
    Julian Vandervelde Iowa
    Justin Boren Ohio st.
    Zach Hurd UCONN

C
    alex linenkohl org st.
    ryan batholmew syracuse
    tim barnes mizzo
    kevin kowalski toledo

[/quote] Also, as far as the TE's, none of em are gonna be going untill the 4th-7th rd, outside of Virigl Green and maybe Jordan Cameron, but thre still 2 very raw TE's, that are sleepers at there positon, because everything of theres, is based off "upside"...
    As for Kyle Hix, i could care less what he benched one day at the combine.. I dont crusify guys because of a event or 2 at the combine... I liked how he played , and if anything, he could've moved up and been outta sleeper status, if he did to well at the combine.. I just like Hix as more of a Depth, late RD RT prospect, that can fill in, in a pinch, type player....

Powell and Lewis are certainly sleepers.. Are sleepers are around the 4th-7th rd, and u can mix and match, u don't have to have the bottom of the barrell type guys, where u have to find 5guys u like at each positon from the 6th rd on, thats kinda silly.. Again, Bilal was a sleeper of mine, well before his stock started to soar, just like his teammate Johnny Patrick was, all though, ill leave Johnny off my Sleeper list, because hes so well rounded and isn't as raw, as say Colin Kapernick... I dissagree on what u call a sleeper, but its all good...