+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="slipknottin"]if you want to be technical, Irving was the 3rd ILB drafted.[/quote]
    He was the first 4/3 MLB taken...ahead of your boy toy Martez Wilson who at one point you swore the Giants would take at number 19....oh yeah ur other boy toy sturduvant is still on the board too

Oh yeah and Wiesnieski who you swore would go 5th-7th just went in the 2nd.....Just admit it Slip, you suck at evaluating players

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="par404"]Nate Irving MLB NC state is going to be an impact player. Living in the Carolinas and had seen him play. Yes, a Ray Lewis type, little slow to be Patrick Willis type. Would make a good later round pick, especially if Bulluck is around to mentor him.
    [/quote]

Good later round pick is right. IMO the guy is a tremendous leader and motivator but he doesn't have a lot of potential other than that

[/quote]
    Not alot of potential? The guy had 20.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks last season from the MLB position and he's probably going to be the first MLB selected in the draft this year over guys like greg jones and quan sturdivant.
    [/quote]
    Good call juice, Wow you're a ****ing genius!
    [/quote]

Haha, damn you

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]if you want to be technical, Irving was the 3rd ILB drafted.[/quote]
    He was the first 4/3 MLB taken...ahead of your boy toy Martez Wilson who at one point you swore the Giants would take at number 19....oh yeah ur other boy toy sturduvant is still on the board too

Oh yeah and Wiesnieski who you swore would go 5th-7th just went in the 2nd.....Just admit it Slip, you suck at evaluating players
    [/quote]

Martez had a neck injury that I said could cause him to drop drastically. Sturdivant has off the field issues. If you pay attention you would notice I said both of this pre draft.

And that Wisnewski was drafted in the second by the raiders doesn't mean a lot of teams didnt think he was more of a late round pick, and that wasn't my evaluation anyway, that's what some scouts were saying.

And if we are going to argue semantics about Irving, he wasn't even drafted to play MLB, he was drafted to play outside. The broncos have DJ Williams in the middle.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="slipknottin"]if you want to be technical, Irving was the 3rd ILB drafted.[/quote]

[/quote]

Martez had a neck injury that I said could cause him to drop drastically. Sturdivant has off the field issues. If you pay attention you would notice I said both of this pre draft.

And that Wisnewski was drafted in the second by the raiders doesn't mean a lot of teams didnt think he was more of a late round pick, and that wasn't my evaluation anyway, that's what some scouts were saying.

And if we are going to argue semantics about Irving, he wasn't even drafted to play MLB, he was drafted to play outside. The broncos have DJ Williams in the middle.[/quote]haha, i knew u were gonna re-cant your Wisnewski banter, i knew it!!lol Bottom line, he went in the 2nd round, exactly where i thought he was going, and guranteed in that same thread.. Its all good, though, just teasing you, but u seriously can't use his Uncle being a coach with OAK, as a way out of that one, u should of said that, in the thread...

I'm not recanting it, a lot of teams could have had him as a 2nd round pick, doesn't mean some teams/scouts didn't think he was worth a high pick.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I'm not recanting it, a lot of teams could have had him as a 2nd round pick, doesn't mean some teams/scouts didn't think he was worth a high pick.[/quote] It was ridiculous to think it possible for him to fall outta round 2, let alone, go to Round 5, is the bottom line..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]I'm not recanting it, a lot of teams could have had him as a 2nd round pick, doesn't mean some teams/scouts didn't think he was worth a high pick.[/quote] It was ridiculous to think it possible for him to fall outta round 2, let alone,* go to Round 5, is the bottom line..
    [/quote]

Well the raiders took him in the second, so history would tell us that fact cuts against it being a good or rationale pick in the 2nd. :P

[quote user="baadfish"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]I'm not recanting it, a lot of teams could have had him as a 2nd round pick, doesn't mean some teams/scouts didn't think he was worth a high pick.[/quote] It was ridiculous to think it possible for him to fall outta round 2, let alone, go to Round 5, is the bottom line..
    [/quote]

Well the raiders took him in the second, so history would tell us that fact cuts against it being a good or rationale pick in the 2nd. :P[/quote] not really, they just took Lamarr Houston last yr, in ROUND2 , and he was a very good pick... They have had a few bad drafts, dosen't mean they are gonna be that way forever, or never make a good pick...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] My FINAL DEFENSIVE SLEEPER list(Top 5per positon) my FAVE is ranked 1st, after that, no paticular order, and no write ups, as i'm to tired this morning for that..lol I have spoken about just about every one of these guys at some point, anyways...

CB
    1. Anthony Gaitor CB Fla Int.- I freaking really like this kid
    2. Chris Rucker CB Michigan St- Some think he may have added versatility as a S in the NFL..
    3. Darrin Walls CB Notre Dame
    4. Cortez Allen CB Citadel
    5. Justin Rogers CB Richmond

Hon Mention- Korey Lindsey So.Illinois
    Safetys

1. Mark Legree Appalachin St.- this kid can make plays...
    2. Chris Culliver S.Carolina
    3. Davonte Shannon Buffalo- been on this kid for yrs now
    4. Shiloh Keo Idaho- i know hes not a sleeper, per say, but still think hes gonna be a good one, and hes not going till the earliest, RD 4, so close enough..lol

5. Mana Silva Hawaii

Hon Mention- Dom Decicco pitt- just has that "it" factor, and could be ST ace...

LB(middle and Outside)

1. Jonas Mouton Michigan- Hes gonna make a roster, and be solid depth, guranteed....
    2. Brian Rolle Ohio St
    3. Jabara Williams Stephen F Austin- Some real potential here...
    4. Scott Lutrus UCONN- blue collar kid, could be a solid reserve for someone..
    5. Akeem Dent Ga

Hon Mention- Thomas Keiser Stanford- more of a 3/4 rush lb, but theres some potential as a SUB here....

DT

1. Martin Parker DT Richmond- this kid would fit our team perfectly, and i love em!
    2. Cedric Thornton DT So Arkansas
    3. Ian Williams DT N.Dame- not really a sleeper, but a nice looking 4th rd type DT, i think will be a good Run Stuffing DT/NT in the pro's..
    4. Colby Whitlock DT Tex Tech- cold be solid rotational DT, that uses his motor to make plays from time to time...
    5. Ollie Ogbu DT Penn St-

Hon Mention- Sealver Sillga DT Utah- should of stayed in school, but certainly has some upside, and could become a solid run stuffing DT, with occasional pressence in the backfield

DE

1.Ugo Chinasa DE Okla St- my num DE sleeper, chinasa could be a very good player, if he just brings it on every play.. If u can get em in the right round, he offers some real upside..
    2.Ryan Winterswyk DE Boise St.
    3. Ricky Elmore DE Zona- Watched him often, and always came away impressed, spoke about him more then a few times this yr...
    4.Clay Nurse DE Illinois
    5. Brandon Bair DE Ga

Hom Men Eddie Jones DE Texas- maybe as a UDF type.. Was a huge recruit coming out of high school, kinda not huge production, but maybe you get lucky, and as a UDF, why not?

[/quote] Culliver, Dent, and mouton all ready gone with the wind..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="baadfish"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]I'm not recanting it, a lot of teams could have had him as a 2nd round pick, doesn't mean some teams/scouts didn't think he was worth a high pick.[/quote] It was ridiculous to think it possible for him to fall outta round 2, let alone,* go to Round 5, is the bottom line..
    [/quote]

Well the raiders took him in the second, so history would tell us that fact cuts against it being a good or rationale pick in the 2nd. :P[/quote] not really, they just took Lamarr Houston last yr, in ROUND2 , and he was a very good pick... They have had a few bad drafts, dosen't mean they are gonna be that way forever, or never make a good pick...
    [/quote]

Yea it wasn't a serious suggestion.