+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

TY Hilton is so nasty

Not that he is to much of a sleeper, as most of us know about em by this point(or u should), but CHANDLER HARNISH QB NO.ILLINOIS is a interesting prospect.. They've been a super fun team to watch since hes been there, and his former RB, Chad Spann was another sleeper of mine who i believe is now with the INDY COLTS..

Chandler Harnish is listed at 6ft 2in 222lbs and uses his legs to go with a solid/accurate arm... This yr, hes all ready shredded to noteworthy programs in ARMY and KANSAS...

Vs Army= 12-19 195yrd 5td 1in/ 11carry 80yrd 1td
    At Kansas= 27-33 315yrd 2td 0int/ 11carry 89yrd 3td

Those are pretty gaudy numbers, and were not quite talking about Slippery Rock here...lol Harnish is a guy many experts have in there "next" after crop of QB's, and i think hes someone along with Gj Kinne, to keep monitoring as mid rd QB's, who have a shot to possilby stick in the pro's for awhile..

Im gonna make an early call for Mark Popek. OT, USF.

He is a nasty runblocker and a remarkabley fast learner. Just 3 years ago he was 6'7 230 lbs, now he is 309lbs and carries the wieght well. He has some of the other measurables you like in OT as well. Long arms and massive hands.

[quote user="thegreatone"]personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early[/quote] I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="thegreatone"]personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early[/quote] I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....[/quote]allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="thegreatone"]personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early[/quote] I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....[/quote]allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds
    [/quote] There is a bonanza of FA TE's after the season so it depends on what we do in FA'cy
    Guys like
    mercedes lewis jags(would fit like a glove with us)
    Fred Davis Skins(i would love to steal him away hes gonna be good)
    Jermichael Finley(prob not our type but would be explosive)

Stop-gap Te's(pick em up for a yr or 2 type TE's)
    Joel Dressen hou(solid all around TE stuck with Owen Daniels in HOU)
    Scott Chandler Bills(making a name for himself early on for ruff buff)
    Evan moore cle(intersting player could be a good fit with us)

Obviously the STOP GAP guys probably don't stop us from drafting a TE all though could have us thinking a yr later or so mercedes would be a great fit with us and Fred Davis is turning into a stud

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="thegreatone"]personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early[/quote] I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....[/quote]allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds
    [/quote] There is a bonanza of FA TE's after the season so it depends on what we do in FA'cy
    Guys like

Obviously the STOP GAP guys probably don't stop us from drafting a TE all though could have us thinking a yr later or so mercedes would be a great fit with us and Fred Davis is turning into a stud
    [/quote]

Dont be so sure there could very well be a whole new coaching staff next year. Its going to be hard to predict the Giants draft accurately because of that.

Right now Im hoping the Giants go WR or CB early,cut Diehl and grab one of the elite guards in FA. Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs will both be FA's in there prime.

The FA WR that has peaked me interest is Jordy Nelson. I dont see how the Packers cankeep him with all the other guys they have.Jordy would be a great slot receiver to have in NY. He is also has some size at 6'3". I think he could come fairly cheap andbe a real nice upgrade to the WR corp.

Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="thegreatone"]personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early[/quote] I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....[/quote]allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds
    Guys like

[/quote]

Dont be so sure there could very well be a whole new coaching staff next year. Its going to be hard to predict the Giants draft accurately because of that.

Right now Im hoping the Giants go WR or CB early,cut Diehl and grab one of the elite guards in FA. Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs will both be FA's in there prime.

The FA WR that has peaked me interest is Jordy Nelson. I dont see how the Packers cankeep him with all the other guys they have.Jordy would be a great slot receiver to have in NY. He is also has some size at 6'3". I think he could come fairly cheap andbe a real nice upgrade to the WR corp.

[/quote]omg jordy in the slot would be AMAZING

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Guys like

[/quote]

[/quote]omg jordy in the slot would be AMAZING