+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="thegreatone"]personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early[/quote] I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....[/quote]allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds
    [/quote] There is a bonanza of FA TE's after the season so it depends on what we do in FA'cy
    Guys like
    mercedes lewis jags(would fit like a glove with us)
    Fred Davis Skins(i would love to steal him away hes gonna be good)
    Jermichael Finley(prob not our type but would be explosive)

Stop-gap Te's(pick em up for a yr or 2 type TE's)
    Joel Dressen hou(solid all around TE stuck with Owen Daniels in HOU)
    Scott Chandler Bills(making a name for himself early on for ruff buff)
    Evan moore cle(intersting player could be a good fit with us)

Obviously the STOP GAP guys probably don't stop us from drafting a TE all though could have us thinking a yr later or so mercedes would be a great fit with us and Fred Davis is turning into a stud
    [/quote]yeh i really like davis for us.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="thegreatone"]personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early[/quote] I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....[/quote]allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds
    [/quote] There is a bonanza of FA TE's after the season so it depends on what we do in FA'cy
    Guys like
    mercedes lewis jags(would fit like a glove with us)
    Fred Davis Skins(i would love to steal him away hes gonna be good)
    Jermichael Finley(prob not our type but would be explosive)

Stop-gap Te's(pick em up for a yr or 2 type TE's)
    Joel Dressen hou(solid all around TE stuck with Owen Daniels in HOU)
    Scott Chandler Bills(making a name for himself early on for ruff buff)
    Evan moore cle(intersting player could be a good fit with us)

Obviously the STOP GAP guys probably don't stop us from drafting a TE all though could have us thinking a yr later or so mercedes would be a great fit with us and Fred Davis is turning into a stud
    [/quote]

Dont be so sure there could very well be a whole new coaching staff next year. Its going to be hard to predict the Giants draft accurately because of that.

Right now Im hoping the Giants go WR or CB early,cut Diehl and grab one of the elite guards in FA. Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs will both be FA's in there prime.

The FA WR that has peaked me interest is Jordy Nelson. I dont see how the Packers cankeep him with all the other guys they have.Jordy would be a great slot receiver to have in NY. He is also has some size at 6'3". I think he could come fairly cheap andbe a real nice upgrade to the WR corp.

[/quote] Very True on the Coaching Front and if a guy like say Bill O'brien OC Pats comes in(just a example) with a offensive mindset then he could go right to work upgrading and finagling the offense

Jordy Nelson would be a great fit with us and a great comp to nicks! As u said with all that the pack have no way they can keep both Nelson and Finley if either .
    I know we have crazy injury problems as it is but how great would Colston fit in with ELI? With his throwing style a big stout WR really comes in handy and Colston would really work well with ELI in my opinion and come alittle cheaper because of past injuries i would think Don't get em wrong i love Nelson and that would be fantastic just throwing that out there I wonder what happens with mario? I would love to keep him and add Nelson and draft a guy like mcnutt in the 3rd or 4th round or if Dwight Jones were to slip to rd 3 We gotta load up on offensive weapons in todays NFL

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad[/quote] How about that 6ft 1inch 332lb monster DT for KENTUCKY whos name is
    mister cobble LOL

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad[/quote] How about that 6ft 1inch 332lb monster DT for KENTUCKY whos name is
    mister cobble LOL
    [/quote]Only watched the Kent O vs Louisville d so far. Still have to break down the opposite way. Kentucky has a few players I want to watch. The thing that sucks is the Vid quality is to crappy for vids

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad[/quote] How about that 6ft 1inch 332lb monster DT for KENTUCKY whos name is
    mister cobble LOL
    [/quote]I like there safety Winston Guy. The DT I think thats going to climb after the season is Dajohn Harris of USC. He doesnt get that much pub because he hasnt been that flashy but he is always pushing the pocket. He is 6'4 310 and leads USC in TFL. I think he is a guy that NFL Scouts will like more then CFB fans.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad[/quote] How about that 6ft 1inch 332lb monster DT for KENTUCKY whos name is
    mister cobble LOL
    [/quote]I like there safety Winston Guy. The DT I think thats going to climb after the season is Dajohn Harris of USC. He doesnt get that much pub because he hasnt been that flashy but he is always pushing the pocket. He is 6'4 310 and leads USC in TFL. I think he is a guy that NFL Scouts will like more then CFB fans.[/quote] I agree about Winston Guy! A guy i think is gonna climb bigtime from the DT positon is Jaye Howard DT FLORIDA I really like him alot! I don't know where they got him going as of now but i could see as a 3rd rounder when said and done

Re: 2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Look out for Logan Harrel of Fresno State having a great season so far

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Look out for Logan Harrel of Fresno State having a great season so far[/quote] I totally agree! Looks like he could be a nice rotational DT on pass rush downs in the NFL

Drake Dunsmore H-back of Nwestern i think can find a niche in the NFL

Veteran

Graham reminds me of Travis Beckum in college....I think that hurts my perception of him