+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 NFL DRAFT "Sleeper" Thread(Giant MB Traditon!!)

Ah man, I completely forgot about Jonas Muton. Really like that kid too, very underrated. Good speed, good motor, decent in coverage, physical against the run. Should go in rounds 3-5.

[quote user="michaelkhan3"]

Here's a few guys I like

Ross Homan, LB, OSU - Very solid player, played MLB at OSU but Id like him more as a SLB, he is a bit small and dosent have great 40 speed but he is quite good in zonecoverage.

Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon - (not really a sleeper because he is Clay Matthews' brother)I dont think he will make as big an impact as his brother at the start but is a very good player same kind of attitude as Clay never gives up on a play and makes plays.He again played MLB but I think he couldmove to OLB if needed.

Mason Foster, LB, Washington - I havent seen much of this guy but he has great size for an SOLB ( 6'2 242lbs) his stats are crazy (162 tackles 6.5 sacks, only had less than 10 tackles in 2 games) and I've heard good things about the guy too especially about his high motor.

Devon Torrence, CB, OSU - He has good size good speed, good against the run, good in coverage and makes a lot of plays

[/quote]

Foster's a tackling machine and seems to play with great energy and
    intensity which is important at the LB psotion....I like him alot, here he is against
    Stanford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZJ69c8Wcj4

Anybody have good sleepers in this TE class? Jimmy graham was pretty much everyone's sleeper at TE last year (by fans and analysts alike)

If boss walks I would like the giants to getan extremely athletic TE that's 260 pounds but runs like a WR. I don't like beckum, he'stoo undersized to ever draw LBs in coverage.

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]

Here's a few guys I like

Ross Homan, LB, OSU - Very solid player, played MLB at OSU but Id like him more as a SLB, he is a bit small and dosent have great 40 speed but he is quite good in zonecoverage.

Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon - (not really a sleeper because he is Clay Matthews' brother)I dont think he will make as big an impact as his brother at the start but is a very good player same kind of attitude as Clay never gives up on a play and makes plays.He again played MLB but I think he couldmove to OLB if needed.

Mason Foster, LB, Washington - I havent seen much of this guy but he has great size for an SOLB ( 6'2 242lbs) his stats are crazy (162 tackles 6.5 sacks, only had less than 10 tackles in 2 games) and I've heard good things about the guy too especially about his high motor.

Devon Torrence, CB, OSU - He has good size good speed, good against the run, good in coverage and makes a lot of plays

[/quote]

Foster's a tackling machine and seems to play with great energy and
    intensity which is important at the LB psotion....I like him alot, here he is against
    Stanford

[/quote] yup, i can't help but rave about Mason Foster, but hes anything but a sleeper, i just mocked him to the Gmen in RD 2, and would be shocked if he made it past the first few picks in RD 3, and most likely think hes a 2nd rder... hes the complete package, and a perfect fit for a 4/3 SLB... Hes so involved in plays, and can help in all area's... I simply love him as a prospect, along with Akeem Ayers...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] A LB i like for the Weakside as a middish to lateish RD is Michigans Jonas Mouton.. He seems to be multi dimensional(run and pass), and seems to always be around the ball... He dominated my Fighting Irish to kinda get on my watch list, and put together a bunch of solid games there after... A intriguing player...
    [/quote]I was watching Oregon and Auburn again . Maehl looks taller then he is because he has long arms andcatches the ball with his hands a lot out stretched over his head. He is really good at getting proper position on the cornerback and winning contested passes . U need very good hands to catch the ball how Maehl does. He may find a home somewhere in the NFL as a possession receiver[/quote] ya, i agree with your analysis, hes QUite a smart player, and seems to play with alot of passion, watching him reminded me of watching Ed Mcaffrey, but then i seen how much smaller he is, it is wierd..lol Maehl will make someone happy in the mid rds, topping out at Mcaffrey potential, and at least as u said, a Solid player with a decent career ala Brian Finneran... I really like em...

[/quote]

Couldnt U see Maehl making plays for Peyton Manning next season. He is savvy and smart enough to get open in there system

[/quote] Yes sir! Theres a ton of SLeeper WR's i like... Obviously i all ready mentioned to u Matt Szczur of Villanova, and also Greg Salas of Hawahi, and Jeremey Kerley of TCU... I like those guys for various reasons and see all of em being drafted at some point..

Jeff maehl
    Matt Szczur
    Greg Salas
    Jeremey Kerley

[quote user="Neverend"]

Anybody have good sleepers in this TE class? Jimmy graham was pretty much everyone's sleeper at TE last year (by fans and analysts alike)

If boss walks I would like the giants to getan extremely athletic TE that's 260 pounds but runs like a WR. I don't like beckum, he'stoo undersized to ever draw LBs in coverage.

[/quote]

This guy isnt in the class of Jimmy Graham and honestly Ive never seen him play. Im going off his invite to the combine and some published measurables Ive seen

Schuylar Oordt- Northern Iowa 6-7 248 4.57 40

He had 24 catches this year for 405 yards a 16.9 YPC. He had 6 games where he caught a ball for over 38 yards. He obviously is a very raw prospect coming from the FCS. If these measurables are true he may be worth a look as an UDFA.

Here is the only thing Ive seen from him LOL. He seems to have good speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eR7nk5V5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ydRLSOHkY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eaQAQrlBrM

[quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote] ya, i mentioned one in the Original Post to this thread.. Cameron Graham of Louisville is a player i really like at TE... Hes got great size, incredibly athletic for a TE, ever improving blocking, and soft hands... He was huge for Louisville this yr, and i think somones getting a steal with him...

Also, Brett Brackett of Penn st is another sleeper TE i like.. He needs to pack on some more lb's, but has ability, and did fine, considering he had Doo Doo at QB this past season.. Hes worth a look as a 7th rd- UDF player...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]

Here's a few guys I like

[/quote]

Foster's a tackling machine and seems to play with great energy and intensity which is important at the LB psotion....I like him alot, here he is against Stanford

[/quote] yup, i can't help but rave about Mason Foster, but hes anything but a sleeper, i just mocked him to the Gmen in RD 2, and would be shocked if he made it past the first few picks in RD 3, and most likely think hes a 2nd rder... hes the complete package, and a perfect fit for a 4/3 SLB... Hes so involved in plays, and can help in all area's... I simply love him as a prospect, along with Akeem Ayers...
    [/quote]He played his *** off in that excruciatingly boring game against Nebraska. He will be gone before the 3rd round for sure. Im not sure if he will even get to the Giants in round 2 just way to much production. The guy had 162 tackles for gods sake. I think 3-4 teams will like him 2. A guy was telling me on a draft thread that he has trouble getting off blocks. He had 162 tackles how much trouble could he really have

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="michaelkhan3"]

Here's a few guys I like

[/quote]

Foster's a tackling machine and seems to play with great energy and intensity which is important at the LB psotion....I like him alot, here he is against Stanford

[/quote]He played his *** off in that excruciatingly boring game against Nebraska. He will be gone before the 3rd round for sure. Im not sure if he will even get to the Giants in round 2 just way to much production. The guy had 162 tackles for gods sake. I think 3-4 teams will like him 2. A guy was telling me on a draft thread that he has trouble getting off blocks. He had 162 tackles how much trouble could he really have[/quote] Agreed, i just see him as more of a SLB in a 4/3, because hes only about 240, and i don't think pass rushing is nessecarily a strength of his, as much as just playing in space with a occasional blitz... I love em on a team like the Giants or even the Rams... he reminds of a guy Spags would want... As far as the Tackles go, its simply amazing... I really like Lawerence Wilson of UCONN as a WLB as well..

[quote user="Neverend"]

[/quote]
    How bout Wesley Saunders from South Carolina. He's 6'5" 268 and has talent but will likely drop in the draft due to being suspended from his team for undisclosed reasons...might be worth a late round flier

Here's a scouting report on him from scouts inc (1- Exceptional, 5-marginal)

Separation Skills2Good
    overall fluidity for size. Shows adequate initial pop off the line of
    scrimmage. Although lacking suddenness and burst with cuts, gets in and
    out of stem smoothly and can separate against man coverage. Effective
    working against zone-coverage and has a natural feel for soft spots.
    However, needs to do a better job of avoiding traffic when running
    shallow or intermediate crossing routes.
    Ball Skills1Possesses
    strong and natural hands. Rarely allows ball to get into body. Shows a
    flexible torso and can open up to make catch outside of frame. Also
    shows ability to fully extend arms and make catch in stride. Will
    secure ball in traffic.
    Big Play Ability2Possesses
    a loose gait giving him ability to stretch defenses vertically. Can
    exploit the vertical seams. An effective runner after the catch.
    Displays the athleticism and balance to make defenders miss in the open
    field. Lacks elite burst and won't outrun pursuit very often.
    Competitiveness/ Toughness3Willing
    to do the dirty work down the middle of the field. Shows the toughness
    and focus to bring in catch while absorbing contact. Also fights hard
    for extra yards with the ball in his hand. On the other hand lacks
    aggression as a blocker. Needs to put in more effort to sustain blocks.