+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Official "Eat crow about Osi" Thread

Even as recently as last week I would say we need to make a business decision and part ways. At this point, give him whatever he wants I don't even care anymore.

All-Pro

Re: Official "Eat crow about Osi" Thread

Oh good another just pay Osi thread.

I like Osi, but they can not give him what he wants. If they did they would have to let Tuck go. They can not let him go. They need to resign other players that are younger and will be here longer. It is not about hating Osi. It is about money and what they can not give him.

Oh, and before we all hear "you are not a GM so you don't know", please tell me how they "just pay the man" which by the way, they already have in a heavily front loaded contract.

Veteran

[quote user="buddy33"]Oh good another just pay Osi thread.

I like Osi, but they can not give him what he wants. If they did they would have to let Tuck go. They can not let him go. They need to resign other players that are younger and will be here longer. It is not about hating Osi. It is about money and what they can not give him.

Oh, and before we all hear "you are not a GM so you don't know", please tell me how they "just pay the man" which by the way, they already have in a heavily front loaded contract.[/quote]

I will probably agree with you in a few weeks. At this point I'm still on a high from last night though.

[quote user="jhamburg"]Even as recently as last week I would say we need to make a business decision and part ways. At this point, give him whatever he wants I don't even care anymore.[/quote]

No one has ever had a problem with Osi's performance (2009 aside).

It's how he handled this situation that's been detrimental to the team and I do not agree with giving him whatever he wants. He's an aging player whose best years are behind him, but still juice in the tank.

Whatever team picks him up next (be it the Giants or another team) will pay him as such.

I'd like to see Osi realize that he's made more money over the past few years then several people will collectively see in their lifetimes and decide to retire a Giant.

Be a nice change of pace from all the contract drama of late.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Osi wont get what he wants. he may be offered an extension to his current contract but JR wont break the bank on him.

he has been an impactful player this season but hes also missed time from the lineup.

personally i think he'll be traded during the off season to an afc team.

All-Pro

Listen, he is great at what he does, no doubt. However, there are younger guys they need to sign and lets also not forget how many games he missed this year. You don't "just pay" a player that does not play half the season.

I hated how he handled the "pay" thing. I also accused him of hanging out and not playing until the Giants were close or assured to be in the playoffs.....I still kind of feel that way.

BUT....I never dissed his play when he was playing. The guy just flat out makes things happen. he is a game changer....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I will take my crow with a side of of more crow for criticizing Eli during the preseason. And I will wash it all down with crow juice.

[quote user="jhamburg"]Even as recently as last week I would say we need to make a business decision and part ways. At this point, give him whatever he wants I don't even care anymore.[/quote]

he wants Charles Johnson's contract.

6 years, $72 million with a 30 million signing bonus.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

he wants Charles Johnson's contract.

6 years, $72 million with a 30 million signing bonus.

[/quote]

A $30 million signing bonus?

WHY? Because he's demonstrated such a solid grasp of front-loaded contracts?