+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Morehead eats crow!

I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team. That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him. I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season. WhenI heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.

To me the two biggest plays of the season were:

1. 99 yard TD the Victor Cruz

and

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day. It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Morehead eats crow!

quality poster.

quality thread.

i've been an avid TC supporter but i had more than my fair share of doubts this season. Legit criticism of his tenure here has been that outside of one year, he's never won a playoff game as head coach of the giants, and their poor performance in big games late in the season.

but can anyone think of a better example of why you don't fire coaches OR COORDINATORS during the season (not that you were advocating the same).

Well, even for his wavering fans, he's answered any criticism pretty decisively.

i've always said while its not sexy, the "disiciple first" head coach has more staying power than the player first head coach. they just need to find a way for their players to buy in. Once they do, they're so hard to beat. they win thepenalties battle (or at least tie, excluding stupid calls you can't control), they win the ST battle, they win the turnover battle. When you do that its pretty hard to lose.

Ask Rex Ryan what its like to keep his house of cards from falling when some of the 'passion' of player first coaches starts to waiver...........

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

quality poster.

quality thread.

i've been an avid TC supporter but i had more than my fair share of doubts this season. Legit criticism of his tenure here has been that outside of one year, he's never won a playoff game as head coach of the giants, and their poor performance in big games late in the season.

but can anyone think of a better example of why you don't fire coaches OR COORDINATORS during the season (not that you were advocating the same).

Well, even for his wavering fans, he's answered any criticism pretty decisively.

i've always said while its not sexy, the "disiciple first" head coach has more staying power than the player first head coach. they just need to find a way for their players to buy in. Once they do, they're so hard to beat. they win thepenalties battle (or at least tie, excluding stupid calls you can't control), they win the ST battle, they win the turnover battle. When you do that its pretty hard to lose.

Ask Rex Ryan what its like to keep his house of cards from falling when some of the 'passion' of player first coaches starts to waiver...........

[/quote]

BJ putting his arm around TC near the end of the game was one of the highlights of the game for me.

Two criticized Giants.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team.* That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him.** I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season.* When*I heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.

and

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day.* It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for.*

[/quote]

This post actually got me sexually aroused.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I wanted all 3 men gone.

Coughlin I respected, but felt the league had passed him by, that we need new blood.

Killdrive-no need to explain

Fewell-the soft coverage was killing me, and I felt that our secondary had talent but was being used incorrectly.

I still want KG gone, but I'm very happy to eat crow. Win or lose vs SF, Coughlin should never EVER be on the hot seat again. I'll never doubt him again.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

quality poster.

quality thread.

[/quote]

BJ putting his arm around TC near the end of the game was one of the highlights of the game for me.

Two criticized Giants.

[/quote]

that looked like Jacobs making a "mea culpa" speech to coughlin.

that's what happend in 07, guys (led by strahan and pierce) bought into what coughlin was selling.

and its happening again. when jacobs is at the front of that train, you've got something special happening.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team. That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him. I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season. WhenI heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.

and

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day. It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for.

[/quote] This post actually got me sexually aroused.[/quote]

Trust me...I have that effect on most people.

yr the man morehead

have always highly respected you

All-Pro

TC has earned the right to stay if he wishes. So has KG. KG was never a "problem", just not optimal.

Fewell however has been a major problem. I remain unconvinced. It's going to take more than a handful of games to convince me. If Spags is available, I'd take him i a heartbeat.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

quality poster.

quality thread.

[/quote]

Two criticized Giants.

[/quote]
    this^ - I said in another thread that it almost seemed like a father/son thing to me - or maybe older brother/younger brother