Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL and The National Anthem

Front Office, if you read posts on this board now and again, I ask that you strongly consider what I write.

It's evident with each NFL game, especially the Super Bowl, the NFL promotes an ongoing embarrasment for the nation and a lack of respect for the United States and its National Anthem. Not only the NFL but most other sports as well, except the New York Yankees who get it right

Continuing to hire singers who believe the National Anthem is just vehicle for them to entertain and take liberties with the tune and words. And who also make the singing of the Anthem all about them without a stitch of reverance for the US, the once revered National Anthem, and those who serve and who have died to make this nation great.

Turning the National Anthem into some rock song with notes never included in the original and performed by those who do not have the voice for the Anthem's great tune and words, make the US, and the NFL, a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

Yes this past SB was another embarrasment fostered on the nation and to the rest of the watching world. by a supposedly professional and experienced rock singet who couldn't even prepare by memorizing the words she should have known by now.

Is she a citizen or did she drop in from Mars for the occasion?. I would be remiss not to also mention her (awful) rendition that sounded like a room full of rocking chairs rocking on a hundred cat tails.

The NFL should be better than this by now, but it isn't because each year another talentless clown steps into the SB spot light and ruins the National Anthem

I am disgusted with the lack of respect for the National Anthem and the nation by the NFL and by its selection of the soloists who believe they have the right to rewrite the tune and the way it is supposed to be sung by injectiing a style bereft of talent and artistry.

I am sending this to our local newspaper editorial page as well.

Re: NFL and The National Anthem

[quote user="Red Dog"]Front Office, if you read posts on this board now and again, I ask that you strongly consider what I write.

It's evident with each NFL game, especially the Super Bowl, the NFL promotes an ongoing embarrasment for the nation and a lack of respect for the United States and its National Anthem. Not only the NFL but most other sports as well, except the New York Yankees who get it right

Continuing to hire singers who believe the National Anthem is just vehicle for them to entertain and take liberties with the tune and words. And who also make the singing of the Anthem all about them without a stitch of reverance for the US, the once revered National Anthem, and those who serve and who have died to make this nation great.

Turning the National Anthem into some rock song with notes never included in the original and performed by those who do not have the voice for the Anthem's great tune and words, make the US, and the NFL, a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

Yes this past SB was another embarrasment fostered on the nation and to the rest of the watching world. by a supposedly professional and experienced rock singet who couldn't even prepare by memorizing the words she should have known by now.

Is she a citizen or did she drop in from Mars for the occasion?. I would be remiss not to also mention her (awful) rendition that sounded like a room full of rocking chairs rocking on a hundred cat tails.

The NFL should be better than this by now, but it isn't because each year another talentless clown steps into the SB spot light and ruins the National Anthem

I am disgusted with the lack of respect for the National Anthem and the nation by the NFL and by its selection of the soloists who believe they have the right to rewrite the tune and the way it is supposed to be sung by injectiing a style bereft of talent and artistry.

I am sending this to our local newspaper editorial page as well.[/quote]

Oh get over it already,
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

What irony

You americans shall have NO freedom to interpret a song the way you think it should be sung!

I am disgusted by your post.

What so proudly we waaaaaatched...........lmao.....i vote for enrico pollatzo......

[quote user="Red Dog"]Front Office, if you read posts on this board now and again, I ask that you strongly consider what I write.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCc1DzRAgQ

All-Pro

I wouldnt be shocked to see Drake do the national anthem with autotune one of these days...

[quote user="giantsP28"]I wouldnt be shocked to see Drake do the national anthem with autotune one of these days...[/quote]

LMAOOOO!!

this is extremely silly.....

im surprised you didnt write a letter to every school in America about the Pledge of Allegiance and students not saluting the flag properly.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gkBq...eature=related

NOW THIS IS SOMETHING WORSE THAN CHRISTINA

[quote user="YATittle1962"]this is extremely silly.....

im surprised you didnt write a letter to every school in America about the Pledge of Allegiance and students not saluting the flag properly.....[/quote]

You don't salute the flag properly?!

Commie pinko!
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime