+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Officiating...is it that inept, or maybe corrupt?

Watching the past weeks games, ( since the Jets game ) leading into post season, it is obvious that the calls going against the Giants have been questionable at best. The fact that both commentators during the game , Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, publicly announced their disapproval, brought in FOX's "expert" on staff Zebra to conclude the same results, the entire Sports media report today on the blatant "BAD CALLS" by Bill Levy's team in the Packers game, does this in any way raise an alarm to Goodell? Can we have that many idiots on the field at this level of the season making just ' bad calls" ? or is it a more serious problem that may point to corruption of the Officiating system? Should some invetsigation be nade into the Leauge now? Any thoughts? Please refrain from sarcasm, as this to me is a serious matter. I can't fathom how ONE person under a secluded darkened video replay in slow motion, can not see what MILLIONS saw on National TV. Something is very very wrong here.

Re: Officiating...is it that inept, or maybe corrupt?

[quote user="Razur"]Watching the past weeks games, ( since the Jets game ) leading into post season, it is obvious that the calls going against the Giants have been questionable at best. The fact that both commentators during the game , Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, publicly announced their disapproval, brought in FOX's "expert" on staff Zebra to conclude the same results, the entire Sports media report today on the blatant "BAD CALLS" by Bill Levy's team in the Packers game, does this in any way raise an alarm to Goodell? Can we have that many idiots on the field at this level of the season making just ' bad calls" ? or is it a more serious problem that may point to corruption of the Officiating system? Should some invetsigation be nade into the Leauge now? Any thoughts? Please refrain from sarcasm, as this to me is a serious matter. I can't fathom how ONE person under a secluded darkened video replay in slow motion, can not see what MILLIONS saw on National TV. Something is very very wrong here.[/quote]

agreed...

All-Pro

I think it is very ignorant to think that Vegas/$$$$ isnt influencing the calls on the field.

I LIKE CORRUPT,THEY TRYED TO FIX THE GAME!!!!

when there's money involved there's always a chance for corruption.

but there's no pattern to bad call games, and other teams (small market) usually have more of a cause for corruption concerns than teams like us (not that it's impossible that someone's working the system for our loss).

You ask goodell when he's smashed who he would want in the SB and he'll pick the two largest market teams in the NFL every single time.

[quote user="Voldamort"]I LIKE CORRUPT,THEY TRYED TO FIX THE GAME!!!![/quote]

Everybody just stop this nonsense!!!

I'm sure the NFL hates all that extra revenue when a New York team is in the playoffs and/or the Superbowl. Those extra millions upon millions are a real burden to those owners.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran

[quote user="TuckYou"]I think it is very ignorant to think that Vegas/$$$$ isnt influencing the calls on the field.[/quote]

If it was a money/vegas thing, I don't think refs would be blowing huge calls in huge games like this, I think it would be more subtle since they're just trying to shave points to swing a cover/no cover.

[quote user="TuckYou"]I think it is very ignorant to think that Vegas/$$$$ isnt influencing the calls on the field.[/quote]

I hope you meant "naive", becuse I am not ignorant., But to you point that sickens me if that is the case.

Veteran

I'd say inept.

The NFL needs to get into the 21st century. This is a multi-billion dollar industry, this should be a full time position.....right now, it's a contract deal and all these refs are big shot attorneys, bankers, and CEOs.

They should hire ex-football players, and pay them serious cash.

alot of new england fans would agree with you.

there's reems of youtube vidoes explaining our our SB win was fixed by the officials.

if vegas/$$$$$ is influencing games, sometimes its going to be in our favor.