+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J E T S- J E T S

Re: J E T S- J E T S

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I'm guessing offshoot of the Spike Lee Jets/Giants thread

i.e

the Jets were put back in the consciousness of the Boards

that said, it occurred to me 3 things:

1) Metlife Stadium, Giants Stadium Central

2) Cowboys Stadium, Giants Stadium South

3) Lambeau Field, Giants Stadium North

a bit brash but I could care less at this point.
    the
    thing is there are times when being a fan of a Team that seemingly
    never gets kudos, or respect, can be fun to the point of giddy
    silliness.

t<font size="4">he crime is when others are too sour to allow a "fellow fan" his or her moment of genuine joy.
    </font>[/quote]</p>

Joy over what? Making it to a championship game? Isn't that
    whatJets' fansdo -- get excited about just making it to a championship
    game?</p>

</p>[/quote]

you're too serious man. he's a good dude and just happy that the cross-town rivals got assed out before the dance.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]

Candlestick Park to become Giants Stadium West this week?
    [/quote]

maybe not, but the 80s resurrected most likely.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I'm guessing offshoot of the Spike Lee Jets/Giants thread

i.e

the thing is there are times when being a fan of a Team that seemingly never gets kudos, or respect, can be fun to the point of giddy silliness.

t<FONT size=4>he crime is when others are too sour to allow a "fellow fan" his or her moment of genuine joy.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

Joy over what? Making it to a championship game? Isn't that whatJets' fansdo -- get excited about just making it to a championship game?</P>

</P>

[/quote]

<FONT size=4>you're too serious man.</FONT> he's a good dude and just happy that the cross-town rivals got assed out before the dance.

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

lol . . . you may be right . . . .just worried about bad kharma that comes along with gloating. . . . </P>

I hear you...karma

that's why I'm trying to deal lightly with this week's fresh crop of trolls.

but damn they're getting uglier and ruder by the day.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

JETS SUCK SUCK SUCK!
    Rememer when people on ESPN picked Sanchez over eli?
    I still remember them doing that.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

i.e

the thing is there are times when being a fan of a Team that seemingly never gets kudos, or respect, can be fun to the point of giddy silliness.

t<FONT size=4>he crime is when others are too sour to allow a "fellow fan" his or her moment of genuine joy.
    </FONT>[/quote]</P>

Joy over what?* Making it to a championship game?* Isn't that what*Jets' fans*do -- get excited about just making it to a championship game?</P>

*</P>[/quote]

At least the Giants have made it PAST the Championship game four times since the last time the Jets did it in 1969.

Here's hoping for #5!!

[quote user="Giants10Joe"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]I'm guessing offshoot of the Spike Lee Jets/Giants thread

i.e

the crime is when others are too sour to allow a "fellow fan" his or her moment of genuine joy.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I believe this will be the last game played in Candlestick as I thought I heard their new stadium will be ready for next season

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

i.e

</FONT>[/quote]</P>

Joy over what? Making it to a championship game? Isn't that whatJets' fansdo -- get excited about just making it to a championship game?</P>

</P>

[/quote] At least the Giants have made it PAST the Championship game four times since the last time the Jets did it in 1969. Here's hoping for #5!![/quote]I askeda reasonable Jetfriend about this very topic of "making it to the conference championship game" being such a source of pride for them (which most of us don't understand). He said that they have been so starved for any success for so long that it means alot to them. He said that just playing in January felt so good compared to the normal crash and burn ending they had become used to. </P>

BTW Sanchez is running very short on time to show whether his on field play can match his fashion spreads. He learned from the worst possilbementor in media starved Rex. He desparately needs a grown up in that locker room to show him how a true professional handles themself in the off season, during practice, on game day etc.</P>
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]I askeda reasonable Jetfriend about this very topic of "making it to the conference championship game" being such a source of pride for them (which most of us don't understand). He said that they have been so starved for any success for so long that it means alot to them. He said that just playing in January felt so good compared to the normal crash and burn ending they had become used to.[/quote]

This. That franchise has been so snake-bitten that they have bites on their bites. It's a litany of tragic failures for them, an endless parade of unthinkable waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop paranoia and persecution.

Much like the Eagles, this makes them lose all perspective and over-celebrate moral victories because that's the only kind they get.

I can name several dozen of these "Same Old Jets" moments -- some of my favorite all-timers would be:

<ul>[*]Was it 2009, last game of the season for the AFC East title at home against the Dolphins, they lose to the QB they discarded (Chad Pennington) to get Brett Favre. [*]Bill Belichick was their head coach for 24 hours. Took the job when Parcells stepped down, resigned one day later. Only went on to win 3 SBs in New England while the Jets were in a tailspin for a decade.[*]The Marino "fake spike" game in the 90s -- kicking the Dolphins' asses in a romp when they allow the comeback. Marino leads a drive downfield with time running out and no time outs, he motions like he's going to spike the ball to kill the clock somewhere around the 20 and instead throws the game-winning TD.[*]In 1986 they were in the playoffs and beating Cleveland when Gastineau commits the worst, stupidest personal foul after a play is over, which keeps Cleveland's drive alive and they win the game.[/list]

</p>

They live with that kind of jinx all the time. So of course they've lost all perspective when it comes to success.
    </p>
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

i.e

</FONT>[/quote]</P>

Joy over what?* Making it to a championship game?* Isn't that what*Jets' fans*do -- get excited about just making it to a championship game?</P>

*</P>

[/quote]

<FONT size=4>you're too serious man.*</FONT> he's a good dude and just happy that the cross-town rivals got assed out before the dance.

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

lol . . . you may be right . . . .just worried about bad kharma that comes along with gloating*. . . .* </P>[/quote]Sorry, didn't mean to change any positive Kharma with this one. I have watched this team go through 4 nfc champs and 3 sb's. We will not be denied(and I said that before Rolle)

It's on me, I'm so sick of the Jet's constantly creating issues with NYG, when all we do is mind our business and take care of our business.

Point made today...Rex Ryan has the nerve to take credit for NYG turnaround based on Rex's idiotic comments. I just want the Jets to disappear from the newspapers and media completely. This is our time to bask in the spotlight, we have earned that right.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="jomo"]I askeda reasonable Jetfriend about this very topic of "making it to the conference championship game" being such a source of pride for them (which most of us don't understand). He said that they have been so starved for any success for so long that it means alot to them. He said that just playing in January felt so good compared to the normal crash and burn ending they had become used to.[/quote]

This. That franchise has been so snake-bitten that they have bites on their bites. It's a litany of tragic failures for them, an endless parade of unthinkable waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop paranoia and persecution.

Much like the Eagles, this makes them lose all perspective and over-celebrate moral victories because that's the only kind they get.

I can name several dozen of these "Same Old Jets" moments -- some of my favorite all-timers would be:

<UL>
    <LI>Was it 2009, last game of the season for the AFC East title at home against the Dolphins, they lose to the QB they discarded (Chad Pennington) to get Brett Favre.

<LI>Bill Belichick was their head coach for 24 hours. Took the job when Parcells stepped down, resigned one day later. Only went on to win 3 SBs in New England while the Jets were in a tailspin for a decade.
    <LI>The Marino "fake spike" game in the 90s -- kicking the Dolphins' asses in a romp when they allow the comeback. Marino leads a drive downfield with time running out and no time outs, he motions like he's going to spike the ball to kill the clock somewhere around the 20 and instead throws the game-winning TD.
    <LI>In 1986 they were in the playoffs and beating Cleveland when Gastineau commits the worst, stupidest personal foul after a play is over, which keeps Cleveland's drive alive and they win the game.</LI>[/list]

</P>

They live with that kind of jinx all the time. So of course they've lost all perspective when it comes to success.
    </P>[/quote]Totally agree, that's why I think that the talk of Peyton may lead them to another one of these off the cliff plunges when they rearrange everything and plunk down a king's ransom for a guy who's bad neck never allows him to deliver the goods.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread