Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden dead

Re: Bin Laden dead

I hope his bullet ridden body is feeding all kinds of nasty sea critters at the bottom of the ocean!

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Today is a day to rejoice.
    [/quote]</P>

Amen..</P>

</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Ghost"][quote user="rainierjef"]2 things 1. this is not something to be overly happy about yeah im glad a know terrorist is dead and glad that hes a figure head for the group but if you know terrorist cells their like hydras take one head of one grows back even more angry. there will be retaliation. just be safe please read all warnings and watch the threat levels, please please can not stress this report anything that you see suspicious avoid rush hour if your in ny if you can. i would hate to come one here and hear that a poster, fellow giant fan was hurt in a terrorist act of vengeance. 2. what does this have to do with football?[/quote] Football is the great American pastime, and we are Americans,. Thats what it has to do with football.
    [/quote] that makes no sense were on this board to talk football, giants in particular bin ladin dying has nothing to do with how we prepare for the eagles this year. there are other forums and formats for this type of discussion. im all about patriotism im in the armed forces but it aint giants related it should be moved..[/quote]</P>

There are some things that are transcendent events that allow for a temporary lapse of the rules. I'm no Mod, but thisstrikes me asone such event. Bin Laden was the mastermind and leader of the terroristgroup that launched the most devestating attacks on American soil since Pearl Harbor... </P>

I think the news of his death is deserving of having a thread in the most viewed section of the New York Giants message board, especially when considering that many Giants fans are New Yorkers and were directly effected by this scumbag's actions. It'd be different if there were a million threads about, in that case you'd have a point, but it seems everyone has kept it under control and have just used this one thread. And where should it be moved? As a general rule, the Mods don't allow any kind of political/religious talk (this kind of fits into both to certain degrees). There really isn't another section that would be any more fitting...</P>

Yes, Al-Qaeda will likely attempt to retalliate. But, consider this, do you think they were just waiting around until we found and killed Bin Laden to do something? Fact is, unless any of us work in the intelligence or counter-terrorism fields, we have no idea of how many attacks/plans have been thwarted already, or even the slightest idea of Al-Qaeda's readiness level/ability to launch even a simple series of attacks in retaliation.</P>

All-Pro

BRING HOME THE TROOPS..

Good post. Also lets not forget people that this also affected our head coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6466005

So this also has alot 2 do with our Giants team.

All-Pro

[quote user="Chaosist"]

And where should it be moved? As a general rule, the Mods don't allow any kind of political/religious talk (this kind of fits into both to certain degrees). There really isn't another section that would be any more fitting...</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I guess the powers that be thought it would fit best in the Entertainment section, lol.</P>

[quote user="Chaosist"]

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Ghost"][quote user="rainierjef"]2 things 1. this is not something to be overly happy about yeah im glad a know terrorist is dead and glad that hes a figure head for the group but if you know terrorist cells their like hydras take one head of one grows back even more angry. there will be retaliation. just be safe please read all warnings and watch the threat levels, please please can not stress this report anything that you see suspicious avoid rush hour if your in ny if you can. i would hate to come one here and hear that a poster, fellow giant fan was hurt in a terrorist act of vengeance. 2. what does this have to do with football?[/quote] Football is the great American pastime, and we are Americans,. Thats what it has to do with football.
    [/quote] that makes no sense were on this board to talk football, giants in particular bin ladin dying has nothing to do with how we prepare for the eagles this year. there are other forums and formats for this type of discussion. im all about patriotism im in the armed forces but it aint giants related it should be moved..[/quote]</P>

There are some things that are transcendent events that allow for a temporary lapse of the rules. I'm no Mod, but this*strikes me as*one such event. Bin Laden was the mastermind and leader of the terrorist*group that launched the most devestating attacks on American soil since Pearl Harbor... </P>

I think the news of his death is deserving of having a thread in the most viewed section of the New York Giants message board, especially when considering that many Giants fans are New Yorkers and were directly effected by this scumbag's actions. It'd be different if there were a million threads about, in that case you'd have a point, but it seems everyone has kept it under control and have just used this one thread. And where should it be moved? As a general rule, the Mods don't allow any kind of political/religious talk (this kind of fits into both to certain degrees). There really isn't another section that would be any more fitting...</P>

Yes, Al-Qaeda will likely attempt to retalliate. But, consider this, do you think they were just waiting around until we found and killed Bin Laden to do something? Fact is, unless any of us work in the intelligence or counter-terrorism fields, we have no idea of how many attacks/plans have been thwarted already, or even the slightest idea of Al-Qaeda's readiness level/ability to launch even a simple series of attacks in retaliation.*</P>[/quote]

Very well said.

Further to your last point, according to news reports over the past few years, most if not all of the scores of thwarted terrorist attempts--against Americans and all other Western citizens-- have proven to come from cell groups/leaders outside of bin Laden's direct supervision and influence.

So, while this event was necessary, of limitless symbolic significance, and appreciated by all Western peoples, most especially by all Americans, the fear of any special retaliation is unnecessary and irrelevant. The threat of terrorist action is as high as it was before yesterday.

Stay vigilant.

[quote user="Chaosist"].

Yes, Al-Qaeda will likely attempt to retalliate. But, consider this, do you think they were just waiting around until we found and killed Bin Laden to do something? Fact is, unless any of us work in the intelligence or counter-terrorism fields, we have no idea of how many attacks/plans have been thwarted already, or even the slightest idea of Al-Qaeda's readiness level/ability to launch even a simple series of attacks in retaliation.</p>[/quote]

According to Donald Rumsfeld, we have intelligence that indicates that there would be attacks in the event of his capture or death. But like you said, who knows what their capabilities are right now.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Bench Player

I happen to be from Missouri - the "show me" state . Why would they claim to have killed Bin Laden, then taken the body to be "buried at sea", "according to his wishes"? Does he deserve his wishes to be honored? And what is this "Muslim tradition" that for some reason needed to be adhered to? Did that have something to do with burying the first day before midnight passed? It all seems rather convenient to me Sort of like a deal was struck to "pretend to be dead" and we'll let you live in peace. I could be wrong but I just find it odd that there is only a supposed DNA test to confirm his identity.
    If Jesus arrived for the Second Coming and literally nobody saw him, does that convince anybody?

[quote user="OsiStrahan#1combo"]Good post. Also lets not forget people that this also affected our head coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6466005

So this also has alot 2 do with our Giants team.
    [/quote]</P>

Another long time Giant [player and announcer]and fan favorite , the late**** Lynch suffered unspeakable grief on 9/11...........please readthe following</P>

The Lynches have six children and nine grandchildren. They were slammed by tragedy on 9/11, when their son, Richard, was killed in the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center. Somehow, Lynch found the courage to broadcast the game when the Giants returned to action in Kansas City just 12 days later.</P>

"It was the toughest thing I ever had to do," Lynch said.</P>

"I don't think **** ever got over that," Huff said.</P>

At Arrowhead Stadium, he commiserated with Newsday Columnist Shaun Powell, whose brother was killed at the Pentagon on 9/11</P>

"Thank God they gave the week off because I wouldn't have shown up," Lynch said. "I did meet Shaun Powell, who had lost his brother. He and I met and we cried together. It was horrible, it was a tough experience and I really felt like I was on fire. We will never be beaten by terrorists, and I just wanted to let him know and my family know that we were going to move on and do it in their honor. You have to go ahead, you have to take that step forward. You can't stay back. If I had stayed back, maybe I'd be in a closet. I couldn't do it and I felt like I owed it to everyone to be there."</P>

</P>