Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why all the hatin on Briggs?

Why all the hatin on Briggs?

I don't wany any yelling or insulting either way, keep things civil!

How come everyone is so against the Giants trading for Briggs? Now i don't think this deal is going to happen, but I would love to see it happen for say, this years 1st and 4th, or this years 1st and a pick next year. My reasoning for this is that the draft is always a gamble, and I would rather have a young, proven pro bowl linebacker in Briggs than an unproven player from the draft. I understand the team isn't a player away from being a super bowl contender, but it would certainly improve the defense. Thoughts?

Re: Why all the hatin on Briggs?

The one thing i worry about is Briggs being a product of that defense. Standing next to urlacher, anyone would look good. Thats why I believe we should go for the draft instead.

[quote user="Gmen2005"]The one thing i worry about is Briggs being a product of that defense. Standing next to urlacher, anyone would look good. Thats why I believe we should go for the draft instead.
    [/quote]

That's probably one of the biggest arguments people will have, but Urlacher has been incredible for years now, and I don't remember any of his other line backers getting thekind of recognition Briggs is. I think Briggs deserves the benefit of the doubt, he's definetly a playmaker

[quote user="Eli for MVP"]

I don't wany any yelling or insulting either way, keep things civil!

How come everyone is so against the Giants trading for Briggs? Now i don't think this deal is going to happen, but I would love to see it happen for say, this years 1st and 4th, or this years 1st and a pick next year. My reasoning for this is that the draft is always a gamble, and I would rather have a young, proven pro bowl linebacker in Briggs than an unproven player from the draft. I understand the team isn't a player away from being a super bowl contender, but it would certainly improve the defense. Thoughts?

[/quote]

I just think he would be too costly and it's just not worth the price.
    Even though the draft is a gamble...maybe we will find our own little Briggs and build for the future?

I dunno..that's just me.
    Reese is the one in charge. [:P]

[quote user="Eli for MVP"]

[quote user="Gmen2005"]The one thing i worry about is Briggs being a product of that defense. Standing next to urlacher, anyone would look good. Thats why I believe we should go for the draft instead.
    [/quote]

That's* probably one of the biggest arguments people will have, but Urlacher has been incredible for years now, and I don't remember any of his other line backers getting the*kind of recognition Briggs is. I think Briggs deserves the benefit of the doubt, he's definetly a playmaker

[/quote]

That's an excellent point! I never thought of it that way and you are right with your assesment.

[/quote]
    ok, well Hunter Hillenmeyer plays the Sam on that D, how come his name isnt soo well known and how come he doesnt put up great stats?

but i only object to the Briggs trade because they want like our 1st and 3rd this year or more and there's no way i'd do that. maybe just our first, but thats it

I thought most people think he will want way too much money.

[/quote]

So the Pats made a mistake signing Adelius Thomas? He was next to Ray Lewis his whole career.

i just think hes not worth the huge contract that he wants. First off an outside linebacker in a 4-3 (especially weakside) doesnt have that big of a role in the overall defense to justify a huge contract(this is why you see good teams with a 4-3 defense go through outside linebackers like sticks of gum). Second off like you said we arent 1 player away from a super bowl so it wouldnt be prudent to invest 50 million dollars in some one before we have our other holes fixed.

[quote user="GiantsInSB38"][quote user="Gmen2005"]The one thing i worry about is Briggs being a product of that defense. Standing next to urlacher, anyone would look good. Thats why I believe we should go for the draft instead.
    [/quote]

So the Pats made a mistake signing Adelius Thomas? He was next to Ray Lewis his whole career.
    [/quote]

I totally agree with you I would love the giants to get Lance Briggs and i dont undersatnd why u all bashed Resse for not going after him before but now there is a chance he might u all hate it i just dont get it

Closed Thread