+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 12-13 Draft Film Room

Re: 2012 Draft Film Room

[quote user="juice33s"]Is it just me or does Bruce Irvin have Von Miller type potential. IF WVU finds a way to get him on the field all 4 downs (shouldn't be too hard) I could see him going as high as top 10
    [/quote]Yeah he is supposed to get a heavy increase in snaps this year from what Ive read. He will be a guy to watch for sure. I just dont know how he will hold up when teams start power running at him. Is he going to be able to stand up against a 320 pound pulling Olineman or is he going to be able to hold the point of attackwhen double teamed. WV plays a 3-3-5 as well so it should be interesting to see what there thinking with him. I just cant imagine them liningupa 230lb DE in an odd man front. Some type of hybrid role where he is moved around would seem to make the most sense. He was originally a LB so playing him off the line on running downs would seem to be a good idea

Here's an interesting looking prospect....Robert Griffin III, QB for Baylor. Looks like a legit dual threat whose coming off a very solid jr season. He's got a live arm that completed 67% of his passes last season and a pair of legs that were good enough to make him an All-American track star in high school.

More Griffin highlights
    As a freshmen

As a red shirt Soph showing he's still got plenty of speed to burn after an acl tear

Kind of reminds me of Vince Young and Randall Cunningham

I was planning on doing a vid with him

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I was planning on doing a vid with him[/quote]
    Please do, he seems like a very intriguing player (Already graduated college and says wants to attend law school)

Here's him as a sophomore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozzERd-boi8 seems mature beyond his years.

Lavonte David vs Kansas State and Texas A&M

This Denard vid kind of sucks he just wasnt involved in many plays. I just wanted to get something up with him

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Marcus Forston vs Notre Dame[/quote]
    Other then Crick (who I think is better suited as a 3/4 DE) this seems to be a pretty underwhelming DT class. Top rank guys like Worthy and Forston don't even measure up to 2011 2nd rounders Paea and Austin

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Marcus Forston vs Notre Dame[/quote]
    Other then Crick (who I think is better suited as a 3/4 DE) this seems to be a pretty underwhelming DT class. Top rank guys like Worthy and Forston don't even measure up to 2011 2nd rounders Paea and Austin
    [/quote]

Yeah that seems to be the prevailing opinion on the draft sites. The only thing is before this season Fairly,Liguet and Nevis didnt exactly light it up either. Marcus Forston I could see being pretty good.He gets into the backfield often enough to cause problems. Kheeston Randall of Texas has pass rush upside similar to 2009 draft pick Lamar Houston, Im thinking 6 or 7 sacks. Worthy has the agility and the physicaltools U look for from a dominant inside player but his moments have been few and far between. Devon Still of Penn State has his moments. He played pretty well against Alabama and Florida. He may end up as a 3-4 end but he has a wide strong upper body that could lend himself to play inside in the NFL at DT. I expect a big year from Still. Damion Square of Alabama has been surprisingly under the radar . He may be more of a 3-4 end but he plays inside at DT when they come with 4 man fronts. I think he will have a big time season andpick up the slack from Dareus as the interior pass rusher for the Tide defense.

Robert Griffin III vs Illinois 2010

I will probably do 1 more of him

Dre Kirkpatrick vs Penn State 2010

Misplayed a few balls in this vid and got bailed out by Barron. He isgoing up against an underrated WR Derek Moye

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Robert Griffin III vs Illinois 2010

I will probably do 1 more of him

[/quote]
    Keep in mind that Griffin was still only a year or so removed from an ACL injury, but having said that I think he's more fast then quick as a runner. As a QB I think he has a solid arm (some of those fade away throws showed impressive strength on his part). He also obviously has the mental capacity to play the position (graduated with a double major in 3 years).

I'm expecting big things from him this year, I think he's a dark horse to be invited to New York for the Heisman ceremony

+ Reply to Thread