+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: 12-13 Draft Film Room

Re: 2012 Draft Film Room

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya I don't really notice a huge lack of arM strength either Sure its not like hes got JaMarcus Russell ArM strength but hes got enough of a arM to be successful in that aspect thats for sure I liken hiM to Andy Dalton a kid who is just very sMart and savy and is just good at football There is way to Many stupid players in the NFL where a player that has savy and sMarts and anticipates and can flat out fool defenders is going to succeed Sure dalton weighs upwards to 20lbs on kellen and has a inch or 2 on hiM but i think Moore can be every bit as successful and people May be suprised at Kellen's success given a chance Then again he could never be given a chance SoMetiMes it happens like that as well Theres probably 10000000 players who never were given chances who can play in this league because of so called liMitations but then guys like Wayne Chrebet Wes Welker Drew Brees JiM Leohnard Doug Flutie Danny Woodhead Steve Largent and others are lucky enough to get a chance and people are like "hey these guys can play!" To be honest i think it Makes for a better league when u add good football players like that to the league because right now its watered down with way to Many flat out "DUMB" players but they have the size and ht and so called NFL bodies
    [/quote]
    Last year, well prior to the draft, well before he had a good senior bowl or combine I said I thought some team was going to fall in love with Christain Ponder. Watching Moore, I get the same feeling. In a way he reminds me a lot of Ponder. He has the same type of accuracy and has an underated arm. I dont like his throwing motion as much as Ponders. But its not a bad 1 either. He also doesnt hold onto the ball too long like Ponder sometimes did.

The 1 knock on him is his height. But, I dont buy it in his case for a couple reasons:

1) Watch his highlights and you will see him do 1 thing better than most NFL vets. He ALWAYS looks defenders off. You just dont see this kid stare down recievers. This makes it very difficult for tall defensive lineman to bat his throws down. He will look right, look mid, and dump it off left instantly. The Poor D-lineman dont have a chance to get their hands up cause they cant read his eyes.

2) He isnt a runner by nature but he has decent mobility. Like Doug Flutie, like Drew Breeze and since he is a left especially like Steve Young and mike Vick, he is mobile enough to find the passing lanes by putting himself in position quickly. Without being overly technical about why, being left handed helps him as a shorter QB too. Mostly because the upfield rushers are usually lined up on the left side. It gives an extra demention of defensive scheme to counter lefty QBs.
    [/quote]

Im not going to keep arguning this because it just goes around in circles I see what would be the weakest arm in the NFL out there and all the anticipation in the world isnt going to cover it up. His ability to read defenses could be invaluable to a team though and it may allow him to have a good career as an NFL back up but a franchise signal calling QB he is not. U guys keep bringing up Drew Brees he is nothing like Drew Brees.Yes Brees is short but he doesnt have all the other short comings. Pennington had a weak arm after 3 arm surgeries but he wasnt 5'11 with horrible mechanics.While all these other QB's might have 1 negative they dont run the gamut like Moore does.Wouldnt surprise me if he ended up being a great clipboard holder though because of his mind

Here look at this this guy put up a great piece on why Kellen is not a franchise QB. Before u say its Bleacher Report the guy has real credentials he isnt some hack and I agree with everything he points at.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...fl-quarterback

Thats a disaster in the NFL. U dont have the same room to throw in the NFL as college.There will be bodies all around him.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]I thought Moore is 6'1? If his height is listed correctly then yes he is comparable to all 3 as he is a tad taller than brees and flutie and a tad shorter than Chad. I'm nit like some I don't see a HUGE advantage of 3 inches in height. You can play or you can't and I really feel ge can. His weight is a concern and like you I'd like to see a little more power in his throws but I love this kid as a development for a west coast offense.[/quote]i totally agree/ Hes got the It factor that u can't teach/ Redeye will always be a "specific HT/WT/Strength/Speed" or your not aking it guy LOL I think Kellen has a chance to slip through the cracks and go in RD 5 because people don't want to iss out on a possible future WINNER
    [/quote]If I was just taking his height and weight into consideration I wouldnt like Aaron Murray. Moore can not spin the ball. He has no velocity on his throws thats a major problem for a QB in the NFL. Kellen Moore is nothing like Drew Brees or Chad Pennington watch the intermediate throws he has nowhere near the pace on his ball. He also has a rather big hitch in his throw. Wasted motion , no pace on his throws, no mobility, and yes he is extremely undersized.He is not 6'1". He is listed at 6'0 on Boise States site which means he is most likely 5'11. I love how Brees name comes up everytime an undersized QB puts up numbers. Here are some names that are closer to the Truth Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrel these guys are more like Moores tape but everyone focus on the one guy thatsgreat not the 100's that are out of the NFL without ever taking a regular season snap. Seriously whats more likely Kellen Moore is Drew Brees? or what Im saying and Kellen Moore is Colt Brennan?[/quote]protypical qb numbers are great but what he has is an outstanding football IQ and can read a defense as good as any ive seen. If he is 5'11 that would really suck because nobody will look at him.
    [/quote]

Its not just his height again why dont u guys understand that. Yes he is short but look how he throws the ball. Aaron Murray is 6'0" tall but he has a very high quick delivery. Kellen Moore brings the ball down before bringing it back up to throw the football. This makes for a very long, very low extended release.This will lead to turnovers and believe it or not those extra100th's of a secondsmake a huge deal in the NFL . College QB's get huge amounts of space and time to throw the football . He gets nice large throwing lanes to throw through at Boise these dont exist in the NFL. Its one thing to be accurate when u have window its another to throw the ball over a blitzing LB.On tape u can see Mooreis very good at reading collegedefenses to anticipate openings.Its his best trait andcould allow him to get a backup job in the NFL. It will certainly allow him to play in the UFL or CFL.In the NFL the game moves at 3 times the pacegetting by on anticipation alone is not enoughU need to be able to spin it and this is where Kellen Moore is at his weakest. Kellen can simply not make all the throws that are needed to be a starting NFL QB. Even in a West Coast offense he simply does not put enough velocity on the ball. He can not drive the ball through coverage in tight windows that are needed to be a West Coast QB . Could he be drafted? Probably, Someone will take him in the 6th round. His ability to read a defense will be helpful as a clipboard holder. How about he could be Ty Detmer if everything breaks his way how does that sound is that a fair grade. He played 14 years as a back up

[/quote] again i dissagree I think if he is given a chance he will adapt to the league and learn how to succeed because i honestly believe hes just flat out good at the game of football and will simply succeed because of it I'm not all about the this and that all the time with prospects sometimes i just have a feeling about players and often i've been correct about them We shall see but i gurantee hes drafted and i think probably between 3rd-5th round area before the 6th
    [/quote]Yeah you might be right about the round. If Colt Brennan was drafted in the 6th he may go higher . He is better then Brennan.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Vontaze Burfict vs Illinois 2011[/quote]U guys look at this. His tape has been meh the 2 games ive seen[/quote]yeah i have noticed that. starting to wonder if he is injured cause to me it looks like he's lost a step. idk what it is but he hasnt had that fir that ive loved to see out of him. maybe he is just trying to hard to play disciplined instead of just playing? idk man
    [/quote]

Im starting to doubt he will even come out this year. His play this season so far does not warrant a first round grade. I like Burfict thought he was going to take the next step this season. Im pretty disappointed by what ive seen

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya I don't really notice a huge lack of arM strength either Sure its not like hes got JaMarcus Russell ArM strength but hes got enough of a arM to be successful in that aspect thats for sure I liken hiM to Andy Dalton a kid who is just very sMart and savy and is just good at football There is way to Many stupid players in the NFL where a player that has savy and sMarts and anticipates and can flat out fool defenders is going to succeed Sure dalton weighs upwards to 20lbs on kellen and has a inch or 2 on hiM but i think Moore can be every bit as successful and people May be suprised at Kellen's success given a chance Then again he could never be given a chance SoMetiMes it happens like that as well Theres probably 10000000 players who never were given chances who can play in this league because of so called liMitations but then guys like Wayne Chrebet Wes Welker Drew Brees JiM Leohnard Doug Flutie Danny Woodhead Steve Largent and others are lucky enough to get a chance and people are like "hey these guys can play!" To be honest i think it Makes for a better league when u add good football players like that to the league because right now its watered down with way to Many flat out "DUMB" players but they have the size and ht and so called NFL bodies
    [/quote]
    Last year, well prior to the draft, well before he had a good senior bowl or combine I said I thought some team was going to fall in love with Christain Ponder. Watching Moore, I get the same feeling. In a way he reminds me a lot of Ponder. He has the same type of accuracy and has an underated arm. I dont like his throwing motion as much as Ponders. But its not a bad 1 either. He also doesnt hold onto the ball too long like Ponder sometimes did.

The 1 knock on him is his height. But, I dont buy it in his case for a couple reasons:

1) Watch his highlights and you will see him do 1 thing better than most NFL vets. He ALWAYS looks defenders off. You just dont see this kid stare down recievers. This makes it very difficult for tall defensive lineman to bat his throws down. He will look right, look mid, and dump it off left instantly. The Poor D-lineman dont have a chance to get their hands up cause they cant read his eyes.

2) He isnt a runner by nature but he has decent mobility. Like Doug Flutie, like Drew Breeze and since he is a left especially like Steve Young and mike Vick, he is mobile enough to find the passing lanes by putting himself in position quickly. Without being overly technical about why, being left handed helps him as a shorter QB too. Mostly because the upfield rushers are usually lined up on the left side. It gives an extra demention of defensive scheme to counter lefty QBs.
    [/quote]

Im not going to keep arguning this because it just goes around in circles I see what would be the weakest arm in the NFL out there and all the anticipation in the world isnt going to cover it up. His ability to read defenses could be invaluable to a team though and it may allow him to have a good career as an NFL back up but a franchise signal calling QB he is not. U guys keep bringing up Drew Brees he is nothing like Drew Brees.Yes Brees is short but he doesnt have all the other short comings. Pennington had a weak arm after 3 arm surgeries but he wasnt 5'11 with horrible mechanics.While all these other QB's might have 1 negative they dont run the gamut like Moore does.Wouldnt surprise me if he ended up being a great clipboard holder though because of his mind

Here look at this this guy put up a great piece on why Kellen is not a franchise QB. Before u say its Bleacher Report the guy has real credentials he isnt some hack and I agree with everything he points at.

Thats a disaster in the NFL. U dont have the same room to throw in the NFL as college.There will be bodies all around him.

[/quote]

Not arguing but here's another undersized, weak armed, 3rd round QB.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not arguing but here's another undersized, weak armed, 3rd round QB.

[/quote]

Montana was 6' 2" and was great but u guys realize even from Montanas time the players have gotten much bigger and faster. The average lineman is 30 pounds heavier now then they were in Montans prime. Jim Burt for example was a 260 pound NT. Are own LT was 6'3"237compared to Demarcus Ware who is 6'4" 260.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] U think what u want I'll be sitting back laughing when hes throwing Bee Bee's in the NFL I don't see anything but a nice rifle arm in tapes i've seen Dude can make every throw no problem I hope the Giants draft him in RD 5 I'd love to have this kid! Tell BSU's Kellen Moore and his 507 Yard Passing Day...e

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] U think what u want I'll be sitting back laughing when hes throwing Bee Bee's in the NFL I don't see anything but a nice rifle arm in tapes i've seen Dude can make every throw no problem I hope the Giants draft him in RD 5 I'd love to have this kid! Tell BSU's Kellen Moore and his 507 Yard Passing Day...e[/quote]LOL riflearm he floats 15 yard throws there no velocity at all. Even his biggest supporters will admit he has a below average arm

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] U think what u want I'll be sitting back laughing when hes throwing Bee Bee's in the NFL I don't see anything but a nice rifle arm in tapes i've seen Dude can make every throw no problem I hope the Giants draft him in RD 5 I'd love to have this kid! Tell BSU's Kellen Moore and his 507 Yard Passing Day...e[/quote]LOL riflearm he floats 15 yard throws there no velocity at all. Even his biggest supporters will admit he has a below average arm[/quote] look at the tape if thats not rifling it in there then what is? He can make all the throws touch throws fit into a tight spot the only thing he can't probably do is throw the ball 60yrds through the air So what? Watch the tapes where are u seeing anything but a nice arm? maybe your mistaking his touch on some passes for weak arm but this kid wings in there just like anyone else

just watch that tape at 30sec's 43sec's 1:01 1:17 1:25 1:32 1:34 and the best one where he throws it 54 yrds and hits his WR in stride at 2:02 The guys arm is fine especially for all the other stuff like his smarts mobility accuracy and moxy

+ Reply to Thread