+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: 12-13 Draft Film Room

Re: 2012 Draft Film Room

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya I don't really notice a huge lack of arM strength either Sure its not like hes got JaMarcus Russell ArM strength but hes got enough of a arM to be successful in that aspect thats for sure I liken hiM to Andy Dalton a kid who is just very sMart and savy and is just good at football There is way to Many stupid players in the NFL where a player that has savy and sMarts and anticipates and can flat out fool defenders is going to succeed Sure dalton weighs upwards to 20lbs on kellen and has a inch or 2 on hiM but i think Moore can be every bit as successful and people May be suprised at Kellen's success given a chance Then again he could never be given a chance SoMetiMes it happens like that as well Theres probably 10000000 players who never were given chances who can play in this league because of so called liMitations but then guys like Wayne Chrebet Wes Welker Drew Brees JiM Leohnard Doug Flutie Danny Woodhead Steve Largent and others are lucky enough to get a chance and people are like "hey these guys can play!" To be honest i think it Makes for a better league when u add good football players like that to the league because right now its watered down with way to Many flat out "DUMB" players but they have the size and ht and so called NFL bodies
    [/quote]
    Last year, well prior to the draft, well before he had a good senior bowl or combine I said I thought some team was going to fall in love with Christain Ponder. Watching Moore, I get the same feeling. In a way he reminds me a lot of Ponder. He has the same type of accuracy and has an underated arm. I dont like his throwing motion as much as Ponders. But its not a bad 1 either. He also doesnt hold onto the ball too long like Ponder sometimes did.

The 1 knock on him is his height. But, I dont buy it in his case for a couple reasons:

1) Watch his highlights and you will see him do 1 thing better than most NFL vets. He ALWAYS looks defenders off. You just dont see this kid stare down recievers. This makes it very difficult for tall defensive lineman to bat his throws down. He will look right, look mid, and dump it off left instantly. The Poor D-lineman dont have a chance to get their hands up cause they cant read his eyes.

2) He isnt a runner by nature but he has decent mobility. Like Doug Flutie, like Drew Breeze and since he is a left especially like Steve Young and mike Vick, he is mobile enough to find the passing lanes by putting himself in position quickly. Without being overly technical about why, being left handed helps him as a shorter QB too. Mostly because the upfield rushers are usually lined up on the left side. It gives an extra demention of defensive scheme to counter lefty QBs.
    [/quote]

Im not going to keep arguning this because it just goes around in circles I see what would be the weakest arm in the NFL out there and all the anticipation in the world isnt going to cover it up. His ability to read defenses could be invaluable to a team though and it may allow him to have a good career as an NFL back up but a franchise signal calling QB he is not. U guys keep bringing up Drew Brees he is nothing like Drew Brees.Yes Brees is short but he doesnt have all the other short comings. Pennington had a weak arm after 3 arm surgeries but he wasnt 5'11 with horrible mechanics.While all these other QB's might have 1 negative they dont run the gamut like Moore does.Wouldnt surprise me if he ended up being a great clipboard holder though because of his mind

Here look at this this guy put up a great piece on why Kellen is not a franchise QB. Before u say its Bleacher Report the guy has real credentials he isnt some hack and I agree with everything he points at.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...fl-quarterback

Thats a disaster in the NFL. U dont have the same room to throw in the NFL as college.There will be bodies all around him.

[/quote] U think what u want I'll be sitting back laughing when hes throwing Bee Bee's in the NFL I don't see anything but a nice rifle arm in tapes i've seen Dude can make every throw no problem I hope the Giants draft him in RD 5 I'd love to have this kid! Tell BSU's Kellen Moore and his 507 Yard Passing Day...e[/quote]LOL riflearm he floats 15 yard throws there no velocity at all. Even his biggest supporters will admit he has a below average arm[/quote] look at the tape if thats not rifling it in there then what is? He can make all the throws touch throws fit into a tight spot the only thing he can't probably do is throw the ball 60yrds through the air So what? Watch the tapes where are u seeing anything but a nice arm? maybe your mistaking his touch on some passes for weak arm but this kid wings in there just like anyone else
    [/quote]Im not responding to any more Moore posts after this because it could go on forever butyour actually in the minority of seeing anything but a weak arm. Its not how far u throw it its how hard as well.He puts air under the majority of his throws its really clear as day.U have to be able to beat DB's to spots with throws in the NFL and with his arm and poor mechanics it doesnt look good.. U might be right about the draft part though. Tebow got picked in the first round sowho knows what 1 team might think

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya I don't really notice a huge lack of arM strength either Sure its not like hes got JaMarcus Russell ArM strength but hes got enough of a arM to be successful in that aspect thats for sure I liken hiM to Andy Dalton a kid who is just very sMart and savy and is just good at football There is way to Many stupid players in the NFL where a player that has savy and sMarts and anticipates and can flat out fool defenders is going to succeed Sure dalton weighs upwards to 20lbs on kellen and has a inch or 2 on hiM but i think Moore can be every bit as successful and people May be suprised at Kellen's success given a chance Then again he could never be given a chance SoMetiMes it happens like that as well Theres probably 10000000 players who never were given chances who can play in this league because of so called liMitations but then guys like Wayne Chrebet Wes Welker Drew Brees JiM Leohnard Doug Flutie Danny Woodhead Steve Largent and others are lucky enough to get a chance and people are like "hey these guys can play!" To be honest i think it Makes for a better league when u add good football players like that to the league because right now its watered down with way to Many flat out "DUMB" players but they have the size and ht and so called NFL bodies
    [/quote]
    Last year, well prior to the draft, well before he had a good senior bowl or combine I said I thought some team was going to fall in love with Christain Ponder. Watching Moore, I get the same feeling. In a way he reminds me a lot of Ponder. He has the same type of accuracy and has an underated arm. I dont like his throwing motion as much as Ponders. But its not a bad 1 either. He also doesnt hold onto the ball too long like Ponder sometimes did.

The 1 knock on him is his height. But, I dont buy it in his case for a couple reasons:

1) Watch his highlights and you will see him do 1 thing better than most NFL vets. He ALWAYS looks defenders off. You just dont see this kid stare down recievers. This makes it very difficult for tall defensive lineman to bat his throws down. He will look right, look mid, and dump it off left instantly. The Poor D-lineman dont have a chance to get their hands up cause they cant read his eyes.

2) He isnt a runner by nature but he has decent mobility. Like Doug Flutie, like Drew Breeze and since he is a left especially like Steve Young and mike Vick, he is mobile enough to find the passing lanes by putting himself in position quickly. Without being overly technical about why, being left handed helps him as a shorter QB too. Mostly because the upfield rushers are usually lined up on the left side. It gives an extra demention of defensive scheme to counter lefty QBs.
    [/quote]

Im not going to keep arguning this because it just goes around in circles I see what would be the weakest arm in the NFL out there and all the anticipation in the world isnt going to cover it up. His ability to read defenses could be invaluable to a team though and it may allow him to have a good career as an NFL back up but a franchise signal calling QB he is not. U guys keep bringing up Drew Brees he is nothing like Drew Brees.Yes Brees is short but he doesnt have all the other short comings. Pennington had a weak arm after 3 arm surgeries but he wasnt 5'11 with horrible mechanics.While all these other QB's might have 1 negative they dont run the gamut like Moore does.Wouldnt surprise me if he ended up being a great clipboard holder though because of his mind

Here look at this this guy put up a great piece on why Kellen is not a franchise QB. Before u say its Bleacher Report the guy has real credentials he isnt some hack and I agree with everything he points at.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...fl-quarterback

Thats a disaster in the NFL. U dont have the same room to throw in the NFL as college.There will be bodies all around him.

[/quote] U think what u want I'll be sitting back laughing when hes throwing Bee Bee's in the NFL I don't see anything but a nice rifle arm in tapes i've seen Dude can make every throw no problem I hope the Giants draft him in RD 5 I'd love to have this kid! Tell BSU's Kellen Moore and his 507 Yard Passing Day...e[/quote]LOL riflearm he floats 15 yard throws there no velocity at all. Even his biggest supporters will admit he has a below average arm[/quote] look at the tape if thats not rifling it in there then what is? He can make all the throws touch throws fit into a tight spot the only thing he can't probably do is throw the ball 60yrds through the air So what? Watch the tapes where are u seeing anything but a nice arm? maybe your mistaking his touch on some passes for weak arm but this kid wings in there just like anyone else
    [/quote]Im not responding to any more Moore posts after this because it could go on forever butyour actually in the minority of seeing anything but a weak arm. Its not how far u throw it its how hard as well.He puts air under the majority of his throws its really clear as day.U have to be able to beat DB's to spots with throws in the NFL and with his arm and poor mechanics it doesnt look good.. U might be right about the draft part though. Tebow got picked in the first round sowho knows what 1 team might think[/quote] To each his own but i see it on tape and what i pointed out are NFL type throws on the money between defenders with plenty of zip I don't know how u can see that diffrently But hey if the majority said it it must be true LOL I don't see it though when i see his throws in even that one single game i see plenty and plenty of zip on his passes But i'm done as well This isn't going anywhere

Just a reminder that my keyboard is broke because of coffee spill so don't mind if there isn't some comma's and periods or the Letter m in some of my posts I get sick of copy and pasting those 3 all the time and leave em out on occasion

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Jared Crick vs Washington 2011

check out the hit he lays at 2.10

Chris Polk vs Nebraska 2011

[/quote]was wondering about Oklahoma's DE FRANK ALEXANDER I read he's picking up steam and his game against FLA ST was pretty good U got any tape on em?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]was wondering about Oklahoma's DE FRANK ALEXANDER I read he's picking up steam and his game against FLA ST was pretty good U got any tape on em?[/quote]Actually i dont.I always meant to do the Nebraska game from last year and i just never got to do it. I started looking at The Oklahoma D vs the FSU O. I will see whats up.At the worst ill scribe his plays for a compilation vid if there isnt enough for a single game one. I was mainly working on R Lewis and T Lewis first and then i was going to do Bradham and Jenkins. I can only really watch 1 or 2 guys at a time or it gets kind of overwhelming. Like when I watch Alabama its so hard because I know theres like 8 guys I have to look at and I have to rewind the game and watch the same play like 5 times to see every individual match up, it takes forever. I have so many guys I want to profileand its like where the hell do I start. I actually was thinking about looking at Greg Scruggs but maybe i will work the Oklahoma FSUtape.

Anyway here is 3 new vids

Josh Chichester vs FIU 2011 This is a very intriguing TE prospect. He has a huge frame 6'8" 240but he is very raw and needs to add some weight, He has a very high ceiling though

T.Y. Hilton vs Louisville Same game could be an explosive slot receiver KR. A lot of these guys coming through College football these days

Jermaine Kearse vs Nebraska 2011 A WR I havent profiled yet and took the opportunity while working the Nebraska defense. Not his most productive game but still scored a couple TD's

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]was wondering about Oklahoma's DE FRANK ALEXANDER I read he's picking up steam and his game against FLA ST was pretty good U got any tape on em?[/quote]Actually i dont.I always meant to do the Nebraska game from last year and i just never got to do it. I started looking at The Oklahoma D vs the FSU O. I will see whats up.At the worst ill scribe his plays for a compilation vid if there isnt enough for a single game one. I was mainly working on R Lewis and T Lewis first and then i was going to do Bradham and Jenkins. I can only really watch 1 or 2 guys at a time or it gets kind of overwhelming. Like when I watch Alabama its so hard because I know theres like 8 guys I have to look at and I have to rewind the game and watch the same play like 5 times to see every individual match up, it takes forever. I have so many guys I want to profileand its like where the hell do I start. I actually was thinking about looking at Greg Scruggs but maybe i will work the Oklahoma FSUtape.

Josh Chichester vs FIU 2011 This is a very intriguing TE prospect. He has a huge frame 6'8" 240but he is very raw and needs to add some weight, He has a very high ceiling though

T.Y. Hilton vs Louisville Same game could be an explosive slot receiver KR. A lot of these guys coming through College football these days

Jermaine Kearse vs Nebraska 2011 A WR I havent profiled yet and took the opportunity while working the Nebraska defense. Not his most productive game but still scored a couple TD's

[/quote] Yup Chichester is the converted WR i believe You are correct hes very intriguing Kearse is a guy i could see being a steal for someone in RD 3ish early 4ish area Hilton reminds me of this Yrs Jerrell Jerrnigan

I here ya on so many people to do vid's on and so little time I hope u don't mind my suggestions as there just that Suggestions I appreciate your fantastic work as always my friend!

[/quote]TY HILTON IS BECOMING MY FAVORITE SLEEPER(cap lock sry) im looking for him to fly up boards and expect him to go first to the raiders :P.seriously though kids has some amazing speed and very good hands.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote] Yup Chichester is the converted WR i believe You are correct hes very intriguing Kearse is a guy i could see being a steal for someone in RD 3ish early 4ish area Hilton reminds me of this Yrs Jerrell Jerrnigan

I here ya on so many people to do vid's on and so little time I hope u don't mind my suggestions as there just that Suggestions I appreciate your fantastic work as always my friend!

[/quote]I dont mind the suggestions. I need reminders on guys

u ever watch Greg Scruggs oflouisville I think he is kind of underrated. NFLdraftscout has him rated as the 70th best DT. I think he is much,much better then that

[/quote]

Jenkins is a heck of a player, but FSU has been using him in a slightly more versatile capacity this year as I think you will see if the OKLA game. Last year Jenkins was almost purely a edge rusher. This year they have him as a LB/DE hybrid and he plays in space sometimes.

Whats interesting is why they did this considering he was 1 of the nations top passrushers in 2010. The Answer, as I am sure you will see in the OK video, is Sophomore Bjorn Werner. Werner is a monster, he is only a sophomore but we will hear a lot of his name in the next 2 years.

+ Reply to Thread