+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: 12-13 Draft Film Room

Re: 2012 Draft Film Room

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

<font color="#0033cc">Kawann Short vs Illinois 2011</font></p>

<font color="#0033cc">AJ Jenkins vs Purdue 2011</font></p>

<font color="#0033cc">Andrew Luck vs Washington 2011</font></p>
    <div class="vm-video-title"><font color="#0033cc">Chris Polk vs Stanford 2011</font> </div>[/quote]Short had a great game against Illini.. I love me some Polk.. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to our offense.. Its tough to watch against Stanford, because there defense is just better then Wash's Oline, but he still did pretty darn good.. I would not mind getting both Kawann Short and Chris Polk.. Short uses his hands very well, all though i'd like to see him breakout of his blocks a bit more consistently.. I think Polk is the 2nd best RB in this class, the more i think about it, even if the Jr's come out, like Montee Ball and Lamar Miller

My top 5RB's including Jr's would be

Trent Richardson bama
    Chris Polk Wash
    Bernard Pierce Temple
    Lamar Miller Miami
    Isaiah Pead/Montee Ball Cincy and Wisc

so redeye, based on your game-film evaluations, who would you say is the best 4-3 linebacker for the giants?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

<div class="vm-video-title"><font color="#0033cc">Chris Polk vs Stanford 2011</font> </div>[/quote]Short had a great game against Illini.. I love me some Polk.. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to our offense.. Its tough to watch against Stanford, because there defense is just better then Wash's Oline, but he still did pretty darn good.. I would not mind getting both Kawann Short and Chris Polk.. Short uses his hands very well, all though i'd like to see him breakout of his blocks a bit more consistently.. I think Polk is the 2nd best RB in this class, the more i think about it, even if the Jr's come out, like Montee Ball and Lamar Miller

Trent Richardson bama
    Chris Polk Wash
    Bernard Pierce Temple
    Lamar Miller Miami
    [/quote]

Only guy I think missing is David Wilson. I'm a little baffled he isnt getting the spotlight he deserves. He is powerfull and although I am hesitant to ever believes rumors of incredible 40 times(he ran a rumored 4.29 last year as a sophomore) its a clear from his tape that he possesses great speed and balance. Assuming he does come out, which I think is likely since he currently is a nations top rusher, we can expect his stock to soar.

[quote user="Neverend"]so redeye, based on your game-film evaluations, who would you say is the best 4-3 linebacker for the giants?[/quote] I know i'm not redeye, but my answer would be Luke Kuelechy... Hes got the 4/3 size and i'm not completely sure Manti Te'O isnt a SLB in the pros, and as much as i like Burfict, i don't know if he'd fit as good with our team as i once thought.. Kuelechy just seems like a player we need, as far as being in on every play, and around the football.. He plays with a heavy passion that i think can ignite a Defense, and he seems to share the same enthusiasim as JPP does, and those 2together, i think would really start changing the attitude of this team against Cupcakes, which is clearly bad right now.. I think guys like Antrel Rolle/Osi/ and Tuck for that matter, don't share the same type Motor/Drive agianst "all teams, good and bad, as guys like JPP/Kuelechy/ Rey Lewis..etc, do...

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Trent Richardson bama
    Chris Polk Wash
    Bernard Pierce Temple
    Lamar Miller Miami
    [/quote]

Only guy I think missing is David Wilson. I'm a little baffled he isnt getting the spotlight he deserves. He is powerfull and although I am hesitant to ever believes rumors of incredible 40 times(he ran a rumored 4.29 last year as a sophomore) its a clear from his tape that he possesses great speed and balance. Assuming he does come out, which I think is likely since he currently is a nations top rusher, we can expect his stock to soar.
    [/quote] Ya, i like wilson as well.. I'm actually down a tad on Lamar Miller at the moment, because of his not Running through guys enough when i seen him last, and it seems he does this more then i realized as the Announcers made a note of this happening in the past, and i definetly don't want a guy Millers size who is tippy toeing around and all that.. Sure, u want them to use there moves, but you've gotta know when to use those moves or simply crack that LB or DB in the mouth and get a extra 3-5yrds... Polk is clearly the 2nd best RB in this country in my opinion, and thats hard for me to say, because i'm pretty big on Bernard Pierce.. Pead is a guy i really like as well, and i could see him being a guy in a few yrs who just blows people away, as far as them wondering how he went in the RD 3-4 range.. Hes the complete package, and will run with power at times, and isn't strickly a finesse guy like some think.. I think he packs more of a punch then say, Shane Vereen from last yr, who i would think most would think is kinda Pead Like...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Trent Richardson bama
    Chris Polk Wash
    Bernard Pierce Temple
    Lamar Miller Miami
    [/quote]

[/quote] Ya, i like wilson as well.. I'm actually down a tad on Lamar Miller at the moment, because of his not Running through guys enough when i seen him last, and it seems he does this more then i realized as the Announcers made a note of this happening in the past, and i definetly don't want a guy Millers size who is tippy toeing around and all that.. Sure, u want them to use there moves, but you've gotta know when to use those moves or simply crack that LB or DB in the mouth and get a extra 3-5yrds... Polk is clearly the 2nd best RB in this country in my opinion, and thats hard for me to say, because i'm pretty big on Bernard Pierce.. Pead is a guy i really like as well, and i could see him being a guy in a few yrs who just blows people away, as far as them wondering how he went in the RD 3-4 range.. Hes the complete package, and will run with power at times, and isn't strickly a finesse guy like some think.. I think he packs more of a punch then say, Shane Vereen from last yr, who i would think most would think is kinda Pead Like...
    [/quote]

I like Miller only because he is so good at going north South and making himself small through the hole(love how low he can get).

But I just think Wilson is being grossly undervalued.

I look at he (potential) class like this:
    1) Trent Richardson - kinda obvious
    2) Chris Polk - has Giants written all over him. Embarrasses defensive backs with power or quickness.
    3) Pierce - that sidestep move is crazy. He can make anyone miss. Defenses know he is the only weapon and still cant stop him.
    4) David Wilson - capable of scoring on any play as a runner or reciever. Always looks like the fastest guy on the field and seems to find the endzone every time he gets in the open field.
    5)Miller - I like his no nonsesnse style. Very north south runner, good between the tackles.

If i went on I would prolly say Pead next. But Ball, for me , is down the list. Its no that I dont like him I just see the line doing more work for him than most of these guys.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Trent Richardson bama
    Chris Polk Wash
    Bernard Pierce Temple
    Lamar Miller Miami
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I like Miller only because he is so good at going north South and making himself small through the hole(love how low he can get).

2) Chris Polk - has Giants written all over him. Embarrasses defensive backs with power or quickness.
    3) Pierce - that sidestep move is crazy. He can make anyone miss. Defenses know he is the only weapon and still cant stop him.
    4) David Wilson - capable of scoring on any play as a runner or reciever. Always looks like the fastest guy on the field and seems to find the endzone every time he gets in the open field.
    5)Miller - I like his no nonsesnse style. Very north south runner, good between the tackles.

If i went on I would prolly say Pead next. But Ball, for me , is down the list. Its no that I dont like him I just see the line doing more work for him than most of these guys.
    [/quote] Miller tippy to toes way to much.. They were talking heavily about that in the Miami/ VA game.. The announcers said that it actually has become somewhat of a problem, and he needs to run more north /south and through guys more often.. When hes doing that, hes probably my favorite back, but he dosen't do it all the time, and falls to easy at times... Polk is just disgustingly good.. I love him!

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Trent Richardson bama
    Chris Polk Wash
    Bernard Pierce Temple
    Lamar Miller Miami
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] As much as i did like ball, i'm starting to agree with you and your assesment of him..

Finally got my power back so I can post without using that small little touch screen it was driving me nuts i just refused to do it.</P>

<FONT color=#0033cc>Case Keenum vs Rice 2011</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0033cc>Chris Givens vs Virgina Tech 2011</FONT> </P>

<FONT color=#0033cc>Nick Toon vs Nebraska 2011</FONT></P>

+ Reply to Thread