+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1121

Thread: 12-13 Draft Film Room

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I had only watched his best games I wanted to get into some of the videos against better lineman to see how he played. 1 thing about Short he has been a guy ive seen associated with taking plays off. Maybe he is playing to many snaps. He also dropped 20 pounds since this video might help him some
    yep I knew about the weight thing, but there are a couple run plays there were he gets side blocked 10 yards away from the designed hole and I dont see him even begin to put up a fight. What worries me is the possibility that it is an effort thing and not a fitness thing. As I said above, there are times when the runner is already through the hole and at the LB level before he locates the ballcarrier with his eyes. Granted Ball is a very good back, but he isnt a small scatback who should be that hard to find, especially with as straight forward a blocking system as Wisconsin uses. If you are being trap blocked to your right, that is because the ballcarrier is trying to go to your left, so your fight the block in that direction.

I also noted how often on passing plays he was just completely stonewalled in 1v1 blocks. That happens to everyone, in every game, even the best players. But you would hope when it does happen that the guy at least gets his hands up to force the Qb to maybe wait a half second longer to throw, or alter his trajectory, or change the passing lanes...etc. I dont even see him do that.

It appears as though he is capable of a nice burst at the snap sometimes. But when that burst doesnt get him immediate results i see a bit too much quit, or fatigue, or something. Whatever it is, in that video, I dont like it.

Again, I am not saying he isnt a good player, just that 1 game is horrid. If I am a NFL GM, I am putting that tape and asking a few questions of this kid. Because there are moments in that video where he looks like a day 3 pick.

*edit* oh and Ty for the vid. that was 1 i had not seen. Appreciate it. Now I must go make out my will so that my wife is protected when NYC comes in here and E-murders me
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    yep I knew about the weight thing, but there are a couple run plays there were he gets side blocked 10 yards away from the designed hole and I dont see him even begin to put up a fight. What worries me is the possibility that it is an effort thing and not a fitness thing. As I said above, there are times when the runner is already through the hole and at the LB level before he locates the ballcarrier with his eyes. Granted Ball is a very good back, but he isnt a small scatback who should be that hard to find, especially with as straight forward a blocking system as Wisconsin uses. If you are being trap blocked to your right, that is because the ballcarrier is trying to go to your left, so your fight the block in that direction.

I also noted how often on passing plays he was just completely stonewalled in 1v1 blocks. That happens to everyone, in every game, even the best players. But you would hope when it does happen that the guy at least gets his hands up to force the Qb to maybe wait a half second longer to throw, or alter his trajectory, or change the passing lanes...etc. I dont even see him do that.

It appears as though he is capable of a nice burst at the snap sometimes. But when that burst doesnt get him immediate results i see a bit too much quit, or fatigue, or something. Whatever it is, in that video, I dont like it.

Again, I am not saying he isnt a good player, just that 1 game is horrid. If I am a NFL GM, I am putting that tape and asking a few questions of this kid. Because there are moments in that video where he looks like a day 3 pick.

*edit* oh and Ty for the vid. that was 1 i had not seen. Appreciate it. Now I must go make out my will so that my wife is protected when NYC comes in here and E-murders me
    Yeah its a new 1 I cut it 2 days ago.

Nah, i dont care if ur critical of Short santaman.. To each his own.. I never agreed about ur liking Tony Jefferson more then Kenny Vaccaro, as to each there own.. I'm completely sold on Kawaan Short, and hes been very consistent his entire career at Purdue.. I'm glad the game that he hasen't looked his best is against a team that simply is better then purdue, and churns out tons and tons of 1st, 2nd, nad 3rd rd olineman as well as Rb's...

Short simply is a impact DT, who is unique as he can play with a one gap and two gap mentality, as hes strong enough to hold up at the point, but can penetrate and make impact plays behind the line as well.. His quickness in small areas is second to none, and he uses his hands very well, hence why he can bat passes down and block kicks, and also force fumbles... He comes off like a blitzing LB at times, with how fast he ends up shooting the gap and gets to the ball carrier or QB, its quite remarkable... 19.5sacks, and 45TFL since 2010! Thats pretty dang consistent to say the least... I love how he uses his long arms and hands, and his burst off the ball.. I don't think theres a better DT in this class, as far as impact players... I think teams are overlooking this kid if anything, and hes a extremely safe bet... He kinda reminds me of a young cullen jenkins to be honest....

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Nah, i dont care if ur critical of Short santaman.. To each his own.. I never agreed about ur liking Tony Jefferson more then Kenny Vaccaro, as to each there own.. I'm completely sold on Kawaan Short, and hes been very consistent his entire career at Purdue.. I'm glad the game that he hasen't looked his best is against a team that simply is better then purdue, and churns out tons and tons of 1st, 2nd, nad 3rd rd olineman as well as Rb's...

Short simply is a impact DT, who is unique as he can play with a one gap and two gap mentality, as hes strong enough to hold up at the point, but can penetrate and make impact plays behind the line as well.. His quickness in small areas is second to none, and he uses his hands very well, hence why he can bat passes down and block kicks, and also force fumbles... He comes off like a blitzing LB at times, with how fast he ends up shooting the gap and gets to the ball carrier or QB, its quite remarkable... 19.5sacks, and 45TFL since 2010! Thats pretty dang consistent to say the least... I love how he uses his long arms and hands, and his burst off the ball.. I don't think theres a better DT in this class, as far as impact players... I think teams are overlooking this kid if anything, and hes a extremely safe bet... He kinda reminds me of a young cullen jenkins to be honest....
    Ok well 1st off I dont believe I ever said Jefferson over Vaccaro as far as prospects go. I said Jefferson was having a better season. I had a beef with Vaccaro for about the 1st half of the football season, as I did with all of Texas highly touted defensive players because they were ALL greatly underperforming. Vaccaro included. In fact, I believe I have said all along that I like Elam as far as safeties go. Vaccaro improved himself in my eyes with better late season play. In all your Rambo threads, I beleive I said Elam was my guy.

Again tho, I am against Short. I just have a hard time watching that video. It is painful to watch him because there are some glaring problems there. Based on that video, i do not think he will be a 1st rounder, as you have suggested. In other videos(Notre Dame) he looks much better. But that Wisconson vid will cast a shadow of doubt on him in some GM's eyes. Enough so that I doubt he goes in the 1st. I have been wrong before tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Ok well 1st off I dont believe I ever said Jefferson over Vaccaro as far as prospects go. I said Jefferson was having a better season. I had a beef with Vaccaro for about the 1st half of the football season, as I did with all of Texas highly touted defensive players because they were ALL greatly underperforming. Vaccaro included. In fact, I believe I have said all along that I like Elam as far as safeties go. Vaccaro improved himself in my eyes with better late season play. In all your Rambo threads, I beleive I said Elam was my guy.

Again tho, I am against Short. I just have a hard time watching that video. It is painful to watch him because there are some glaring problems there. Based on that video, i do not think he will be a 1st rounder, as you have suggested. In other videos(Notre Dame) he looks much better. But that Wisconson vid will cast a shadow of doubt on him in some GM's eyes. Enough so that I doubt he goes in the 1st. I have been wrong before tho.
    its not the point about Jefferson and Vaccaro, but more so just simply implying that u can't agree on everyone.. I think its a safe bet he goes in RD1.. hes just way to talented to not.. He tore up the Big10 the past couple yrs at a v ery consistent level and to think people talk about him not giving effort on every play and thats what hes doing, is scary.. Teams will think all they gotta do is motivate this guy and get him understanding how good he really can be with consistent effort, and they will have a perrenial probowler.. Hes got the size, strength, burst, and instincts to be one of the better DT's in football.. I love em..

Sorry about slacking on this u can always go to Draftbreakdown.com to see new videos. 3 or 4 new 1's a day put up. Im way to behind to fix it now.When 2014 comes along I will make a legend on the first page. Heres some recent 1's I cut

Gavin Escobar vs WSU/Michigan 2011

some horrid blocking from Escobar on this video.

Brain Schwenke vs OSU Center from Cal pretty good game against Hankins

Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M vs Alabama

Some Pass rushers

Alex Okafor DE Texas vs Baylor 2012

Brandon Jenkins FSU vs Miami 2011

Stansly maponga TCU DE vs Boise State 2011

Hey Redeye, did u ever get that TJ JOHNSON C SOUTH CAROLINA video up by any chance? This guy was like a 7th rd draft pick when i noticed em, and i thought he'd be great interior lineman that late, but since has moved up in to the 5-6rd range... Tough, big, nasty, and powerful.. Thats TJ Johnson... Could be next in the Shaun O'hara, Rich Seubert, Jeff Saturday type, to be drafted late or not at all and turn into a awesome player for yrs to come.. This dude is battle tested in the SEC as well..

Hey Redeye, do you have anything on TE Ryan Griffin from UConn? From what I have been reading, I am thinking this is the under the radar TE that we are interested in. He has good size at 6'5" 250 and seems to be able to catch. I wonder about his blocking though.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Hey Redeye, do you have anything on TE Ryan Griffin from UConn? From what I have been reading, I am thinking this is the under the radar TE that we are interested in. He has good size at 6'5" 250 and seems to be able to catch. I wonder about his blocking though.
    I mocked Griffin to us a couple times in the late rds(6th or 7th) a few times int he main draft thread during my weekly mocks during the season, so i've noticed em for awhile, and agree, theres some intrigue there.. I could see him sticking on a club possibly as a very late rd draft pick or even UDF...

+ Reply to Thread