+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 113 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Draft Film Room

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="lawl"]What's the cb class looking like next year?

With Ross and potentially TT gone next year, not to mention Cweb a year older, i can definitely see us taking a guy in the first 2 rounds[/quote]
    My favorite is Virginia's Chase Minnified. He's and all around solid athlete with the size to be equally effective against the pass and the run

Some of the other top rated guys (Kirkpatrick, Harris, Hosley) are soft imo

Here's walters rankings
    [/quote] Ya, Minniefield is a guy i mentioned mad long ago, and REDEYE hooked a brother up with a Video.. Hes also got NFL BLOODLINES, if thats worth anything, which it probably is, because his pops FRANK was no joke as a CB in the NFL himself.... This guy is a lockdown corner, and was the best CB on his team, and that team included RAS I DOWLING, and he returns punts and kicks, the guy was 3rd on UVA in all purpose yards as a CB, which is pretty good..

Obviously, as most know, i'm a huge Janoris Jenkins fan as well, i wanted the GIANTS to draft him, before we knew who was coming out.. As it turns out, his Charecter Concerns were worse then i thought, but if he smartens up, this kids got a bright future.. He went toe to toe with some of the best WR's in the land, and handled most all of em, and at least held em down to below there standards...

Brandon Boykin is a guy i thought would be a RD 3 guy, if he came out last draft, so i expect him to move himself up to Late 1st, 2nd round area, as hes pretty good corner...

Of course, u know i gotta give a SUPER SLEEPER CB..lol RIght now, i'm going with TRUMAINE JOHNSON CB MONTANA.. This kids a big boy 6ft 2in 204lbs, and can return kicks, and was ALL BIG SKY first team last yr, and hes a heck of a athlete, having thrown a pass, rushed 2 times, and obviously as i said, Returned kicks.. He seems to get his hands all over the ball, with like 13career picks going into this yr..
    Montana opens up against Tennesee, i'm gonna have to try and see if i can find out some info on that game, and possibly watch it...

All-Pro

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="lawl"]What's the cb class looking like next year? With Ross and potentially TT gone next year, not to mention Cweb a year older, i can definitely see us taking a guy in the first 2 rounds[/quote]
    My favorite is Virginia's Chase Minnified. He's and all around solid athlete with the size to be equally effective against the pass and the run

[/quote]

Kirkpatrick is the most promising do to his physical stature.*He is a little soft especially for someone listed 6-3 195. Harris is afraid to tackle anybody and is a big play for his team or his opponent everytime he steps on the field. He is as me first as they come. Hosley isnt as meak as Harris against the run but he isnt overly physical either. Im not 100% sold on any of these corners yet . It wasnt like going into this year and I knew Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukumara were going to be real*good

[/quote]

6'3" is a bit tall for a corner.

Joe Adams vs Georgia,Auburn,Ohio State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBi83...el_video_title

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="lawl"]What's the cb class looking like next year? With Ross and potentially TT gone next year, not to mention Cweb a year older, i can definitely see us taking a guy in the first 2 rounds[/quote]

[/quote]

Kirkpatrick is the most promising do to his physical stature.*He is a little soft especially for someone listed 6-3 195. Harris is afraid to tackle anybody and is a big play for his team or his opponent everytime he steps on the field. He is as me first as they come. Hosley isnt as meak as Harris against the run but he isnt overly physical either. Im not 100% sold on any of these corners yet . It wasnt like going into this year and I knew Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukumara were going to be real*good

[/quote]

6'3" is a bit tall for a corner.[/quote]

Agreed which is the main reason why I don't like kirkpatrick atm. Too tall and too light for his weight right now. Taller DBs are just naturally not as fluid in their hips as a shorter DB. He might get switched to safety. I'm looking forward to the next season he puts together while he continues to get better.

Bench Player

I hope we get the chance to draft Travis Lewis. Dude is such a beast.

Travis Lewis vs Uconn

He is in coverage a bunch this game. With the way teams throw the ball he could be a very valuable player in the draft

Danny Trevathan vs Auburn

Undersized LB that led the SEC in tackles