+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Draft Film Room

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]I thought Moore is 6'1? If his height is listed correctly then yes he is comparable to all 3 as he is a tad taller than brees and flutie and a tad shorter than Chad. I'm nit like some I don't see a HUGE advantage of 3 inches in height. You can play or you can't and I really feel ge can. His weight is a concern and like you I'd like to see a little more power in his throws but I love this kid as a development for a west coast offense.[/quote]i totally agree/ Hes got the It factor that u can't teach/ Redeye will always be a "specific HT/WT/Strength/Speed" or your not aking it guy LOL I think Kellen has a chance to slip through the cracks and go in RD 5 because people don't want to iss out on a possible future WINNER
    [/quote]If I was just taking his height and weight into consideration I wouldnt like Aaron Murray. Moore can not spin the ball. He has no velocity on his throws thats a major problem for a QB in the NFL. Kellen Moore is nothing like Drew Brees or Chad Pennington watch the intermediate throws he has nowhere near the pace on his ball. He also has a rather big hitch in his throw. Wasted motion , no pace on his throws, no mobility, and yes he is extremely undersized.He is not 6'1". He is listed at 6'0 on Boise States site which means he is most likely 5'11. I love how Brees name comes up everytime an undersized QB puts up numbers. Here are some names that are closer to the Truth Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrel these guys are more like Moores tape but everyone focus on the one guy thatsgreat not the 100's that are out of the NFL without ever taking a regular season snap. Seriously whats more likely Kellen Moore is Drew Brees? or what Im saying and Kellen Moore is Colt Brennan?[/quote]First off u have no idea if his Ht/Wt is less then what it reads because u guys said all that stuff about Earl Thoas and u were dead wrong Kellen is one of the best college QB's of alltiMe and is one of the Most accurate QB's of all tiMe U bring up Brennan and Daniel but what the freak did they ever win? Brennan looked like a idiot against LSU in his big gaMe and Moore has looked God LIke in incredible bowl gaMes against top coMpetiton Your way off on Moore and i bet he gets drafted before the 5th round because hes not your typical sMall QB

Heres what Russ Lande for Pro Scout has to say about Kellen
    Moore

"He deserves late-third-round draft consideration next April. He shares
    some positive qualities with a young Mark Brunell but appears to be more
    of a quality backup at the NFL level. He is more accurate in the
    underneath and intermediate areas with above average-accuracy downfield.
    He is a tough and competitive leader."

I tend to agree I also don't think Daniel or Brennan could hold Kellen's jock strap!! Can't wait to see Kellen shred Va Tech Georgia Oregon twice TCU Utah Oregon St
    When is Boise St getting lit up in a huge bowl contest like Brennan??? Its a insult to even put those 2 in a category together

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]I thought Moore is 6'1? If his height is listed correctly then yes he is comparable to all 3 as he is a tad taller than brees and flutie and a tad shorter than Chad. I'm nit like some I don't see a HUGE advantage of 3 inches in height. You can play or you can't and I really feel ge can. His weight is a concern and like you I'd like to see a little more power in his throws but I love this kid as a development for a west coast offense.[/quote]i totally agree/ Hes got the It factor that u can't teach/ Redeye will always be a "specific HT/WT/Strength/Speed" or your not aking it guy LOL I think Kellen has a chance to slip through the cracks and go in RD 5 because people don't want to iss out on a possible future WINNER
    [/quote]If I was just taking his height and weight into consideration I wouldnt like Aaron Murray. Moore can not spin the ball. He has no velocity on his throws thats a major problem for a QB in the NFL. Kellen Moore is nothing like Drew Brees or Chad Pennington watch the intermediate throws he has nowhere near the pace on his ball. He also has a rather big hitch in his throw. Wasted motion , no pace on his throws, no mobility, and yes he is extremely undersized.He is not 6'1". He is listed at 6'0 on Boise States site which means he is most likely 5'11. I love how Brees name comes up everytime an undersized QB puts up numbers. Here are some names that are closer to the Truth Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrel these guys are more like Moores tape but everyone focus on the one guy thatsgreat not the 100's that are out of the NFL without ever taking a regular season snap. Seriously whats more likely Kellen Moore is Drew Brees? or what Im saying and Kellen Moore is Colt Brennan?[/quote]protypical qb numbers are great but what he has is an outstanding football IQ and can read a defense as good as any ive seen. If he is 5'11 that would really suck because nobody will look at him.
    [/quote]

Its not just his height again why dont u guys understand that. Yes he is short but look how he throws the ball. Aaron Murray is 6'0" tall but he has a very high quick delivery. Kellen Moore brings the ball down before bringing it back up to throw the football. This makes for a very long, very low extended release.This will lead to turnovers and believe it or not those extra100th's of a secondsmake a huge deal in the NFL . College QB's get huge amounts of space and time to throw the football . He gets nice large throwing lanes to throw through at Boise these dont exist in the NFL. Its one thing to be accurate when u have window its another to throw the ball over a blitzing LB.On tape u can see Mooreis very good at reading collegedefenses to anticipate openings.Its his best trait andcould allow him to get a backup job in the NFL. It will certainly allow him to play in the UFL or CFL.In the NFL the game moves at 3 times the pacegetting by on anticipation alone is not enoughU need to be able to spin it and this is where Kellen Moore is at his weakest. Kellen can simply not make all the throws that are needed to be a starting NFL QB. Even in a West Coast offense he simply does not put enough velocity on the ball. He can not drive the ball through coverage in tight windows that are needed to be a West Coast QB . Could he be drafted? Probably, Someone will take him in the 6th round. His ability to read a defense will be helpful as a clipboard holder. How about he could be Ty Detmer if everything breaks his way how does that sound is that a fair grade. He played 14 years as a back up

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="BlueSanta"]For those with an eye on games atm, pop on over the to Clemson vs Aubrun game and have a look at TE Dwayne Allen of Clemson. He is showcasing his talents.
    [/quote]yeah we were talking about him in the other thread. like nyc said probably the most complete te in this years draft. very few holes in his game and would be a MAJOR upgrade to our te unit.

personally i was really impressed with a couple of rookies for clemson sammy watkins (guy is a big play waiting to happen),and dj howard. very exciting freshman class down there
    [/quote]Working the tape now should have it up in a hour

Dwayne Allen vs Auburn 2011

Great performance from Dwayne Allen. He is the best2 wayTE in this class. Going to have to seperate these guys into TE and H-Backs. Cant compare a guy like Orson Charles to Dwayne Allen they arent the same player.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Great performance from Dwayne Allen. He is the best2 wayTE in this class. Going to have to seperate these guys into TE and H-Backs. Cant compare a guy like Orson Charles to Dwayne Allen they arent the same player.

[/quote]

Hey Ty Redi.

Im a big fan of this kids too. I would love to see this kid in blue

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]I thought Moore is 6'1? If his height is listed correctly then yes he is comparable to all 3 as he is a tad taller than brees and flutie and a tad shorter than Chad. I'm nit like some I don't see a HUGE advantage of 3 inches in height. You can play or you can't and I really feel ge can. His weight is a concern and like you I'd like to see a little more power in his throws but I love this kid as a development for a west coast offense.[/quote]i totally agree/ Hes got the It factor that u can't teach/ Redeye will always be a "specific HT/WT/Strength/Speed" or your not aking it guy LOL I think Kellen has a chance to slip through the cracks and go in RD 5 because people don't want to iss out on a possible future WINNER
    [/quote]If I was just taking his height and weight into consideration I wouldnt like Aaron Murray. Moore can not spin the ball. He has no velocity on his throws thats a major problem for a QB in the NFL. Kellen Moore is nothing like Drew Brees or Chad Pennington watch the intermediate throws he has nowhere near the pace on his ball. He also has a rather big hitch in his throw. Wasted motion , no pace on his throws, no mobility, and yes he is extremely undersized.He is not 6'1". He is listed at 6'0 on Boise States site which means he is most likely 5'11. I love how Brees name comes up everytime an undersized QB puts up numbers. Here are some names that are closer to the Truth Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrel these guys are more like Moores tape but everyone focus on the one guy thatsgreat not the 100's that are out of the NFL without ever taking a regular season snap. Seriously whats more likely Kellen Moore is Drew Brees? or what Im saying and Kellen Moore is Colt Brennan?[/quote]protypical qb numbers are great but what he has is an outstanding football IQ and can read a defense as good as any ive seen. If he is 5'11 that would really suck because nobody will look at him.
    [/quote]

Its not just his height again why dont u guys understand that. Yes he is short but look how he throws the ball. Aaron Murray is 6'0" tall but he has a very high quick delivery. Kellen Moore brings the ball down before bringing it back up to throw the football. This makes for a very long, very low extended release.This will lead to turnovers and believe it or not those extra100th's of a secondsmake a huge deal in the NFL . College QB's get huge amounts of space and time to throw the football . He gets nice large throwing lanes to throw through at Boise these dont exist in the NFL. Its one thing to be accurate when u have window its another to throw the ball over a blitzing LB.On tape u can see Mooreis very good at reading collegedefenses to anticipate openings.Its his best trait andcould allow him to get a backup job in the NFL. It will certainly allow him to play in the UFL or CFL.In the NFL the game moves at 3 times the pacegetting by on anticipation alone is not enoughU need to be able to spin it and this is where Kellen Moore is at his weakest. Kellen can simply not make all the throws that are needed to be a starting NFL QB. Even in a West Coast offense he simply does not put enough velocity on the ball. He can not drive the ball through coverage in tight windows that are needed to be a West Coast QB . Could he be drafted? Probably, Someone will take him in the 6th round. His ability to read a defense will be helpful as a clipboard holder. How about he could be Ty Detmer if everything breaks his way how does that sound is that a fair grade. He played 14 years as a back up

[/quote] again i dissagree I think if he is given a chance he will adapt to the league and learn how to succeed because i honestly believe hes just flat out good at the game of football and will simply succeed because of it I'm not all about the this and that all the time with prospects sometimes i just have a feeling about players and often i've been correct about them We shall see but i gurantee hes drafted and i think probably between 3rd-5th round area before the 6th

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote] again i dissagree I think if he is given a chance he will adapt to the league and learn how to succeed because i honestly believe hes just flat out good at the game of football and will simply succeed because of it I'm not all about the this and that all the time with prospects sometimes i just have a feeling about players and often i've been correct about them We shall see but i gurantee hes drafted and i think probably between 3rd-5th round area before the 6th
    [/quote]

I cannot imagin him being undrafted. He is too precise. That type of accuracy is just too valuable and somebody will draft him.

I do think he has some thing working against him to be a star in the NFL, but he is just too good to not be given a chance.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]well said and i can attest to that. sometimes you watch a player and while you may not be "WOW" you just have a feeling this kid can play. sometimes your right sometimes your wrong. sometimes players actually become much better than their college play leads you to believe. moore is one of those players for me this year (also like griffin but need to see more of him) just like tyrod taylor last year.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Hey Ty Redi.

Im a big fan of this kids too. I would love to see this kid in blue

[/quote]

Yeah he is a good player one of the few TE's where I dont have to search for blocking plays