+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Draft Film Room

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I got contacted by a Player representative yesterday asking me to remove the video I had up because of the negative plays that were being shown[/quote]

LOL. Which player was it?

[quote user="Neverend"]Not sure if I'm qualified to post videos but here's what I found:

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrgtvhS4xc[/link]

Dwayne allen "lowlight" video of his season last year. interesting stuff[/quote]

Dwane allen looks horrible in that video. How the **** is that a highlights video?!

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Neverend"]Not sure if I'm qualified to post videos but here's what I found:

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrgtvhS4xc[/link]

Dwayne allen "lowlight" video of his season last year. interesting stuff[/quote] Dwane allen looks horrible in that video. How the **** is that a highlights video?![/quote]

The guy did it on purpose it seems like It was "called" a highlight video but really its just a video of dwayne allen's bad plays

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]David Wilson vs Virginia 2011[/quote]

I know a lot of people on these boards like different guys at the RB position, but I still like this guy.

I watch that and 3 things are clear to me:
    1) Like most teams that played VT, Virginia had 9+ guys in the box and made stopping Wilson the #1 priority.

2) It didnt matter, Wilson gets his production anyways.

3) I do not like VTs offensive scheme, never have and never will.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I got contacted by a Player representative yesterday asking me to remove the video I had up because of the negative plays that were being shown[/quote]

ROFL that's awesome.

Tell his player to suck less
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]David Wilson vs Virginia 2011[/quote]

I know a lot of people on these boards like different guys at the RB position, but I still like this guy.

1) Like most teams that played VT, Virginia had 9+ guys in the box and made stopping Wilson the #1 priority.

[/quote]

I love Wilson's speed and motor but he can't really run between the tackles and he's fairly iffy out of the backfield (as a receiver).

I like Doug Martin a lot better if we're going for a RB with a high pick.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j..._BytfB1tNDOMgg
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]David Wilson vs Virginia 2011[/quote]

[/quote]

I love Wilson's speed and motor but he can't really run between the tackles and he's fairly iffy out of the backfield (as a receiver).

I like Doug Martin a lot better if we're going for a RB with a high pick.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j..._BytfB1tNDOMgg[/quote]

I disagree. He absolutely can run between the tackles and most felt he lit it up in passcatching drills at the combine. The problem is VT's offense doesnt ask him to do it much. It is an annoying offense to watch at times. Have a look at that film Redeye linked and you will see they ask him almost exclusively to run offtackle or outside. 1 of the few times they did ask him to run up the middle he broke it.

I also like Martin a lot, he is a classy kid and was definitely underutilized in college in my opinion. I just think Wilson's production came vs bigger competition and vs team's more focused on stopping him, its no secret that VT's offense IS the run game. But, I would certainly not mind Martin either. I think you cant really go wrong with either.

I even like Miller somewhat but I do have 1 reservation with him. I saw a lot of Miami play this year and coming into the season everyone thought the key to beating them was stopping the passing game. Early in the season Miller took advantage of this and ran wild while defenses focused on stopping Harris, Streeter and Benjamin. However, by mid season everyone's strategy changed and focused on stopping the run 1st realizing that Miami turns it over way too much in the passing game to consistently win. After opponent's came to that realizations Miller's production fell off dramatically. His production in the 2nd half of the season was significantly diminished. Wilson on the other hand was the focal point of every defense VT faced all year long and his production was far more consistent despite it.