+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: 12-13 Draft Film Room

Re: 12-13 Draft Film Room

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Say Bradshaw is dinged up this yr, and we don't get much behind David Wilson, is there any chance we go RB again in a early rd next season?

If so, could we add a speed back like kenjon barner in say rd 2or3? A david wilson/kenjon barner RB duo could be pretty intersting... Cierre Wood is another back who would be outstanding duo with David Wilson.. Cierre Wood is no joke.. I've watched pretty much every game hes played, and hes tremendous, and really coming along...

[/quote]

I hope not. You know I love Wilson, but taking high rb 2 straight years would be a huge risk. I do think Bradshaw is nearing the end of his rope and we need another guy to step up, but I hope we dont have to spend a high pick on that guy. I would like to see us get a year or 2 more out of Bradshaw and hope his mentality rubs off on our youngsters. I know it is blaspheme around here to say this, but I actually am not sold on Da'rel Scott. I hope he proves me wrong. I think people saw a couple speed plays out of him in the preseason last year, in the final minutes of games where his opponents were mostly guys who are not in the NFL anymore. I think he has a fumble problem too, and people assume that because TC helped fix Tiki, the same will happen with Scott. I admit it is a possibility but do not see that as a given.

My hope is that Wilson and Bradshaw can provide enough production and stability to the position for enough time for us to find a mid/late round guy in the next couple years to eventually replace AB.

[/quote] ya but david wilson had a fumbling problem in college as well..Again, same theory, people think because coughlin fixed tiki's problem, that he'll fix Wilson's.. I like Scott because of his versatility and ability to return kicks, and hes even been tried at WR while at maryland, so i'm sure he picked up a few things.. Darius Heyward Bey has been quoted as saying " on paper it might say i'm faster, but Scott is a diffrent kinda animal"... That type of blazing speed in a 210lb body that can also return kicks could be very useful as a 2nd or 3rd RB and possibly 1st if he really takes to the coaching he recieves.. I actually really like Da'rel Scott, more so for his upside then anything else... I realize he could very well never make a dent on playing time, but i also realize he has enough speed and ability to possibly crack the rotation or even more..

As far as picking a RB early again, i agree, it woulden't be a ideal situation, but i'm talking about if Bradshaw is hurt again on and off.. If that is the case, and no one steps up including Da'rel Scott, then i wonder if we go RB in a early-ish rd.. I'm not nessecarily meaning the first or 2nd rd, but maybe 3rd or something like that.. Similar to what the 9ers did adding Lamichael James in RD 2 as a all around dual threat playmaker, despite having Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, and Dixon all ready on board..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Say Bradshaw is dinged up this yr, and we don't get much behind David Wilson, is there any chance we go RB again in a early rd next season?

If so, could we add a speed back like kenjon barner in say rd 2or3? A david wilson/kenjon barner RB duo could be pretty intersting... Cierre Wood is another back who would be outstanding duo with David Wilson.. Cierre Wood is no joke.. I've watched pretty much every game hes played, and hes tremendous, and really coming along...

[/quote]

I hope not. You know I love Wilson, but taking high rb 2 straight years would be a huge risk. I do think Bradshaw is nearing the end of his rope and we need another guy to step up, but I hope we dont have to spend a high pick on that guy. I would like to see us get a year or 2 more out of Bradshaw and hope his mentality rubs off on our youngsters. I know it is blaspheme around here to say this, but I actually am not sold on Da'rel Scott. I hope he proves me wrong. I think people saw a couple speed plays out of him in the preseason last year, in the final minutes of games where his opponents were mostly guys who are not in the NFL anymore. I think he has a fumble problem too, and people assume that because TC helped fix Tiki, the same will happen with Scott. I admit it is a possibility but do not see that as a given.

My hope is that Wilson and Bradshaw can provide enough production and stability to the position for enough time for us to find a mid/late round guy in the next couple years to eventually replace AB.

[/quote] ya but david wilson had a fumbling problem in college as well..Again, same theory, people think because coughlin fixed tiki's problem, that he'll fix Wilson's..[/quote]

We are talking entirely different Animals here. Wilson Fumbled about 1 in every 48 touches. That isnt a good ratio, it needs to be about 1 in 70, or higher preferably.

Da'rel Scott Fumbled 2 out of 5 carries last year(1 was incorrectly ruled down, but was not challenged due to other circumstances.)

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

"I like Scott because of his versatility and ability to return kicks, and hes even been tried at WR while at maryland, so i'm sure he picked up a few things.. Darius Heyward Bey has been quoted as saying " on paper it might say i'm faster, but Scott is a diffrent kinda animal"... That type of blazing speed in a 210lb body that can also return kicks could be very useful as a 2nd or 3rd RB and possibly 1st if he really takes to the coaching he recieves.. I actually really like Da'rel Scott, more so for his upside then anything else... I realize he could very well never make a dent on playing time, but i also realize he has enough speed and ability to possibly crack the rotation or even more.. "

[/quote]

I agree with what you say, there certainly is potential there. But too many times on these boards I have seen people fall in love with potential. Until he starts contributing, he is in jeopordy of not having a spot on this roster.

*edit sorry about wierd 2nd quote there. I cant seem to fix it and am otw out the door. Either way, you know what I mean =)

All-Pro

I'm still disgusted by the Wilson pick. If we took another rb..oh boy.

With KP becoming a FA after the yr, and us probably needing to give Cruz a fat contract, and depth being a bit of a issue at S anyways, i could see us going Saftey in the first couple rd's.. Its a good yr to need saftey help in the draft, because its a loaded positon...

My favorite outta the bunch if Baccari Rambo.. This dude is just outstanding! Kenny Vaccaro don't fall far behind, followed by Tj Mcdonald, Ray Ray Armstrong, Matt Elam, Robert Lester, and Tony Jefferson.. I also love John Boyett as a sleeper...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    With KP becoming a FA after the yr, and us probably needing to give Cruz a fat contract, and depth being a bit of a issue at S anyways, i could see us going Saftey in the first couple rd's.. Its a good yr to need saftey help in the draft, because its a loaded positon...

My favorite outta the bunch if Baccari Rambo.. This dude is just outstanding! Kenny Vaccaro don't fall far behind, followed by Tj Mcdonald, Ray Ray Armstrong, Matt Elam, Robert Lester, and Tony Jefferson.. I also love John Boyett as a sleeper...

I agree with everything you say, I also like your list with 1 exception. Ray Ray Armstrong was kicked off the Miami program a few days ago. I think his character problems will get in the way of him ever being a Giant. We value it too much.

I would also not completely ignore the very real possibility that Terrell Thomas be moved to the safety position. 2nd knee injuries are not easily recovered from, especially for a reaction position like CB, and he already has a lot of the skills you want in a safety.

From now on, I guess all the upcoming videos can be embedded.

Tyler Eifert vs FSU 2011

Stepfan taylor vs Arizona Washington

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-26-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Robert Woods vs 5 teams

Xavier RHodes vs Notre Dame

Khaled Holmes vs Utah "Star Lotuleli"

Tony Jefferson vs 3 teams

Tyrann mathieu vs UF and Tenn

Jonathan Bostic vs Oho state

He I had to laugh a little at the Eiffert video. Is that Russian commentary?

+ Reply to Thread