+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Young

Bench Player

Steve Young

Does anyone remember that Dbag, Steve Young before the Giants - Saints game. I know the jackass is not worth listening to, but he was but he was just so insulting to the Giants even by his standards that night. The whole pregame he kept hapring on if the Saints had enough in them to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game. This was at a time the Giants had a winning record and while slumping, still led theirdivision. One of the other analysts, it may have been Jaws, but I can't remember, toldYoung that he was forgetting the Giants were still a team to worth watching h and that they were playing theSaints team he was referring to in less than an hour. He took like 0.002 seconds to consider it and then esentially said the NFC was a two team race and that theless than mediocre Giants weren't even worth commenting on. This in a game his networkwas about to broadcast!I was thinking about that last night as Eli was taking a knee with over a minute to play. Neither of the teams that a-hole annointedwere going to the dance. Young has had a long history of completely disrespecting the Giants, but the degree of arrogance of that comment just bothered the heck out of me. I wonder if he even remembers his tool bag comments from two months ago.

Veteran

Re: Steve Yong

Stupid thread.

there were plenty of times this season i wasn't willing to consider the giants in any conversation about the best teams in the conference.

i can't blame other analysts and broadcasters for feeling the same way.

Bench Player

I honestly just think us fans are a bit sensitive. Do the players care? no lol...neither should you.

Yes we all remember that, but Steve YoUng aside, everyone on this forum wrote off the Giants after the Saints game AND the Redskins game.

who is Steve "Yong".....

some new Asian sports commentator???

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

young has to many hits to the head!!! the guy didn't get laid until he was thirty years old!!!

Bench Player

I know most of us thought the Giants were looking bad at this point in the season, it was just the way he casually, thoughtlessly dismmissed the Giants as not worthy of conversation in a game they were about to play that irked me. Especially because if there's one thing we've learned in the NFL in the past few years, it's that the teams who look out of it in November are often the teams playing football in late January and early February.

Re: Steve Young

[quote user="kodijake"]Does anyone remember that Dbag, Steve Young before the Giants - Saints game.* I know the jackass is not worth listening to, but he was but he was just so insulting to the Giants even by his standards that night.** The whole pregame he kept hapring on if the Saints had enough in them to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game.* This was at a time the Giants had a winning record and while slumping, still led their*division.* One of the other analysts, it may have been Jaws, but I can't remember, told*Young that he was forgetting the Giants were still a team to worth watching h and that they were playing the*Saints team he was referring to in less than an hour.* He took like 0.002 seconds to consider it and then esentially said the NFC was a two team race and that the*less than mediocre Giants weren't even worth commenting on.* This in a game his network*was about to broadcast!**I was thinking about that last night as Eli was taking a knee with over a minute to play.* Neither of* the teams that a-hole annointed*were going to the dance.* Young has had a long history of completely disrespecting the Giants, but the degree of arrogance of that comment just bothered the heck out of me.* I wonder if he even remembers his tool bag comments from two months ago.[/quote]

Have to love Fairweather fans.
    28 Posts since 2008.

Bench Player

Re: Steve Young

That's just an ignotant crappy uncessary comment. I've been a Giants fan since 1978. I've suffered through Dave Brown, Ray Handley and Danny Kannel. I was in the stands in 1997 when the Giants blew a seemingly insurmountable lead against the Vikes, and there again in 2001 when they avenged that miserable loss. I have sat in sub freezing games in late December freezing my butt off in 6-10 and 5-11 seasons, I have watched every single game they have played pillar to post for more than 30 years, I have missed people's wedding because they were on Giant sundays. How dare you! Just because I'm not a prolific writer, just because I don't have the time to post every day, while raising two children, caring for an elderly parent and working 60 hours a week does not in any way make me a fair weather fan. I bleed Giant blue.I posted a legitmate topic on this thread and that's your response?? Screw you and your ignorant comment. Now I remember why I don't usually post here. Morons like you who ruin it. F you.