+ Reply to Thread
Page 302 of 303 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303 LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3023
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Dallas has done a nice job rolling coverage over Beckham's way. After "The Catch" they have been game planning to stop him and they still couldn't beat us in the regular season last year. Wonder how they are going to deal with Marshall and Engram along with ODB and Shep.
    Probably hoping our run game stinks as usual so they at least don't have to leave can an extra guy in the box and they can at least double be one of them. But with those 4 it will be pivk your poison

I got a feeling Shep will be mostly ignored and will light up any team that does that
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Dallas has done a nice job rolling coverage over Beckham's way. After "The Catch" they have been game planning to stop him and they still couldn't beat us in the regular season last year. Wonder how they are going to deal with Marshall and Engram along with ODB and Shep.
    There are a lot of question marks surrounding the Dallas defense, so it’s hard to say how they’ll contend.

It largely depends on the impact of the rookies, redshirt sophomores, and the development of the younger guys.

The Defense certainly has more talent than it has had in a while, but it’s a very young group overall that could see a lot of mistakes or growing pains; there are 11 players under 25 that could reasonably play really big roles for us.

The Giants have definitely beefed up their receiving options so it’s not looking good for Dallas right now especially considering a week 1 matchup.

While Brandon Marshall is 33 and past his best days, he’s a great compliment to the smaller shiftier OBJ and SS2™, and he always seems to do well against us.

Engram is kind of an unknown right now. He’ll be a threat in the passing game, but I don’t know how much of an x factor he’ll actually be. What I mean by that is: when he comes out alongside OBJ, BMarsh, and SS2™, as a defense I can most likely just treat this as 4 wide. Because while he’s a very athletic guy for a TE, he’s really more of a big receiver than a hybrid like Vernon Davis. Nonethless, defending that 4 wide would still project to be difficult.

Reese has done a pretty good job of putting a team together the last couple of years, so it’ll be interesting to see how these last few years of Eli vs the first few years of Dak play out.
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 05-17-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    There are a lot of question marks surrounding the Dallas defense, so itís hard to say how theyíll contend.

It largely depends on the impact of the rookies, redshirt sophomores, and the development of the younger guys.

The Defense certainly has more talent than it has had in a while, but itís a very young group overall that could see a lot of mistakes or growing pains; there are 11 players under 25 that could reasonably play really big roles for us.

The Giants have definitely beefed up their receiving options so itís not looking good for Dallas right now especially considering a week 1 matchup.

While Brandon Marshall is 33 and past his best days, heís a great compliment to the smaller shiftier OBJ and SS2ô, and he always seems to do well against us.

Engram is kind of an unknown right now. Heíll be a threat in the passing game, but I donít know how much of an x factor heíll actually be. What I mean by that is: when he comes out alongside OBJ, BMarsh, and SS2ô, as a defense I can most likely just treat this as 4 wide. Because while heís a very athletic guy for a TE, heís really more of a big receiver than a hybrid like Vernon Davis. Nonethless, defending that 4 wide would still project to be difficult.

Reese has done a pretty good job of putting a team together the last couple of years, so itíll be interesting to see how these last few years of Eli vs the first few years of Dak play out.
    You're underselling proven commodity, Marshall and elevating unproven players by saying that they are young.

Using this logic I can say that our oline takes a huge step forward because flowers and hart are still under 24.

Marshall will be 33 but he had no problems abusing Sherman. Marshall is going to have a monster year.

You're underselling proven commodity, Marshall and elevating unproven players by saying that they are young.

Using this logic I can say that our oline takes a huge step forward because flowers and hart are still under 24.

Marshall will be 33 but he had no problems abusing Sherman. Marshall is going to have a monster year.
    But that's not really what I'm saying...

There are a lot of question marks surrounding the Dallas defense, so itís hard to say how theyíll contend....

...The Defense certainly has more talent than it has had in a while, but itís a very young group overall that could see a lot of mistakes or growing pains..

...While Brandon Marshall is 33 and past his best days, heís a great compliment to the smaller shiftier OBJ and SS2ô, and he always seems to do well against us.
    Brandon Marshall's best days are behind him, and I don't think that's underselling him because it's just a fact; He would be playing for $10+ mil if they weren't. But I still think he's going to be effective and in the role of a #2, he's gotta be pretty high up there in NFL rank.

the giants taking a used up marshall is no big threat. and lets not forget the giants still have that poor ol eli, lol. you know, the interception master.
    Last edited by J.R.Ewing; 05-18-2017 at 11:51 PM.

But that's not really what I'm saying...

Brandon Marshall's best days are behind him, and I don't think that's underselling him because it's just a fact; He would be playing for $10+ mil if they weren't. But I still think he's going to be effective and in the role of a #2, he's gotta be pretty high up there in NFL rank.
    We needed Tall and now we have 2 6'3" guys in Marshall and Engram. They might be old and young, but they're still tall and will have to be accounted for. I can't wait seems like a huge upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Probably hoping our run game stinks as usual so they at least don't have to leave can an extra guy in the box and they can at least double be one of them. But with those 4 it will be pivk your poison

I got a feeling Shep will be mostly ignored and will light up any team that does that
    I hope they don't just decide Engram is a WR and he out-dates the Sterling Shepard pick by resulting in Shepard being benched in favor of him.
    Almost what Cruz did to Jernigan, although we had Cruz before we drafted Jernigan, so that pick made no sense to begin with.
    I can't help but feel that Shepard was a desperate pick, I don't believe you take a WR who is under 6' unless you have no choice, so I don't think if these drafts went in reverse order that we would have taken Shepard still. I hope you're right though and he is used and takes advantage of his opportunities he's given.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.Ewing View Post
    the giants taking a used up marshall is no big threat. and lets not forget the giants still have that poor ol eli, lol. you know, the interception master.
    In the same time frame Eli has played. Dallas has had 12 different starting QBs and 2 playoff wins. You should be proud.
    Last edited by TEM; 05-20-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Veteran
    you mean that poor 2 time super bowl champion, super bowl mvp Eli? that guy? there hasn't been a cowboys QB in 20 years that could hold his jock, including prescott. hey are mcclain or gregory playing this year? and how about romo and prescott,,you know,,the choke when it's on the line masters? love fans of teams who haven't won **** in years running their yap,,keep it coming!

All-Pro
    That interception master owns your team in big games. Remind me again how long it's been since the Boys won a playoff game? Or were even in the playoffs?