+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dez at the club again!

All-Pro

Dez at the club again!

<FONT color=#364c88>Dallas Cowboys</FONT> wide receiver <FONT color=#364c88>Dez Bryant</FONT> was involved in an incident Sunday night at a Miami nightclub, but no arrest was made and no charges were filed, according to sources close to the player.</P>
    <P id=yui_3_4_1_1_1326762651484_2069>The incident is the latest in the series of off-the-field controversies for the second-year pro. In December, he was <FONT color=#364c88>sued by a New York-based finance company</FONT> for allegedly failing to repay the entirety of a $100,000 loan. Earlier this year, Bryant settled two lawsuits in which he was accused of not paying for jewelry he had ordered.</P>

Cowboys executive vice president/COO Stephen Jones <FONT color=#364c88>said after the former incident</FONT> that Bryant must learn "to get his hands around what he's doing off the field."</P>

</P>

OUR 88 is better then your 88</P>

Re: Dez at the club again!

Sounds like another T.O to me the cowboys will never learn Jerry Jones just loves these SEXY picks lmao

Cowboys will not win a lot till they improve the culture of their clubhouse.

wtf

This kid can be so good, I hope this ruins his career.

I've been a huge Dez Bryant fan since Ok.St. and think he could be one of the best WR's in the game but....right now...I can easily say Hakeem Nicks is the best 88 in the game.

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]Sounds like another T.O to me the cowboys will never learn Jerry Jones just loves these SEXY picks lmao[/quote]

Couldn't be more wrong.

Terrell Owens is a cancer in the locker room and an all time great when it comes to WR.
    Dez Bryant is a good teammate whose issues start and end when there's no football to be played.

Terrell Owens was a manipulator who could poison and infect a locker room enough to split it down the middle.
    Dez Bryant sticks up for teammates and gives a 100%. Not really smart enough to be a T.O., but don't get me wrong, not calling the kid dumb.

Terrell Owens was a me player
    Dez Bryant is a team player

Terrell Owens had a lot of drops
    Bryant led the league in the least amount of drops

Owens was a hard worker
    Bryant is a natural talent

I could go on and on, but I can just some this up by saying Bryant is closer to Irvin if we're comparing to former Cowboys players.

That said. This guy needs a baby-sitter.

[quote user="titwio"]I've been a huge Dez Bryant fan since Ok.St. and think he could be one of the best WR's in the game but....right now...I can easily say Hakeem Nicks is the best 88 in the game.[/quote]

I don't disagree. Right now at least. Nicks has surpassed expectations, Dez has fallen short.

I think Bryant's lack of production has been due to three major things.

1.) Slow learner
    2.) Lazy for the first half of his career when it came to game preparation
    3.) Romo's line rarely gives him enough time to get a pass off

None of which spell good things for the Cowboys. But I think Bryant is nowhere close to his full potential because of reasons 1, 2, and to a lesser extent, 3.

[quote user="NYfanatic"]Cowboys will not win a lot till they improve the culture of their clubhouse.
    [/quote]

Which is??

I agree if this was still 2008 it would make sense. But which players are 'trouble makers' in the Cowboys locker room?

The Cowboys will not win until the fix some gaping holes that have exist for the last few years-- has nothing to do with the culture or character of the team.

1.) No one to help Ware get pressure
    2.) Offensive line
    3.) Safeties
    4.) A cornerback that can cover outside of Mike Jenkins

Obviously, getting rid of Jerry would be the ideal thing.

Veteran

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="titwio"]I've been a huge Dez Bryant fan since Ok.St. and think he could be one of the best WR's in the game but....right now...I can easily say Hakeem Nicks is the best 88 in the game.[/quote]

I don't disagree. Right now at least. Nicks has surpassed expectations, Dez has fallen short.

I think Bryant's lack of production has been due to three major things.

1.) Slow learner
    2.) Lazy for the first half of his career when it came to game preparation
    3.) Romo's line rarely gives him enough time to get a pass off

None of which spell good things for the Cowboys. But I think Bryant is nowhere close to his full potential because of reasons 1, 2, and to a lesser extent, 3.
    [/quote]

Potential is all Bryant has at the moment. His production has been mediocre at best. The Giants have a terrible pass protecting offensive line as well, yet Eli still finds ways to get the ball's to his WRs and so does Romo for the most part.

To be honest, Laurent Robinson looked smarter, and much more dangerous in your offence then Bryant did. I just think Bryant will continue to be lazy and though the kid has awesome physical abilities he will never put in the time and effort to maximize his abilities it seems like.

+ Reply to Thread