+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dez at the club again!

Veteran

Re: Dez at the club again!

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]Sounds like another T.O to me the cowboys will never learn Jerry Jones just loves these SEXY picks lmao[/quote]

Couldn't be more wrong.

Terrell Owens is a cancer in the locker room and an all time great when it comes to WR.
    Dez Bryant is a good teammate whose issues start and end when there's no football to be played.

Terrell Owens was a manipulator who could poison and infect a locker room enough to split it down the middle.
    Dez Bryant sticks up for teammates and gives a 100%. Not really smart enough to be a T.O., but don't get me wrong, not calling the kid dumb.

Terrell Owens was a me player
    Dez Bryant is a team player

Terrell Owens had a lot of drops
    Bryant led the league in the least amount of drops

Owens was a hard worker
    Bryant is a natural talent

I could go on and on, but I can just some this up by saying Bryant is closer to Irvin if we're comparing to former Cowboys players.

That said. This guy needs a baby-sitter.
    [/quote]

Yeah as usual I have to agree with you here, I remember last season in the game where we injured Romo, we were killing you guys and the whole team just looked deflated by what was happening. Then Bryant comes out of nowhere like a man possessed and almost wins the game single handedly.

I remember being jealous at the time, I mean who wouldn't want a guy like that on your team? But then stuff like this happens and yea, no thanks we're good.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="titwio"]I've been a huge Dez Bryant fan since Ok.St. and think he could be one of the best WR's in the game but....right now...I can easily say Hakeem Nicks is the best 88 in the game.[/quote]

I don't disagree. Right now at least. Nicks has surpassed expectations, Dez has fallen short.

I think Bryant's lack of production has been due to three major things.

1.) Slow learner
    2.) Lazy for the first half of his career when it came to game preparation
    3.) Romo's line rarely gives him enough time to get a pass off

None of which spell good things for the Cowboys. But I think Bryant is nowhere close to his full potential because of reasons 1, 2, and to a lesser extent, 3.
    [/quote]

Potential is all Bryant has at the moment. His production has been mediocre at best. The Giants have a terrible pass protecting offensive line as well, yet Eli still finds ways to get the ball's to his WRs and so does Romo for the most part.

To be honest, Laurent Robinson looked smarter, and much more dangerous in your offence then Bryant did. I just think Bryant will continue to be lazy and though the kid has awesome physical abilities he will never put in the time and effort to maximize his abilities it seems like.[/quote]

He's turned into more of a redzone threat than anything, and I think 'mediocre' would aptly describe that. I could make excuses for him, but I'm not going to. He's been good, but not near elite.

Laurent Robinson is the kind of player that Romo has typically had success finding-- a street baller when things break down, and a speedster that causes separation (if you ask me we're building the WR corps incorrectly around him).

I don't see Bryant continuing to be lazy. The second half of the season, he showed his work ethic off the field.

And don't even go there. Eli has terrible pass protection? Maybe against stronger pass rushes like Washington and Philadelphia (who Romo also struggled against) but for the most part Eli was under less pressure during the regular season, and has been in virtually none in the playoffs. The Giants were the ranked higher than all of the predominantly passing teams in protection except for the Saints. Despite having more attempts and not having a solid run game to lean on (meaning his o'line was under more duress) the Giants o'line ranked far better than the Cowboys pass protection.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]Sounds like another T.O to me the cowboys will never learn Jerry Jones just loves these SEXY picks lmao[/quote]

Couldn't be more wrong.

Terrell Owens is a cancer in the locker room and an all time great when it comes to WR.
    Dez Bryant is a good teammate whose issues start and end when there's no football to be played.

Terrell Owens was a manipulator who could poison and infect a locker room enough to split it down the middle.
    Dez Bryant sticks up for teammates and gives a 100%. Not really smart enough to be a T.O., but don't get me wrong, not calling the kid dumb.

Owens was a hard worker

I could go on and on, but I can just some this up by saying Bryant is closer to Irvin if we're comparing to former Cowboys players.

[/quote]

Yeah as usual I have to agree with you here, I remember last season in the game where we injured Romo, we were killing you guys and the whole team just looked deflated by what was happening. Then Bryant comes out of nowhere like a man possessed and almost wins the game single handedly.

I remember being jealous at the time, I mean who wouldn't want a guy like that on your team? But then stuff like this happens and yea, no thanks we're good.[/quote]

Don't blame you. Nicks has far out performed Bryant thus far and Cruz is a play maker. Manningham isn't that great, but who needs to be with those two guys in front of you.

Veteran

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="titwio"]I've been a huge Dez Bryant fan since Ok.St. and think he could be one of the best WR's in the game but....right now...I can easily say Hakeem Nicks is the best 88 in the game.[/quote]

I don't disagree. Right now at least. Nicks has surpassed expectations, Dez has fallen short.

1.) Slow learner

None of which spell good things for the Cowboys. But I think Bryant is nowhere close to his full potential because of reasons 1, 2, and to a lesser extent, 3.
    [/quote]

Potential is all Bryant has at the moment. His production has been mediocre at best. The Giants have a terrible pass protecting offensive line as well, yet Eli still finds ways to get the ball's to his WRs and so does Romo for the most part.

To be honest, Laurent Robinson looked smarter, and much more dangerous in your offence then Bryant did. I just think Bryant will continue to be lazy and though the kid has awesome physical abilities he will never put in the time and effort to maximize his abilities it seems like.[/quote]

He's turned into more of a redzone threat than anything, and I think 'mediocre' would aptly describe that. I could make excuses for him, but I'm not going to. He's been good, but not near elite.

Laurent Robinson is the kind of player that Romo has typically had success finding-- a street baller when things break down, and a speedster that causes separation (if you ask me we're building the WR corps incorrectly around him).

I don't see Bryant continuing to be lazy. The second half of the season, he showed his work ethic off the field.

And don't even go there. Eli has terrible pass protection? Maybe against stronger pass rushes like Washington and Philadelphia (who Romo also struggled against) but for the most part Eli was under less pressure during the regular season, and has been in virtually none in the playoffs. The Giants were the ranked higher than all of the predominantly passing teams in protection* except for the Saints. Despite having more attempts and not having a solid run game to lean on (meaning his o'line was under more duress) the Giants o'line ranked far better than the Cowboys pass protection.
    [/quote]

According to pro football focus the Giants have the worse pass protecting tackles in the league. Dhiel and Mckenzie have been terrible all year. Our guards haven't been much better. Eli is just smart in the pocket and gets the ball out quick.

On the other hand, also according to pro football focus, Tyron Smith is the best rookie tackle since Jake Long and only struggled in one game (against philly) the whole year. Doug Free has been decent but with a "prow bowl snub" in Smith I would say Romo got a lot better protection then did Mr Manning.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="titwio"]I've been a huge Dez Bryant fan since Ok.St. and think he could be one of the best WR's in the game but....right now...I can easily say Hakeem Nicks is the best 88 in the game.[/quote]

1.) Slow learner

[/quote]

And don't even go there. Eli has terrible pass protection? Maybe against stronger pass rushes like Washington and Philadelphia (who Romo also struggled against) but for the most part Eli was under less pressure during the regular season, and has been in virtually none in the playoffs. The Giants were the ranked higher than all of the predominantly passing teams in protection except for the Saints. Despite having more attempts and not having a solid run game to lean on (meaning his o'line was under more duress) the Giants o'line ranked far better than the Cowboys pass protection.
    [/quote]

According to pro football focus the Giants have the worse pass protecting tackles in the league. Dhiel and Mckenzie have been terrible all year. Our guards haven't been much better. Eli is just smart in the pocket and gets the ball out quick.

On the other hand, also according to pro football focus, Tyron Smith is the best rookie tackle since Jake Long and only struggled in one game (against philly) the whole year. Doug Free has been decent but with a "prow bowl snub" in Smith I would say Romo got a lot better protection then did Mr Manning.[/quote]

Guess it depends on where you go for your stats.

Tyron Smith is the youngest player in the NFL if I'm not mistaken, but he played damn well. That said, Doug Free was a huge disappointment this year, and the interior lineman were average to below average. They graded out on football outsiders (which doesn't take hurries into consideration, just sacks and intentional groundings it seems), at number 13. The Giants ranked 6.

But throwing my stats out the window (because I'm not too certain how reliable they are) over the last four weeks, I've seen the protection Eli's had. Not saying he's had that kind of protection all year, but many times he has all day to throw the ball. Can't say I've seen the same for our passing attack.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="NYfanatic"]Cowboys will not win a lot till they improve the culture of their front office.
    [/quote]

Which is??
    [/quote]
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="NYfanatic"]Cowboys will not win a lot till they improve the culture of their front office.
    [/quote]

Which is??
    [/quote][/quote]

ha yeah, don't even get me started on Jerry.

Starter

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]Sounds like another T.O to me the cowboys will never learn Jerry Jones just loves these SEXY picks lmao[/quote]

Couldn't be more wrong.

Owens was a hard worker

[/quote]

Obviously your right those comparisons show different but basically it comes down to this we hear more about him off the football field then on it and that isn't good and it makes it seem like he is more concerned about his jewelry then making an impact on the field. Now we don't know him or know what his personality is like on the field and no one but his team mates does but you can see where people get the idea he is slowly turning into a cancer with all of his off the field distractions. I wish the guy the best of luck though in getting all of these distractions cleared up.

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]Sounds like another T.O to me the cowboys will never learn Jerry Jones just loves these SEXY picks lmao[/quote]

Couldn't be more wrong.

Owens was a hard worker

[/quote]

Obviously your right those comparisons show different but basically it comes down to this we hear more about him off the football field then on it and that isn't good and it makes it seem like he is more concerned about his jewelry then making an impact on the field. Now we don't know him or know what his personality is like on the field and no one but his team mates does but you can see where people get the idea he is slowly turning into a cancer with all of his off the field distractions. I wish the guy the best of luck though in getting all of these distractions cleared up.[/quote]

True but there is a difference between troubled players and players that cause problems within the team.

Not saying one is better than the other. But clearly Bryant isn't disrupting the team like Owens did-- just himself and his possible future. More so like Irvin before he cleaned up his act (a bit at least) rather than Owens.

Owens didn't have off the field issues, just locker room drama that absolutely ruined team chemistry in Valley Ranch.

That's all I'm getting at.

Dez needs to realize what he is and get rid of the dead weight (his homies). He is not a locker room cancer and all reports say that he is a great teammate. The stuff he is involved with is actually really nothing major. He is a potential star for the most dramatic team in the NFL. ANYTHING he does is going to get blown up and he needs to realize that before he is banished to the Oakland Raiders
    Close or you hit the bricks

+ Reply to Thread