+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

non-calls on roughing Eli

I hear that there were 2 cases of helmet to helmet and one other late hit not called. Can someone tell me about where to look for them in the game as I re-watch it?

Re: non-calls on roughing Eli

3rd & 4th qtr I think.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Veteran

The first one was around the 6:30 mark in the 2nd Q. The other two were in the 3rd Q I believe. The helmet-to-helmets were first then the late hit.

Thanks!

I don't know about helmet-to-helmet, but it looked like Hawk or Matthews hit Eli in the back clearly after he threw the ball and the hitter's head was up, so he must have known that the ball was thrown. It wasn't dirty, but it was more questionable than that bogus call on Osi.

Veteran

There were several late hits on Eli that weren't called....they are scattered throughtout the game.

All-Pro

What a joke. In a league that doesn't allow you to look at the QB the wrong way Eli gets blasted with a helmet to helmet hit and no call. Osi hits the QB clean and gets a personal foul.

That was embarrassing yesterday.

There was really only one hit that I was very surprised wasn't called. It was both late AND helmet to helmet by Bishop.

Eli threw the ball and had enough time to turn around and Bishop still goes helmet first right into Eli's faskmask, didn't even make contact with any other part of Eli's body. It was purely a head hit.

It surprised me when it wasn't called, but I didn't get furious until the phantom roughing call on Osi b/c at least with the Eli hit you could say "ok, they're letting them play". It was the inconsistency in the call that got me heated.

Mayock pointed out that you know that calls were horrible b.c we're still infuriated even though the Giants won handily.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Bench Player

Agreed with trueblue....I saw the same thing and couldn't believe it wasn't called. Eli tossed the ball and could have made a sandwich before getting hit...no consistency with these calls

Yeh I watched the game and saw a play where aftereli throws the ball a defensive player comes at him from the front hits eli on the top of the helmut with his arm and hand and continues toclaw right down eli's face mask and helmut at the same time , he is hit from behind by another player, definitely a couple of fouls. That was a travesty of NFL officiating. The league needs to accept the responsibility for the error and their refs need to make amends for their poor judgement calls and erroneous calls. I forget which quarter but thinbk it was the 4th.