+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bay areas perspective

So im a cowboys fan livin in the bay area and ive noticed you guys havin the niner fans all wrong. Theyre not as down to earth level headed fans as youre givin em credit for. Lets see, theyve said they dont have to worry bout the tightend against you guys. Theyve said your run game is weak( i dont think theyve seen what a healthy bradshaw and jacobs have been doing) and the real kicker is theyre even putting alex on the same level as the top qbs in the league. San fransisco fans are some of the weakest fairweather fans ive ever seen. It was the same way when the baseball giants won the series. Thats why you guys cant get on their boards. Theyre beeing flooded with new accounts. Good luck this weekend we can hate each other again next year but right now bring another one back for the nfc beast.

Bench Player

Re: bay areas perspective

troll trying to start drama between niners and giants fans lol!

Funny I don't remember saying these things. Hmm...

I sincerely hope San Fran fans think they're better than us. They should have tons of confidence in their team they've got the #2 seed nasty defense and a quarterback that just had the game of his career... That team is loaded if they don't have lofty expectations then that's a pretty weak and suspect group of fans.

Honestly our fanbase isn't that great. I live here in the city and while we are a good fanbase, it isn't anything close to the Steelers, who just flooded the entire city when we played them Monday Night it was absurd. If the team is winning like this, they'll show up, but it's not like Buffalo where it's packed every single game regardless. Part of it is that we have a lot of things to do in San Francisco and the bay area is expensive. Getting to games at Candlestick sucks too as highway 101 is the only way to get there. It's more of a baseball town. Much more. Like Randy Cross said one time, we are kind of like a "wine and cheese" fanbase.

[quote user="Black59Razor"]Honestly our fanbase isn't that great. I live here in the city and while we are a good fanbase, it isn't anything close to the Steelers, who just flooded the entire city when we played them Monday Night it was absurd. If the team is winning like this, they'll show up, but it's not like Buffalo where it's packed every single game regardless. Part of it is that we have a lot of things to do in San Francisco and the bay area is expensive. Getting to games at Candlestick sucks too as highway 101 is the only way to get there. It's more of a baseball town. Much more. Like Randy Cross said one time, we are kind of like a "wine and cheese" fanbase.
    [/quote]Well some people are die hard fans so they expoiot themselves. Then we have the Bandwagon Fans and so on. All teams have their no good fans who like to talk mess.

I've got to hand out some back-handed compliments here...

Here in NY there are a lot of bandwagon fans that follow other teams -- don't get me wrong the Giants and Jets have their loyal fanbases but there are so many people in the NYC area (plus people who move here from all over the country).

I know the 49ers and Cowboys have their hard-core true believer fans but we get the worst of the shallow bandwagon loons out here. These are the people I am speaking of.

The 49er fans were some of the worst bandwagon-jumping shallow people I've ever come across and completely disappear when the 49ers are not playing good football (which has been the case for the last 10 years).

The Cowboy fans, as shallow as they are, at least still cluelessly pull for the Cowboys even if they can't name an offensive lineman and no matter how badly they are playing.

I mentioned in another thread that the dynasties of the 1970s seem to endure because that's when the NFL exploded as America's new passtime. I've noticed that, no matter how bad they are playing, the Steelers, Cowboys, and Raiders fans come out of the woodwork. But the newer dynasties -- 49ers, Pats, etc. -- don't seem to have that same staying power.

I think the city is pretty fair-weather too. I was out in the Bay area a few times in the late 90s and early 00s, did you guys stop to think why they're still playing in a decrepit baseball stadium that even the baseball team abandoned? They were trying (and failing hard) to build a football stadium back then and the public votes kept failing, and then they went through an ownership shakeup in that time. Well here we are 10 years later and I think they are the last team playing in a baseball stadium (the Marlins are moving out of the Dolphins stadium in Miami) and a terrible baseball stadium at that.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]I've got to hand out some back-handed compliments here...

Here in NY there are a lot of bandwagon fans that follow other teams -- don't get me wrong the Giants and Jets have their loyal fanbases but there are so many people in the NYC area (plus people who move here from all over the country).

I know the 49ers and Cowboys have their hard-core true believer fans but we get the worst of the shallow bandwagon loons out here. These are the people I am speaking of.

The 49er fans were some of the worst bandwagon-jumping shallow people I've ever come across and completely disappear when the 49ers are not playing good football (which has been the case for the last 10 years).

The Cowboy fans, as shallow as they are, at least still cluelessly pull for the Cowboys even if they can't name an offensive lineman and no matter how badly they are playing.
    [/quote]

I like your GIF...but can someone post the old Jim Burt hit on Montana, too. I'm not to saavvy w the PC j***....

Can't find a GIF but here's a youtube vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Y_fUOF2HA#t=5s
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="Black59Razor"]Honestly our fanbase isn't that great. I live here in the city and while we are a good fanbase, it isn't anything close to the Steelers, who just flooded the entire city when we played them Monday Night it was absurd. If the team is winning like this, they'll show up, but it's not like Buffalo where it's packed every single game regardless. Part of it is that we have a lot of things to do in San Francisco and the bay area is expensive. Getting to games at Candlestick sucks too as highway 101 is the only way to get there. It's more of a baseball town. Much more. Like Randy Cross said one time, we are kind of like a "wine and cheese" fanbase.
    [/quote]

what??? You are using the excuse of there is are so many things to do???? On Sundays during football season if you are a true die hard fan there is only one thing that has to be done....and thats watch the game at some point.

Oh BTW....the NY/NJ areas has a few things to do as well....dont you think? And as far as expensive dont even go there!!! Another BTW....NY/NJ is a Yankee town to boot. I am more of a football fam but the Yanks a few more rings than the Gianst.....lol. Just ask Tuck....lol

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch