+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

30 - 13: Average score last 4 games

Since the Jets game, we've been destroying our opponents by a score of 30 - 13. That's against 1 good D, lousy O (Jets); 1 good O / so-so D ('boys); 1 jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none (Falcs); 1 best O in league, 15-1 defending SB champs / mediocre D (I say mediocre instead of lousy because of all of their interceptions).

It may sound crazy because we just beat the 15-1 defending SB champs on their own turf, but we haven't beaten a team as complete (and with the type of D) as the 49ers yet. I have no doubt that whoever wins the NFC, wins the SB.

This is going to be a tough game on a solid teams home turf, but I predict a 26 - 23 victory for the Giants. I think it's going to involve a LOT of field goals.

Re: 30 - 13: Average score last 4 games

call me crazy but i cant see it being that close of a game because i cannot buy into alex smith. NO generated zero pass rush on Smith which made him look better than he actually is. Their defense is outstanding but NO managed to put up 32 points on them despite having 5 turnovers on which the 49ers managed to only score 13 points off of...i see it as more of a 27-13 victory

A lot of field goals? Sounds like an earlier NFC title game in SF I can recall. If it ends the same way, I'll take it...

[quote user="meanseen"]call me crazy but i cant see it being that close of a game because i cannot buy into alex smith. NO generated zero pass rush on Smith which made him look better than he actually is. Their defense is outstanding but NO managed to put up 32 points on them despite having 5 turnovers on which the 49ers managed to only score 13 points off of...i see it as more of a 27-13 victory[/quote]
    Great points, all of them. But every team is different and NO was an offensive nightmare for any defense. As a 49er fan pointed out in another thread, Gore is healthy this time, but man -- I really like our chances. They're D has been the best all year round, but ours has been playing up to their ability and our O has been very good all year long. We almost beat SF when our team was just so banged up. I've got to love our chances in this game.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="meanseen"]call me crazy but i cant see it being that close of a game because i cannot buy into alex smith. NO generated zero pass rush on Smith which made him look better than he actually is. Their defense is outstanding but NO managed to put up 32 points on them despite having 5 turnovers on which the 49ers managed to only score 13 points off of...i see it as more of a 27-13 victory[/quote]
    Great points, all of them. But every team is different and NO was an offensive nightmare for any defense. As a 49er fan pointed out in another thread, Gore is healthy this time, but man -- I really like our chances. They're D has been the best all year round, but ours has been playing up to their ability and our O has been very good all year long. We almost beat SF when our team was just so banged up. I've got to love our chances in this game.[/quote]i agree every team is different. however, seeing the way the giants dismantled the undisputed best team in the league (their only two touchdowns were the results of terrible referree calls on the fumble and osi hit) we basically held the best offense since the '07 patriots to a measly field goal, i cannot see the giants losing at the 'Stick. This 49ers offense is being overrated right now because of their great performance against NO, and while their defense is great, the combo of cruz, nicks, manningham, ballard, bradshaw, and jacobs will prove to be too much in the long run

Veteran

[quote user="meanseen"]call me crazy but i cant see it being that close of a game because i cannot buy into alex smith. NO generated zero pass rush on Smith which made him look better than he actually is. Their defense is outstanding but NO managed to put up 32 points on them despite having 5 turnovers on which the 49ers managed to only score 13 points off of...i see it as more of a 27-13 victory[/quote]

exactly. 49ers think they have a good defense after that? lol Eli might turn it over once if theyre lucky. if i was betting on the game and you told me there would be no turnovers I would put my entire lifes savings on the giants haha. we're more talented

and take away those 2 bs TDs that shouldnt have happened because of blown calls and the average is 30-9. dominant

[quote user="meanseen"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="meanseen"]call me crazy but i cant see it being that close of a game because i cannot buy into alex smith. NO generated zero pass rush on Smith which made him look better than he actually is. Their defense is outstanding but NO managed to put up 32 points on them despite having 5 turnovers on which the 49ers managed to only score 13 points off of...i see it as more of a 27-13 victory[/quote]
    Great points, all of them. But every team is different and NO was an offensive nightmare for any defense. As a 49er fan pointed out in another thread, Gore is healthy this time, but man -- I really like our chances. They're D has been the best all year round, but ours has been playing up to their ability and our O has been very good all year long. We almost beat SF when our team was just so banged up. I've got to love our chances in this game.[/quote]i agree every team is different. however, seeing the way the giants dismantled the undisputed best team in the league (their only two touchdowns were the results of terrible referree calls on the fumble and osi hit) we basically held the best offense since the '07 patriots to a measly field goal, i cannot see the giants losing at the 'Stick. This 49ers offense is being overrated right now because of their great performance against NO, and while their defense is great, the combo of cruz, nicks, manningham, ballard, bradshaw, and jacobs will prove to be too much in the long run[/quote]
    People have been saying that the 49ers O is overrated the entire year, but yet here they are in the championship game after going 12-3 and beating NO. They're a solid O; not as good as ours, but solid.

The big difference in my mind, of course, is that this is just a totally different Giants team then earlier. Other fans are misreading this Giants team as just being lucky, perhaps, because they didn't see a talented team that we saw but was just injured -- they just saw a mediocre team that couldn't get out of it's own way. Well, they were wrong -- we are now seeing the Giants team that most of thought they were capable of being.

If 49er fans want to discount the victory against GB because of dropped passes, that's fine. They'll be extra surprised when they get "surprised" by the Giants.

our defense truly gave up 4 pts per game the last 2 weeks.
    The refs gave the packers 2 tds they got

[quote user="tripleaamin9"]our defense truly gave up 4 pts per game the last 2 weeks.
    The refs gave the packers 2 tds they got
    [/quote]
    GB also dropped a boat-load of passes. But I'm not knocking our D -- that GB offense was one heck of a talent and catching the ball is part of the game.

I don't think SF receivers will have nearly the amount of opportunities as GB had anyway. Our secondary has been playing very well and aggressive.

San Fran is going to play us a lot like we played Green bay... They are going to give us the intermediate stuff underneath but no big plays down the field nothing over the top... Eli is going to have to be patient and take advantage when he gets his opportunities.