+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on the run game?

We had 95 yards on the ground in the GB game, but I felt that it was effective anyway. We definitely got big runs when we needed it. 10 yards were from Manning (Ware had 2 carries for 0 yards), but AB and BJ gained 85 yards on 21 carries for a 4.0 YPC with 1 TD. We had 27 rush attempts and 33 pass attempts -- pretty nice balance.

I know the Pack stunk against the pass, but how were they against the run this year? Any idea why we didn't get more yardage like we did against the Falcs (was it just because our WRs were so open, so we just threw it more)? How do you see our running game doing against the 49ers?

Starter

Re: Thoughts on the run game?

I don't think I should comment since my dental work cost so much money.

[quote user="AntB"]I don't think I should comment since my dental work cost so much money.[/quote]
    Ha! What? Was the thread that boring?

i have posted it. Worse w/baas. Takes half a game to get going, and when we do its always away from center/guard runs.

Better w/boote @ center and petrus @ guard. But at this point it won't happen, unless an injury occurs. (which obviously I hope no one gets injured on either team)
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Veteran

Honestly i think its time to swap out ware for scott and let him try those shotgun draws see if his speed can negate the crumbling gaps in the line.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="DragonSoul"]i have posted it. Worse w/baas. Takes half a game to get going, and when we do its always away from center/guard runs.

Better w/boote @ center and petrus @ guard. But at this point it won't happen, unless an injury occurs. (which obviously I hope no one gets injured on either team)[/quote]
    I know, I know -- I'm a Boothe & Petrus guy, too.

[quote user="rainierjef"]Honestly i think its time to swap out ware for scott and let him try those shotgun draws see if his speed can negate the crumbling gaps in the line.
    [/quote]
    I like that idea, but I don't know about putting Scott in there now. If we had started using him late in the season, fine, but I don't know about the playoffs. I'd love to see his speed utilized.

Does it bother anyone that if you take aways Rodgers running for 66 yards, that the other GB rushers ran for about 5.0 YPC? And the GB run game stinks. What does it say about our run D? I know that we were concentrating against the pass and the SF offense is different, but I still like to see dominance against anyone's run game.

Veteran

[quote user="rainierjef"]Honestly i think its time to swap out ware for scott and let him try those shotgun draws see if his speed can negate the crumbling gaps in the line.
    [/quote]

if that was the case then the raiders would be superbowl champions every year. speed is not everything and a lot of times it means nothing. Scott was garbage in college and as a result he was a 7th round pick... thanks to his speed. I don't ever expect anything out of Scott but half the posters on these boards do because "bradshaw was a 7th round pick!! scott's the next bradshaw!!!"

bradshaw is an exception not the rule.

Bench Player

Discounting the 3 big runs AB and BJ had, I was really disappointed once again. It seems like so much work for this team to gain 5 yards on the ground. Most runs I see are 2-3 yards. The O Line just has so much trouble opening up a decent hole.

There is no way we run on the 9ers, and I'm hoping there are no crucial 3rd/4th and 1 plays for us this upcoming weekend.