+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

League explains Leavy’s replay ruling

Longtime reader, first time writer... or something like that.
    Just wanted to share the recent explanation that the league had to offer for Leavy's replay ruling.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...replay-ruling/

Turns out we are all blind and Leavy's eyes work better than the replay system....
    As first a football fan, than a Giants fan I can say that I am just disgusted by the explanation issued for this ruling.

Veteran

Re: League explains Leavy’s replay ruling

[quote user="casper6633"]Longtime reader, first time writer... or something like that.
    Just wanted to share the recent explanation that the league had to offer for Leavy's replay ruling.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...replay-ruling/

Turns out we are all blind and Leavy's eyes work better than the replay system....*
    As first a football fan, than a Giants fan I can say that I am just disgusted by the explanation issued for this ruling.
    [/quote]

Regardless of what the bull**** call was, it shouldn't have been overruled on the field as packers ball. this means that the packers would have had to supply the burden of proof and since it was "indisputable" according to leavy the giants should have gotten possesion,

League translation: We told Leavy/other refs to deliver us a Rodgers vs. Brady Superbowl

Are you ****ing kidding me? **** you Goodell, you POS.

Look at the comments gentlemen. After all the BS this team has faced we finally have an obvious occurrence of conspiracy to set certain profitable matchups for the NFL.

If they had simply admitted their error, we would have moved on. As it stands, I'm ****ing PO'd, and feel like something has to be done.

Well I'm glad the league cleared that up for all of us.

/facepalm

They're still wrong. Everybody in America, from San Fransisco to Green Bay to New York, EVERYBODY knew that was a fumble. Everybody except Bill Leavy that is.

But I don't buy the argument that this was a deliberate attempt to do Green Bay any favors. Leavy's crew was terrible all season long regardless of who was playing. It's just a God awful crew that should have never been assigned to a playoff game to begin with. Hopefully next season they won't be assigned to any regular season games either. That way they won't be eligible for postseason work.

clearly the nfl wanted a greenbay vs pats superbowl............even crooked refs could not help them.

[quote user="Gunakor"]Well I'm glad the league cleared that up for all of us.

/facepalm

They're still wrong. Everybody in America, from San Fransisco to Green Bay to New York, EVERYBODY knew that was a fumble. Everybody except Bill Leavy that is.

But I don't buy the argument that this was a deliberate attempt to do Green Bay any favors. Leavy's crew was terrible all season long regardless of who was playing. It's just a God awful crew that should have never been assigned to a playoff game to begin with. Hopefully next season they won't be assigned to any regular season games either. That way they won't be eligible for postseason work.[/quote]

agree with this. clearly a bad call but i don't believe it's a conspiracy. more along the lines of the nfl trying to protect their refs, happens in other sports too. governing bodies never want to admit when their employees have made a mistake. seems to extend into government somewhat as well

[quote user="OneGiantLeap"]Are you ****ing kidding me? **** you Goodell, you POS.

Look at the comments gentlemen. After all the BS this team has faced we finally have an obvious occurrence of conspiracy to set certain profitable matchups for the NFL.

If they had simply admitted their error, we would have moved on. As it stands, I'm ****ing PO'd, and feel like something has to be done.
    [/quote]

maybe the Fix will be on our side this weekend!!!!!! Giants/Pats rematch is probably the most profitable matchup left! Unless they go the Harbaugh Bowl route..-_-

Kidding. screw the refs..don't need their help.

[quote user="easterbeast"]clearly the nfl wanted a greenbay vs pats superbowl............even crooked refs could not help them.
    [/quote]

Do you honestly think that the NFL a multi billion dollar corporation would try to fix games? Did you not see what congress did to baseball with the whole steroids fiasco? What do you think they would do to the NFL if a game fixing scandal by the league was uncovered? I'm sorry but I just can not beleive that the NFL would risk the demise of their entire business model just to get a favorable matchup in the Superbowl...

Dear Roger Goodell,

THE CHAMPS ARE DEADDDDDDDDDDDDDD!