+ Reply to Thread

Giants D-line is going to have problems

I think that if our DC doesn't blitz a good amount of time to give our D-line more one on one opportunities, it can be bad for us. I think that the 49ers have a good O-line that will give their qb a lot of protection. Smith can also run to so I think the Giants need to look at that as well. This can be real bad for the Giants since Smith can make any pass situations a option pass.

Re: Giants D-line is going to have problems

[quote user="Diamondring"]I think that if our DC doesn't blitz a good amount of time to give our D-line more one on one opportunities, it can be bad for us. I think that the 49ers have a good O-line that will give their qb a lot of protection. Smith can also run to so I think the Giants need to look at that as well. This can be real bad for the Giants since Smith can make any pass situations a option pass.[/quote]

i dont think u understand the complexity of having the type of DL we do. OL have to double either jpp, tuck, or osi. therefore, we get 1v1 all over the line. its just a matter of whoever gets the 1v1 of capitalizing.

we dont need to blitz at all to get 1 v 1 matchups, the quality de's we have do that for us. now if the goal of the blitz is to force the qb into the pass rush as opposed to scrambling away, yeah i think we have to blitz and mix things up. its why we started to blitz boley, we got tired of him scrambling so we sent him to bring pressure from areas rodgers could scramble from, and it ended up in rodgers having nowhere to go.

but vs SF, blitzing means that THEY will most likely get 1v1 with one of there guys and it could be Davis, so blitz to mix things up, but as has been our defensive philosophy when we got the DL healthy, its to utilize 4 downed lineman to get pressure, and drop the rest off into coverage.

Re: Giants D-line is going to have problems

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Diamondring"]I think that if our DC doesn't blitz a good amount of time to give our D-line more one on one opportunities, it can be bad for us. I think that the 49ers have a good O-line that will give their qb a lot of protection. Smith can also run to so I think the Giants need to look at that as well. This can be real bad for the Giants since Smith can make any pass situations a option pass.[/quote]

i dont think u understand the complexity of having the type of DL we do. OL have to double either jpp, tuck, or osi. therefore, we get 1v1 all over the line. its just a matter of whoever gets the 1v1 of capitalizing.

we dont need to blitz at all to get 1 v 1 matchups, the quality de's we have do that for us. now if the goal of the blitz is to force the qb into the pass rush as opposed to scrambling away, yeah i think we have to blitz and mix things up. its why we started to blitz boley, we got tired of him scrambling so we sent him to bring pressure from areas rodgers could scramble from, and it ended up in rodgers having nowhere to go.

but vs SF, blitzing means that THEY will most likely get 1v1 with one of there guys and it could be Davis, so blitz to mix things up, but as has been our defensive philosophy when we got the DL healthy, its to utilize 4 downed lineman to get pressure, and drop the rest off into coverage.[/quote]I hope you are right.