+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last week I mentioned the X factor was Coaching, this week it will be the QBS.

I feel both defenses will play close or near to the level they have been playing recently. So it will come down to QBS.

Alex Smith has not faced a defense like this before (after being healthy). Alex was hot and cold in the Saints game. 1st quarter (with I believe 2-3 turnovers) he put up points, but he should have put more up against that defense. Then it was dead till the end of the 4th quarter. Then Alex had two very good drives at the end, but do not forget the defense he faced. It will be interesting to see how he does in the back to back games, and vs a tougher defense that is finally healthy and playing at its best.

Eli played fairly well vs the 49ers. He had 1 bad int, and another int that was caused because of a bad route by Mario. It was also a game that was very badly called by KG (remember all those shotgun draws?) but even with that, we had a chance to win, if not for a tip.

Also do not forget (which I did, the team it happened against) they did that onside kick and recovered on 2nd half kickoff. The Giants were also leading the 49ers till Boley went out with an injury, and right after that we got a rookie in the game who blew a coverage, and it gave Davis a long catch/run for the go ahead TD.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

All-Pro

Re: Last week I mentioned the X factor was Coaching, this week it will be the QBS.

[quote user="DragonSoul"]I feel both defenses will play close or near to the level they have been playing recently. So it will come down to QBS. Alex Smith has not faced a defense like this before (after being healthy). Alex was hot and cold in the Saints game. 1st quarter (with I believe 2-3 turnovers) he put up points, but he should have put more up against that defense. Then it was dead till the end of the 4th quarter. Then Alex had two very good drives at the end, but do not forget the defense he faced. It will be interesting to see how he does in the back to back games, and vs a tougher defense that is finally healthy and playing at its best. Eli played fairly well vs the 49ers. He had 1 bad int, and another int that was caused because of a bad route by Mario. It was also a game that was very badly called by KG (remember all those shotgun draws?) but even with that, we had a chance to win, if not for a tip. Also do not forget (which I did, the team it happened against) they did that onside kick and recovered on 2nd half kickoff. The Giants were also leading the 49ers till Boley went out with an injury, and right after that we got a rookie in the game who blew a coverage, and it gave Davis a long catch/run for the go ahead TD.[/quote]

agreed

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Last week I mentioned the X factor was Coaching, this week it will be the QBS.

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="DragonSoul"]I feel both defenses will play close or near to the level they have been playing recently. So it will come down to QBS. Alex Smith has not faced a defense like this before (after being healthy). Alex was hot and cold in the Saints game. 1st quarter (with I believe 2-3 turnovers) he put up points, but he should have put more up against that defense. Then it was dead till the end of the 4th quarter. Then Alex had two very good drives at the end, but do not forget the defense he faced. It will be interesting to see how he does in the back to back games, and vs a tougher defense that is finally healthy and playing at its best. Eli played fairly well vs the 49ers. He had 1 bad int, and another int that was caused because of a bad route by Mario. It was also a game that was very badly called by KG (remember all those shotgun draws?) but even with that, we had a chance to win, if not for a tip. Also do not forget (which I did, the team it happened against) they did that onside kick and recovered on 2nd half kickoff. The Giants were also leading the 49ers till Boley went out with an injury, and right after that we got a rookie in the game who blew a coverage, and it gave Davis a long catch/run for the go ahead TD.[/quote]

agreed

[/quote]Well thats at least two. It is a start.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Now its three. Totally agree with your analysis. I just posted on another thread that I thought the difference this Sunday will be at the QB play. I see Eli throwing for more than 300 yards regardless of the weather. I see us winning by 7. Will be a dog fight, but we win.

no doubt...like i said in another thread, Eli has become the QB we all expected him to be...the league was so busy looking at Brees, Rogers and Brady that Eli flew under the radar for a while...he's not under the radar anymore...he's carried this team until it got healthy...now is the time this team runs on all cylinders....stay blue.....

[quote user="galaxy10"]Now its three.* Totally agree with your analysis.* I just posted on another thread that I thought the difference this Sunday will be at the QB play. I see Eli throwing for more than 300 yards regardless of the weather. I see us winning by 7.* Will be a dog fight, but we win.*
    [/quote]The type of game, comes down to the play calling and if the offense and defense can execute. And if they can it won't be pretty. The last couple games KG did an overall great job, but vs SF the first time it was horrid game with mainly Shotgun draws against a number 1 run defensive team. Made no sense.

I made a Friendly Sig bet with a GB fan, and he msg me in private. I told him to not be surprised if it turns out to be a more one sided game, since we have a healthy team with Osi and Mario coming back(they had their hand in the wins for us), and a healthy Boley
    and Bradshaw this time around.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="blueomaha"]no doubt...like i said in another thread, Eli has become the QB we all expected him to be...the league was so busy looking at Brees, Rogers and Brady that Eli flew under the radar for a while...he's not under the radar anymore...he's carried this team until it got healthy...now is the time this team runs on all cylinders....stay blue.....
    [/quote]Eli only flew under the radar, because no one looked into it, and just kept repeating what all the other talking heads said.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

late bump
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

In case people want to have an idea how great SF offense really is.

Four 1st half turnovers (w/some short fields to drive on) and the 49ers lead the Saints 17-14 going into the 3rd quarter, and we are talking about the Saints defense in case you forgot..
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Yep I agree we are a different team when being healthy. And Boley has been a difference maker. If he didn't go down who knows how that game would of ended.

Also you're correct in stating that Alex Smith should of put more points up with all those turnovers, but he did look very good in the 4th qtr.

I think we have a really good chance and it will come down to KG making the correct play calling. Also by winning the turnover battle.

GO BLUE!!!